Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Equestria Girls May Become A Tv Series

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

Hey guys if the eqg specials are succesful it may become a tv series just like mlp i dont know if their gonna be doing mobies anymore it may just be a tv show that will be on with mlp fim or to reapace mlp fim since eqg is much newer then Friendship is magic

I really hope the do. Seems like the specials is supposed to test this out, Dance Magic really felt like a FiM episode(in a good way)

• Brohoof 2

I really hope that they go through with this idea. Over the course of 4 movies, each one getting better than the last, I completely believe that the Equestria Girls series has done more than enough to prove that it is worthy of this privilege. If this does become a reality, I will give it the same care and attention as the main series.

If they can make it into something like Steven Universe or SVTFOE (where it has lore and isn't just poppy drivel) then it could definitely work.

For my own personal selfishness, I kinda hope not, though if it happens, I won't be tuning into it. No offense to those who liked the EQG movies (because I know people get so offended by this), but I hated them all. I'm not a fan of the magical mythical beasts theme of all the movies. I prefer more slice of life themes which tackle more realistic issues.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*Watches Dance Magic (Polish dub, English subs).*

Yay for more Shadowbolts!

Now we just need more Dazzlings, and Sunset's Human-world counterpart.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

Perhaps, but replacing FiM? That would be sad. I think they'll be working on both, at least for now.

yeeeah, I think so, too, that the specials might be testing the waters for a tv series. That brief Equestria Girls "intro" felt very much like a "and now back to our show" scene after a commercial.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.....

21 hours ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

I really hope the do. Seems like the specials is supposed to test this out, Dance Magic really felt like a FiM episode(in a good way)

I actually think they've made specials instead of another movie is to avoid competition with the pony movie :huh: . Anyway, if they don't fear MLP is competing with itself between FiM and an EG tv series, I don't mind either way 

(edited)

Even if I would love to see more Sunset, I would still prefer it if they would stick (mainly) to the movie format. After four movies it is a little to late for a show in my opinion.  The first special also showed me that an EG show would be like FIM just with humans, and I do not need that. ._.

Edited by Aya. K.

(edited)

Even if we don't get a show, I've seen some great fan fiction writers who have written engaging stories taking place in the EG world. Jay the Brony on FimFiction.net has over 50 stories(last time I checked) in his own Equestria Girls Continuity of tales.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

I wouldn't mind seeing a television series of Equestria Girls. The four movies and the three specials have formed the foundation that a potential series could continue on from and turn it into its own successful run, but perhaps a few more specials might work first to give it some more oomph.