Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Equestria girls 5

Lezal Rose

Hey guys this is my first chat *squee* :pinkie: I'm so excited! This is just a place to discuss Equestria Girls 5! It has been confirmed.

Here's some conversation sparkers ;)

What do you think the title will be?

Do you think the Dazzlings will come back?

Do you think we will see human Sunset or Starlight Glimmer?

What do you think the characters name's will be (apart from the main ones)?

Do you think it will be musical, dancing, sports, or if you have another idea write it.

Give me a plot line for EG 5

Make up a song for EG 5

Write some theories!

Hope you guys enjoy my first discussion! 

Well, I've never been a fan of the Equestia Girls. I personally would prefer it if it was more slice of life rather than being full of mythical creatures and stuff. Also I don't think they need any more characters. They have so many they could use but don't for some reason. 

• Brohoof 1

With the whole not using characters thing, I think they want to make unique characters for each movie. And I agree about the whole mythical creatures and stuff I think they need a bit more everyday drama kind of thing and "slice of life" as you said.

Yeah but they really don't need to. With the huge amount of background characters we rarely get a close up of, hear speak or even hear anything of their backstory, the need for new characters just isn't there in my opinion. 

And yeah, It's supposed to be a kids show, but I feel it does need to get a little more serious. For example the last MLP episode was about crushes. So I guess it's getting there slowly. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I think Hasbro are just being lazy with the background characters and I understand they would need voice actors for them  (if they did decide to voice them) and I'm sure there are a ton of bronies/ Pegasusisters who would be happy to voice them. And they always have people on the crew as well. And I haven't watched the latest episode :D

Well quite a few of them do have voice actors already, I just don't think the writers want to write about a character they have never written about before. Which is odd because there's so much potential they are pretty much ignoring.

I reccomend you watch the last episode, it's actually really good.

• Brohoof 1

Given the specials coming out this summer being 22 minute episodes, I think that they might be a testing ground to see if the franchise can work in that kind of format.

And if they are successful I could see an EQG netflix tv show instead of getting a 5th movie.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, King of Snake said:

The first episode is actually already up on Youtube...but before you get excited I must point out that it's in Polish.

Strange trend lately of MLP media appearing early outside of the United States, whether it be early airings of FiM episodes in Canada or the Polish dub of an EQG special. :blink:

• Brohoof 3

The more ya post here and talk to people, the higher your level will be. I wouldn't be bothered by it though, it doesn't mean much

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Rhod said:

The more ya post here and talk to people, the higher your level will be. I wouldn't be bothered by it though, it doesn't mean much

Yeah, you'll be in quite a high rank before you know it :dash: . Seriously, I don't know how I became a crystal pony :lol: 

• Brohoof 2

Slice-of-life would be nice, preferably with a strong inclination towards humour. Unlike many others, I think the movies' ties to FiM are what make them interesting, and that without that component they might not be terribly exciting at all. Remove anything related to the show or the world of Equestria from Rainbow Rocks, for instance, and it becomes another movie entirely; no coincidence that it's the best one. The Dazzlings coming back would be nice, I guess, although aside from somehow being forced to cooperate with the Rainbooms, I'm not sure what could be done with them. Mostly, I want to see more of the characters introduced in FiM make appearances in the movies proper, and I want to see Equestria Girls do more to explore how the main characters' lives translate to the mundane, magic-free human world. The more magic is introduced to the mix, the more these movies feel like they miss their own point, and the less compelling they become to me. I'd also really like Twilight to take on more of her pony counterpart's characteristics, and having the two Twilights meet for a longer period of time, even if it's just a five-minute short, could be really fun. But yes: more parallels to FiM, not fewer. These movies need to play to their strengths. 

We have three specials this year that follow the events of Legend of Everfree though they might surprise us with a fifth movie though right now there doesn't seem to be any plans to give us "EQG 5". One of the specials has already aired--in Poland--so with that one, it's a matter of whether you want to be spoiled by what happens. The other two haven't aired yet so we can still speculate what they will be about before they air.

I still think a movie where both humans and ponies have to team up to fix the dimensional rift between both of their worlds would be a really cool story.

Sunset could finally have her redemption with Princess Celestia that she's craved for so long too.

Seen the first short, no sign of the sirens anywhere

:huh: . I doubt they'll show up at all in the next, unless they manage to make a cameo in the theaters