Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

Honest Apple  

137 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• "I HATE IT, RARITY!" "Well, Applejack, I HATE IT MORE!" *bickers for five minutes*
    • Rarity: "My uniform idea from Rainbow Falls is better." ("I dislike it.")
    • "Meh. AJ's hat's cute, but it needs some more…pizzazz." ("It's okay.")
    • "As fabulous as a Roundup Ribbon Sweep!" ("I like it!")
    • AJ: *is as much in awe as listening to Coloratura sing*

This episode went successful for both Applejack and Rarity, so I will say this is an excellent episode as well! :D Those ponies are dressed up in a fashioned way at the near ending part, they like their new designs better.

At the very least, a good lesson was learned on both ends. 

Anywho, I'd have voted for the gothic pony. I think Spencer's and Hot Topic are pretty cool stores to waste your time in, and buy overpriced band T's. Lmao.

P.S. "I don't think you know what that word means." Thank you Applejack. That was needed. Very, very needed. 

9 minutes ago, Miles said:

P.S. "I don't think you know what that word means." Thank you Applejack. That was needed. Very, very needed. 

I'm kinda curious about what would have happened with Twilight there. ^^

Honestly what an Apple episode. I will go with the crowd here, often times when Im 5/5 most are like 4/5 or vice-versa but this time im not saving what didn;t come as good episode for me. Mostly it is because unless the episode with Rarity or AJ have something exceptionally good to make you laugh or enjoy like Saddle Row Review, I just dont care about the episode if nothing much happens. And this episode is one of them so I give it 3/5.

I'm curious to see the reactions, did they hate AJ, did AJ again go OOC to serve the episode, or was it normal after all her development? I think her reaction is alright, I mean she can lose her temper easy enough sometimes, so just cause 'some lesson is learnt' doesn't mean she can't react like that. Some parts of the episode felt like not the typical AJ but overall she was herself. And the making it up for it part of AJ was expected, not a bad episode just not so interesting to me.

There are only misc remarks I want to point out, I forgot the first one, the second one was - since when Pinkie plays a (banjo?)? Or maybe it is a guitar afterall, the Rarity playing the guitar was done to be meme-d.  Lily Lace is so nice, maybe because she looks like Fluttershy 

640?cb=20170604141722

(edited)

The Mane Attraction and Honest Apple feels like two sides of the same coin. Applejack doing roughly about the same thing voicing her opinion on pizazz and the ponies working on it quit. Both had a negative consequence of nearly ruining the whole event. The Mane Attraction had them able to quickly fix the damage and Honest Apple has Applejack learn a lesson while also fixing the damage.

Maybe they should keep AJ away from being involved with these kinds of events.

Edited by Singe

So yeah, a little late to the party, but I liked this one. More so than the proceeding one.

It's very rare that we see a pony's element actually be a bit of a detriment and a point of contention. A message that even our finer traits can cause problems. Also, not only did I like the moral, and not only is it an important one, but it also felt very meta. Like the message might have been directed a anyone on an internet community or social media as a whole. And maybe a bit of a message for us ;).

Overall, liked the moral, liked the character designs, liked how a ponies own central character traits were used for a conflict, without them going OOC. 

Also this: 

I can now die in peace. 

On 5/14/2017 at 11:33 AM, WiiGuy2014 said:

Whoa! Since when did Rarity learn to play a guitar like a rock star playing to get their bottled up aggression out in a healthy way?!

First pinkie now Rarity,, oh no the two worlds are collpasing in on each other, they just don't know it!

Ugh! i got up the guatar part and just gave up...after reading so many comments i kind of agree...this episode is just..gah full of issues.

Although I am on AJ side about the holes in clothes thing (it just dumb!) and that goth character can just take a hike for all I care. The sterotypes didn't make me care for them at all. Applejack being blunt sure but...she not blind to what she saying.

• 1 month later...

I was honestly wondering when they'd make an episode on Applejack learning the difference between being blunt and being "blunt" to the point that you're actually being harsh.  It seems the day had finally come. :)

It's definitely a pretty good lesson for kids.  You can be honest, but there are definitely nice ways of presenting your opinion without hurting others.

Edited by StoryTail
Nitpicking on my use of present tense and past tense, lol.
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, StoryTail said:

I was honestly wondering when they'd make an episode on Applejack learning the difference between being blunt and being "blunt" to the point that you're actually being harsh.  It seems the day has finally come. :)

It's definitely a pretty good lesson for kids.  You can be honest, but there are definitely nice ways of presenting your opinion without hurting others.

"There's such thing as being too honest, too" - AJ :bedeyes:

Edited by Dowlphin
  • Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Dowlphin said:

"There's such thing as being too honest, too" - AJ :bedeyes:

Haha! :D Right!

Oh man, I'm really not liking the present tense that I put for "day has finally come."  But now that you've quoted me, it might be harder for me to change it to past tense and eliminate all the evidence.

• 1 month later...

One thing for sure, Rarity should  have seen it coming with Applejack being blunt and won't be nice about it.  Although I would agree with Applejack that it pretty ridiculous to fight over which belts is better..WHEN.THEY.ARE.THE.SAME.FREAKIN.BELT. But I wouldn't thought Applejack will get out of hand by defacing one's work, that was just out of her character. That should have been rainbow dash's job.

Meh, the only good thing about this episode was the 3 designers. But it was just boring, and Rarity's guitar solo didn't help at all. :P

Edited by Blobulle

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Or maybe RariPunk is forshadowing a mane band. :P

Or indeed both. As a fashion leader, Rarity is likely to inspire both a new mane style and a new musical style. Presumably the equestrian equivalents of Hair Metal bands would be manestream? :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

You're wrong. To a lot of people, fashion is also an extension of their creativity and/or personality. Rarity sees fashion from a graphic designer perspective. Not just how it's designed, but how it speaks to people and how it connotates. Fashion is her gateway to creativity.

Disco ball...is ...dumb...that apperently hot fashion..hahah

This episode gave AJ a bad reputation to some, because of her treatment of the 3 fashion ponies. Sure, she didn't made the best of figures, but that comes from a combination of her down-to-hearth/practical thinking and the fact of having her position as judge going a little too much in her head; I have great respect of AJ as she is, but even the greatest can fail when out of their usual ground :D.

Same goes for Rarity: choosing AJ as a judge was decided while thinking she have opened her mind a little bit in the world of art and fashion, given the time they've spent together. Again, anyone can make a miscalculation. 

Finally, I liked the three fashionistas, especially in design ^^. 

Overall, a 3.5/5 for me. 

PS: I'm also curious on seeing the strawberry eating pony again, I bet she and AJ can have some fun rivalry xD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
(edited)

This episode is really bad. Rarity is never put in the wrong for the entire episode, despite the entire situation being her fault. All Rarity had to do was tell Applejack that she couldn't be a judge anymore and everything could be solved.

Applejack isn't much better. She should've realized that she just doesn't understand fashion and shouldn't be judging it. Instead, she doubles down and ruins all of the designers' work.

In the end, we have an episode where none of the leads are likable and both of them are out of character just for the sake of a contrived story.

I like what the episode was going for, with the message of how you shouldn't give your opinions on something you're not well informed about, but the execution was a complete failure, aside from a few jokes from Pinkie.

Score: 1/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 3 months later...

Liked this one! Rarity with guitar was so awesome and this was just fun overall. It seems like the lessons in season 7 are much more practical than the previous ones.:mlp_grin:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

EMOPONY!!! I loved the Emopony! Emos are always so stylish, she was instantly one of my favorite characters. Or maybe she was goth, i dont know, they look kinda similar.

Oh yeah the Episode, it was good, i liked it. The only part i disliked was the part in which Applejack actually destroyed the hat of one of the designer Ponys until that point she was actually quite reasonable but than she went full jerk.

But i guess that was the point of the episode, you can be honest but without being insulting, thats a lesson i can also learn for myself, since i tend to believe that the world should more evolve around my opinions. I can also step down a bit.

Edited by Nanotek
  • Brohoof 1