Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie

MaryxMelody

So, a regular movie and not equestria girls is coming up! What is every brony and pegasister think of that?

Excited, nervous, happy, mad, proud, disappointed? I would like to know everyponies opinions!!  

I personally am super excited for this! I love where hasbro is taking MLP to a new level! Its released October 6, 2017 (USA)!
I hope to see ya tere!

• Brohoof 2

I am neutral about it. I thought it was a pretty cool idea when it was first announced... since then I have seem some things I am less than excited for or interested in. That being said it has the potential to be really awesome or really bad...I guess we will see come release date. Overall I expect it will probably be a fun film and will do pretty well in theaters, but I really think it will just feel like an extended episode despite how much the writers have promised it won't.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm not expecting much from it, but I am intrigued and will watch it. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but I'm not counting on it.

However, it does make me happy that the show has gone so far and now even has a movie. ^^

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

people are going to be disappointed due to setting their expectations way too high.

What?? You mean you don't think it will become the #1 film of all time, by like... lots of money and stuff?

I mean this movie is supposed to be the next religious movement that will have Christians, Buddhists, Scientologists and Atheists (among many others) drop their soon to be inferior beliefs and sing the praises of Celestia and all of her magical subjects in one unified but glorious world heard hymn.

Oct 6th = The day the world will begin anew. Make sure you all get your official MLP robes in preparation for this event.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I am neutral about it. I thought it was a pretty cool idea when it was first announced... since then I have seem some things I am less than excited for or interested in. That being said it has the potential to be really awesome or really bad...I guess we will see come release date. Overall I expect it will probably be a fun film and will do pretty well in theaters, but I really think it will just feel like an extended episode despite how much the writers have promised it won't.

My expectation is that we will get something akin to Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. OK if you like Duck Tales, but missing some things that made fans love the series. Basically, it's likely to be good and watchable. 

I am excited about the music though. 

• Brohoof 2

It doesn't seem likely that it'll have many of the things I like most in this series, being a standalone feature with an adventure plotline, but I am hoping it might be fun. However, with some of the surprisingly weak character designs announced for it, I'm not expecting all that much, and for some reason what little we've seen of the new art style doesn't feel right to me. Meh. 

• Brohoof 1

I think its a little late to the game to make an MLP movie considering the hay day of the fandom was a few years ago but they can still draw some more people back to the fandom or new ones if this film is going to be good. Im of course not getting my hopes up TOO much as to not be disappointed. I mean its an MLP movie after all and the EqG wernt exactly expertly written or compelling even if they were decent. A pleasant surprise would be good tho.