Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hard to Say Anything  

147 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• *cringes* NNNNNOPE! ("I hate it!" >__<)
    • Eenope. ("I dislike it.")
    • *crickets chirping* ("…meh")
    • Eeyup. ("I like it!")
    • "It's MY cuddly-wuddly boopsie-woopsie pumpkin pie." ("I LOVE IT" <3)

7 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Pick your choice in the poll by clicking and click "Submit vote."

Hm, for some reason there is no option to click any of the choices. Everything is mere text.

7 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

With the way it's going, I will.

If you're going to do any implications about Hasbro bashing Disney, please give me fair warning. 'Cause I always saw those two as being FRIENDLY Rivals, not BITTER enemies out for each other's blood. Whoops, I hope I didn't jinxed it! 

>SB says follow the fairytale, and Sugar Belle will win his heart

>the fairytale being rescuing the damsel in distress

>SB believes it'll work

picard-facepalm_mkuu.jpg

:dry:

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty shit. I mean the ending was good, but everything leading up to that was hard to sit through

Biases aside(RIP Cheerimac :( ), I'm glad Big Mac earned Sugar Belle's love

But he should know better than to take love advice from the CMC, they just aren't the romantic types :p. You're a grown ass man! Do it your way!

Also I can see the Gaston parody parts of Feather Bangs, but he's so much like Justin Bieber that he almost made me stop watching

Also while I get they were trying to parody common Disney tropes, but they didn't really approach them well imo, and in some cases, they just made Big Mac look like a creep

Not the worst episode ever, but I don't see myself going back to it anytime soon

• Brohoof 4

I didn't like the CMC talking smack about Spike behind his back. Makes them look like jerks. I hope spike gets an episode where he proves them wrong. 

I like Feather, but the songs getting out of hand were cringey. At least it gives plenty of material for the fandom to remix. I hope Feather finds his one special somepony. Maybe Cheerilee, when he goes to Ponyville to see the CMC again.

• Brohoof 1

Goodness gracious, Ceto, my goddess, drop a ghost leviathan on my grand reef base and be done with it! Action and romance are two major components of action adventure. MLP sucks at both.

Why does this look like another teen crush and not a beginning of a healthy relationship? It's the same old routine Mac went through with Marble. The proper way gets lost inside all the cringe to the point one isn't quite sure what lesson they were trying to convey. I mean, "don't be an idiot" applies to pretty much everything. So is it "dialogue" or "don't listen to your little sister for love advice"? I'll go out on a limb and say it's both ... How old is BM again?

And Sugar ain't doing a great job either. Seriously, it's the current year and women still think men are psychic? I want you to be romantic towards me but in a very specific way that I will only hint at in a vague manner and if you can't read between the lines and do exactly as I want you don't really love me. It takes two to dance, but if one wants to be the musician dictating the rhythm it creates a problem. So you like him but he's doing some stupid shit cause inexperience. How hard it is to stop the cringe and just go on a date?

Alright, your average fan can wring out some reasoning as to why these two are compatible, but the duty to convey this in a proper manner is still on the writer. This was not done and Sugar seems like just another one of Mac's crushes writers forced upon him cause lessunz n shiet.

6 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty shit. I mean the ending was good, but everything leading up to that was hard to sit through

Biases aside(RIP Cheerimac :( ), I'm glad Big Mac earned Sugar Belle's love

But he should know better than to take love advice from the CMC, they just aren't the romantic types :p. You're a grown ass man! Do it your way!

Also I can see the Gaston parody parts of Feather Bangs, but he's so much like Justin Bieber that he almost made me stop watching

Also while I get they were trying to parody common Disney tropes, but they didn't really approach them well imo, and in some cases, they just made Big Mac look like a creep

Not the worst episode ever, but I don't see myself going back to it anytime soon

Yep. Feather Bangs is basically 2011 Justin Beiber. 
This episode's cringe levels were over 9000, in more ways than one.

Overall, I just found the episode average. It had some parts in it I found funny, and enjoyed, by they were offset by the wincing in other parts of it. I liked hearing Big Mac actually talk in the episode, instead of just "Yup" all the time, I thought the CMC disguises bit was pretty funny & and again, the call back to the love potion and Big Macs expression and reactions was priceless. However, I found the over the type trying to win her affections very tiring... it has just been done to death in other shows and nothing about it seemed very original or inspiring.

Also, I did not find him trying to kiss her a big deal like some do... that gag has been played to death since Looney tunes cartoons and actually is a staple of fairy tale romance stories. You would be surprised how many people to this day actually do think waking someone with a kiss (even a stranger)  is cute or romantic. Either way, he went about it all wrong. I don't blame him for listening to the CMCs.. after all it has been firmly stated he is shy, and pretty clueless about romance and feelings, so I can see him listening to them just because he did not have any ideas himself. Big Mac does not strike me as the most confident pony when it comes to such things as love and dating and the like.

And that song.... it was equal parts hilarious and awful... the only things that saved it from absolute hate was

A. Sugar Belles reactions getting more and more annoyed. If she had gotten all starry eyed it would have went downhill even harder, but her reactions allowed us to sympathize with her since we were all hurting to.

B. Big Mac singing.. sure it was terrible... but c'mon... a Big Mac song! NO ONE called that! NO ONE! I am giving them credit for doing it despite it being awful. Plus I can see it, many a person has sung badly for someone they care about with very mixed results. Not sure if Beiber pony made it better or worse though.

C. And the back and forth antics between BM and FB.... It quickly became apparent it was not to be taken seriously, and once I no longer was, it became a lot easier to deal with.

So yeah... not the worst episode out there, but it could have been done so much better without some of the over the top stuff they pulled and turning it into the typical guy likes girl, other guy likes girl, so ridiculous competition begins between them to win said girls heart. There are plenty of shows that have pulled the trope, and have done it better... MLP should have went a different route and tackled it smarted or more originally. I guess that fairy tale book was not the only one they were flipping through when writing this episode.

I would say it is a wavering 5/10 and easily the worst episode of the season so far.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I hope Feather finds his one special somepony. Maybe Cheerilee, when he goes to Ponyville to see the CMC again.

So much HELL NO! I actually yelled it out loud.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I didn't like the CMC talking smack about Spike behind his back. Makes them look like jerks. I hope spike gets an episode where he proves them wrong.

It was a little jab in the shoulder. No need to always be upset everytime spike gets them.

• Brohoof 3

I feel like Season 7 has been kind of up and down. It has good episodes like Celestial Advice, Rock Solid Friendship, Parental Glideance, All Bottled Up and Flurry of Emotions. But it also has episodes like Fluttershy Leans In, Forever Filly, and Hard to Say Anything.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

I feel like Season 7 has been kind of up and down. It has good episodes like Celestial Advice, Rock Solid Friendship, Parental Glideance, All Bottled Up and Flurry of Emotions. But it also has episodes like Fluttershy Leans In, Forever Filly, and Hard to Say Anything.

I have to agree there. Most of the time, the episodes are really good, or just really bad. If this keeps going on, it will be hard to rate this season.

• Brohoof 4

11 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

How hard it is to stop the cringe and just go on a date?

Apparently monumental since I have seen real topics from real people to this day that could put BMs "cringey" attempts to shame.

Apparently the easiest ways are the most difficult of all.

• Brohoof 2

The episode was mediocre. I liked some of the jokes and the Disney/Justin Bieber parodies, but the whole prospect of Big Mac having his "first crush" and needing fucking 10 year olds to help him is downright cringy. Also the song sequence was a classic example of filler, something that MLP rarely resorts to. 

5/10

• Brohoof 1

Well... that was something I suppose.

I'm not much of a critical mind usually and I enjoy almost anything (in fact even the episodes commonly disliked by many are not disliked by me) but for the moment this season is kind of a mix bag for me. I liked some of the episodes (Clestial Advice, All Bottled up, A Flurry of Emotions, Parental Glideance to some extent...) but some of the others just didn't impress me in the slighest (namely Rock Solid Friendship which as a Pinkie fan was very hard to enjoy because of how she was written, Fluttershy Leans in with it's very weak conflict, Forever Filly with a pretty awful writting and rythm...). Hard to say Anything is definitly in the second category.

First off I maybe am a little biaised on the matter since I'm asexual and 100% aromantic and because of that don't have much of an interrest in episodes talking about love mainly because I can't really relate to any of the characters in this sort of story. I can appreciate a story revolving about love but this story must be really good, interresting and really good written to hold my interrest and make me care for something as un-understable and dumb looking as someone having a crush on someone else. I didn't really enjoy the first love centric episode of MLP and this one was in my opinion not really better and maybe worse.

This episode didn't make it interresting enough for me to care about what happened. The story was boring, it's writting was boring (the middle of the episode was just a row of scenes with Big Mac being an idiot and his rival having a good timing again and again, the song was here because without it the episode would have been too short and it wasn't really catchy so in the end it's really a waste of time, and even the end with Big Mac making the counter bigger has the subtlety of an elephant jumping on a trampoline in a flying plane since it was clear from the moment Sugar Belle randomly choose to talk about it what this would be what makes her choose Big Mac), and even the characters weren't really interresting : Big Mac characterisation was really strange (it would have worked before Where the Apple lies and Bortherhooves Social but now what we know a bit much Big Mac him being "shy" and going with any random crap idea the CMC have is not really something you can do), Something Bang had a bit of development at the end but all in all was a pretty generic antagonist just for the sake of being one, and if this story didn't interrest me in the slighest it's probably because we don't know very well Sugar Belle (most of her lines were said when she was under the control of Starlight and since then we didn't really spend time with her to really understand who she is, what her personality is really and just... who she is in general) so I didn't really care if she choose to date Big Mac or the other boy since I don't know her enough to understand how she think and what impact will have her choice on her life. In addition, this episode didn't really do anything to develop Sugar Belle as a character, she was mostly the girl both dudes want to get and apart the fact what she loves baking (which we already knew) and what having two dudes fighting for her and crashing her place is not something she enjoy (which is something a little bit obvious) I didn't really think I learn a thing about her.

So all in all not the worst episode of the serie (Applejack's Day Off was still way much boring) but very meh nonetheless. I hope tomorrow episode will be not as boring and contrived.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

So much HELL NO! I actually yelled it out loud.

why the buck not? He deserves to be happy, too!

13 minutes ago, Trixie . said:

Big mac singing is something I never expected  to see.

he sang before in Sisterhooves Social

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

why the buck not? He deserves to be happy, too!

Because he is a mix of Gaston and Justin Bieber, arrogant, selfcentered and a comedy sidekick.

16 minutes ago, Trixie . said:

Big mac singing is something I never expected  to see.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

he sang before in Sisterhooves Social

He sang near the beginning of Filli Vanilli, too.

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I have a feeling you're gonna rip this episode apart in your review. 

He ain't the only one. When dislike an episode this much, you know they really screwed up somewhere. Almost all of my ratings are usually 4's and 5's in these polls. I initially rated this one a 2. It may actually drop. It would require another viewing which I kinda don't want to do. 

Raritysmileyglassangry.png

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Mesme Rize said:

Because he is a mix of Gaston and Justin Bieber, arrogant, selfcentered and a comedy sidekick.

so was Big Mac in the episode, but HE redeemed himself. And Feather redeemed a bit, too, near the end, by asking for the CMC's advice on how to do things differently. Give the poor guy a chance, eh?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

so was Big Mac in the episode, but HE redeemed himself. And Feather redeemed a bit, too, near the end, by asking for the CMC's advice on how to do things differently. Give the poor guy a chance, eh?

You mean like you do for Starlight Glimmer? ;)

• Brohoof 3