Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

Honest Apple  

137 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• "I HATE IT, RARITY!" "Well, Applejack, I HATE IT MORE!" *bickers for five minutes*
    • Rarity: "My uniform idea from Rainbow Falls is better." ("I dislike it.")
    • "Meh. AJ's hat's cute, but it needs some more…pizzazz." ("It's okay.")
    • "As fabulous as a Roundup Ribbon Sweep!" ("I like it!")
    • AJ: *is as much in awe as listening to Coloratura sing*

(edited)

Note: Although the U.S. won't air it till June 3, Canada's Treehouse TV will air this Sunday morning. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Honest Apple

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 14, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): June 3, 2017

Writer: Kevin Lappin

Summary: "When Rarity asks Applejack to be a judge in a fashion show, Applejack learns that an opinion, however honest, can still be hurtful."

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

Each episode airs sometime between 11 and 11:30am EST, but its timing isn't completely consistent. When someone uploads the episodes on YT and DailyMotion, I'll link them to you here.

A poll will be published after it airs. Poll's up!

Canadian Airing Streams (links courtesy of EQD):
Otaku Brawler (the one I watched Leans In)
Brony Network
Lemonwalnut

DailyMotion:

YT: coming soon.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
added DM vid
  • Brohoof 1

I don't even think I'm gonna bother with this one. Synopsis doesn't sound very good and I've been more or less sick of the Rarijack pairing since S4

• Brohoof 3

Somehow we have to see another pairing get an episode this season, as this one's being used repeatedly over and over again. It's happened in every past season before.

To be perfectly honest, this episode doesn't really sound that interesting.

It is just yet another Rarity/Applejack episode, and there has yet to be one that isn't freaking boring.

I mean it probably can't be as mind-boggling boring as Applejack's Day Off, but that is a really really really low bar to step over.

• Brohoof 2

Both this episode and the previous episode seem to be very "love it or hate it" with very few fans taking the middle ground.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im not even going to rate this episode, im just gonna say, Rarity and Applejack need an episode where they do nothing but make out, for 22 minutes. 

Cause god the Rarijack ran strong in this one.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 3

Really had fun with this one. Rarity pulling a Slash was hilarious! Princess Bride reference from Applejack was nice, and a moral about tact is really needed in today's society. There were a lot of nice touches here. Coco Pommel making it is nice (how Rarity didn't know about that is beyond me). 

Spike being a creeper needs to not be a thing. Also 'drama pony' accent is annoying. They really need to stop using that accent. 

Yay good episode. 

• Brohoof 7

Just now, Trixie . said:

Not even going to bother to watch. 

Then why are you in this thread?

Seriously go watch and form your own opinion, don't just grandstand before watching something.

• Brohoof 7

1 minute ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

Then why are you in this thread?

Seriously go watch and form your own opinion, don't just grandstand before watching something.

I'll do that, got nothing else to do....so I guess I'll watch 2 characters which I don't really like. May end up liking them...

Just now, Jeric said:

Really had fun with this one. Rarity pulling a Slash was hilarious! Princess Bride reference from Applejack was nice, and a moral about tact is really needed in today's society. There were a lot of nice touches here. Coco Pommel making it is nice (how Rarity didn't know about that is beyond me). 

Spike being a creeper needs to not be a thing. Also 'drama pony' accent is annoying. They really need to stop using that accent. 

Yay good episode. 

Im the biggest Rarijack shipper around, but Im gonna say, im glad to have a Rarity/AJ episode where Rarity is finally the one totally in the right, I love Rarity and AJ together but too often it felt like Applejack was always lecturing her and teaching her lessons. So im just happy to see that flipped.

Just now, Trixie . said:

I'll do that, got nothing else to do....so I guess I'll watch 2 characters which I don't really like. May end up liking them...

well im sorry your taste in characters kind sucks, but go try.

• Brohoof 2

I really liked this episode. Not just because of the message (which several bronies need to take to heart) but because i know how Applejack feels. AJ and i are very practical when it comes to fashion, because we don't really consider it an art form, like music, movies or paintings. All we see in clothing are necessities of everyday life. If it's raining outside, i grab my jacket, if it's not then i don't. I don't need a fancy Jacket that is 1000 bucks worth, considering barely anybody will give a shit.

The moral was great, because it pretty much says "i might not like it, but it's cool if you do." People seem to forget this all the time, because they think their opinion is superior and it's great that AJ learned that, while still holding on to her own standards, just like me.

Also, that little guitar riff from Rarity in the middle was random, but incredibly funny. :D

All in all, really like the episode. Kicks yesterdays episode out of the park.

2 minutes ago, Trixie . said:

Dude, there is no need to be a party pooper. You really act childish.

• Brohoof 7

3 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I really liked this episode. Not just because of the message (which several bronies need to take to heart) but because i know how Applejack feels. AJ and i are very practical when it comes to fashion, because we don't really consider it an art form, like music, movies or paintings. All we see in clothing are necessities of everyday life. If it's raining outside, i grab my jacket, if it's not then i don't. I don't need a fancy Jacket that is 1000 bucks worth, considering barely anybody will give a shit.

The moral was great, because it pretty much says "i might not like it, but it's cool if you do." People seem to forget this all the time, because they think their opinion is superior and it's great that AJ learned that, while still holding on to her own standards, just like me.

Also, that little guitar riff from Rarity in the middle was random, but incredibly funny. :D

All in all, really like the episode. Kicks yesterdays episode out of the park.

I definitely did not expect Rarity to play the guitar like she's playing Guitar Hero. She needs to be a DLC character in the next Guitar Hero game!

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

Im the biggest Rarijack shipper around, but Im gonna say, im glad to have a Rarity/AJ episode where Rarity is finally the one totally in the right, I love Rarity and AJ together but too often it felt like Applejack was always lecturing her and teaching her lessons. So im just happy to see that flipped.

Episode really presented Rarity is a mature light at the same time. I love when she goes all full blown drama meltdown, but it is nice to see her show restraint. I loved that Rarity didn't pressure AJ and asked her to sleep on it. That last scene between the two also was a nice touch. 

The argument between Strawberry Sunrise and AJ sounded awfully like an internet debate with little substance but opinion, but it served the moral and brought Rarity's point home. 

'Literally'

Now, I faint!

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Photon Jet said:

I definitely did not expect Rarity to play the guitar like she's playing Guitar Hero. She needs to be a DLC character in the next Guitar Hero game!

How long till someone edits that rarity riff with this song?

:P

BTW, poll is up. Ha, i was faster DQ. :P

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This one was a bit hard to like for me. I guess it was alright or maybe even good, but Applejack being "honest" in such a jerky fashion was really off-putting. Especially when she shook apart that one mare's hat which took some amount of hours of work which I don't remember. :/

*Reaches into the virtual toy box to find a fitting Aku meme.*

Here we are.

Aku Angry Reaction Image.jpg

Edited by AkuStarburstLyraFries
  • Brohoof 3

Oh look, Pinkie got her brains back. She should really ease on those moon flower seeds. Anyhow, I'm completely on the side of utility. Buck bourgeois fashion, hail plebeian functionality! I don't like apples either. Still doesn't make AJ's argument any less valid. Fashion is ludicrous since it is a dysfunctional and completely self-serving art for rich folk. Different kinds of fruit are not since you can still eat your preferred kind, plus they are a part of the ecosystem that exists with or without us. To state that two sides of an argument will always be equal to one another is sophistry. That said, people have the right to choose their own poison.

Well that was better than yesterday's episode! I'll give it a 7/10. Great moral, executed nicely, but some elements I really didn't want to see. Just didn't like hearing "Miss Pommel", and more of a reason I want Spike's crush on Rarity to end. It's not fun to see Rarity take advantage of it. Nice seeing Photo Finish and Hoity Toity again, and I LOVED the rocking Rarity part!

(edited)
4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Fashion is ludicrous since it is a dysfunctional and completely self-serving art for rich folk.

You're wrong. To a lot of people, fashion is also an extension of their creativity and/or personality. Rarity sees fashion from a graphic designer perspective. Not just how it's designed, but how it speaks to people and how it connotates. Fashion is her gateway to creativity.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 8