Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Almost caught in the act

Grtxkkyz

I've kind of gotten caught, once. But first, I a couple of other related stories.

first off is about my family, they're allright with a guy liking a "girl thing" or a girl liking a "guy thing"... witch sounds allright, EXCEPT if that thing is my little pony, one of my little brother's favourite things to talk about is bronies being idiots, and even in grade 6 I was allright with bronies, but my siblings (especially my older sister.) would talk to me about "bronies suck" or "there's no reason for them to like the show" or "bronies always ruin websites by talking about ponies" blah blah blah. also, one time I dared my brother to watch it, and he told me he would if I did too, so I agreed, we put on episode one and half the time my little brother was going "this is stupid, why are we even watching this?" and stuff like that. Then, the theme song started. before it could even get 5 seconds in and go from the girly sounding "my little pony, my little pony." to the slightly girly sounding part that came next, be freaks out and turns it off. also, through the whole thing I had to pretend to hate it, even though I really just thought "meh." (also, I had a bunch of internet friends who were bronies at the time."

now, in grade 7 (last year) I was talking with one of my friends, I won't put his name here, but anyway, he was showing me this picture on his phone, and (now I feel really bad for him) I saw a pony picture (I think it was rainbow dash with sunglasses. B) ) and I said, "-insert name here- go back a few pictures, was that just a my little pony?" and he gets all embarrassed and eventually says "yeah.", and I would have been fine with it, but one of my other friends was there too, and after he said he watched my little pony he went "oh okay, bro brony." and kept saying stuff like "what's up, my brony?" (basically replacing the word "bro" with "brony.") and I had to wait until later to tell the friend who watched it that I was allright with him watching it, he then told me one of his friends who I sometimes talk to also likes it. 

anyways, over the summer I decided to go on a brony roleplaying game (at about 3 AM, so no no one could watch me) to see if the community really sucked. And, it didn't. after that I watched all the animated "doctor whooves and assistant" episodes, and that's when I decided I should watch episode 1 again, but since I was watching the videos on my 3DS, I couldn't watch my little pony on it, I mean, I had netflix, but I couldn't switch from the main user over to the kid's user that literally no one used, to stop anyone from knowing I watch it.

so later, right before school started I was on my mom's iPad and I decided to try watching episode 1 again but actually WATCH it this time. so, I did, and I liked it, but I didn't dare tell anyone, and since the only computer I had was the one right next to the living room where anyone can use it or even just walk in and see what you're doing.

So, finally, time for the story of how I (kind of) got caught watching my little pony. One time I was watching the episode "owl's well it ends well" in my room on my mom's Ipad with the volume as quiet as possible (I had to lean closer to even hear fluttershy.  ;) ) when my older sister walked in and said "Alex, are you watching my little pony?" luckily, when I heard the doorknob start to turn I exited the episode and by the time she had walked in I was in the profile select part of netflix. I told her no, and while I franticly tried to 1. DON'T PANIC 2. change from my little pony to something more manly, such as doctor who or a movie. 3. not let her see the screen, and 4. don't look suspicious. So, while I tried doing that, I told her "No, I'm not." and she said. "really? because only two people can use netflix at a time and it says that the iPad is watching my little pony." by now I had already logged into my own netflix and pressed the first thing I saw on the "recently watched" section. "Really? Let me see." I said, trying not to be suspicious. she told me she would once I showed her what I was watching. luckily, by then I had put hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and paused it about halfway through. I showed her and she seemed to believe me, so she showed me her laptop and it said

"my little pony: friendship is magic"-              iPad           (V) more info

I pressed play on the movie I had on and she refreshed the page and it still said my little pony, and I was thinking "yes, this is working!" when she said in a sarcastic voice "Hmm, I guess you're right.oh well, you know what they say, 'Owl's well it ends well', right"? I tried to act like I didn't know what she was talking about.

I know this is already a massive wall of text, but I have 2 more quick stories.

a few weeks later, at the Halloween dance, none of my friends showed up. but someone who I was kind of friends with in grade 6, and kind of talked to in grade 7 recognised my costume ( I was the 10th doctor) and we started talking and became friends. about another week later, I was telling them about how I really messed up something in gym class, I was telling her about it and I said. "I mean, I just don't know what went wrong." and then she started talking about how she liked mlp too, but whenever we talk about it I always talk quietly because I don't want anyone to hear.

I have to go to bed right now, so I'll post the other story tomorrow.

• Brohoof 2

I have had some close calls but my parents never catch me. I am too afraid of watching it on Hulu in fear of being scene and lectured so I say I'm going to take a nap (because that's what most teenage guys do) and watch it on my phone with earbuds in.

I know I said I would post this yesterday, but anyway.

about a week after Halloween, my grandparents visited and bought us all stuff, mostly candy, but they got my little sister a my little pony equestria girls book. My little sister pretended to like it, and after they left a few hours later, we all started laughing (but the reason I was laughing was because they bought  the 9/10 (i forget the exact day this was, but it was sometime around her birthday so I don't remember how old she was.) year old girl a my little pony book, but not only does she not like my little pony, her older brother does. (although, the book did seem like it was more "for little girls" than the show, so I'm not sure if it would actually be like the show or not, but who knows.  :derp:

I know I said one other story, but I forgot one, and something also happened yesterday at school also related to this.

anyways, the one I forgot was, around November or December, I was talking with the "friend's friend who I sometimes talk to"  from one of the other stories who also watches mlp, anyways, I was talking to him about something, it might have been something that didn't make sense in a video game, and I said "I know, it's just complete chaos, in fact, you could call it... 'discord' ba dum tss!", and he said "yeah, I don't watch that show anymore." so I pretended to be annoyed because "I went on Wikipedia just to reference that show because I thought you watched it. ugh.  :okiedokielokie: ".

and finally, the thing that happened yesterday.

I was with one of my friends while I was waiting for my bus to go home, and I was talking about people with the same name as me, and I said "I mean, that's my name, and I'm about 20% cooler than you anyway." and then he said "it needs to be about 20% cooler." so... he might watch the show? I don't know.  :derp:

Oh yeah I forgot one. It was ninth grade year and me and my friend are in the computer lab and we're talking about age of empires II and how I have it on my flash drive, my friend (different friend from previous story) wants to transport it over to his flashdrive. little have i forgotten for whatever reason I had hid a rainbow dash picture in one of the folders of the game files and it was titled "gg" 

im on the other computer doing my thing while my friend is doing his and he suddenly asks me "whats this? the title is gg" and he laughs about it cuz "gg = good game" obviously, and since he knows that I downloaded the game from a obscure site (I LOST THE CD TWICE dont hate) and I played dumb and said "I dunno the dude prolly left it on there" and told him about how there was also a custom soundtrack (which was true, instead of the original soundtrack it played some random songs like Centerfold by J Geils)

I don't know if he believed me or what. 

I also don't know if one of my other friends is a brony. I remember him talking about how his brother watched every episode of mlp "just cuz", he'd sometimes just say "poh-poh-poh-ponies" and he once sent to me over facebook this vid:

I'm not a closet brony, but I'd rather not have my family walk in on me watching the show, as they're not very accepting of it. Unfortunately, my father always walks in on the last five minutes of the new episodes on Saturday and I can feel his silent judgement piercing my soul.

Worst incident was when he walked in while I was watching "Suited For Success" on Netflix. It was a disaster of masculine dignity.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not officially a closet brony, but I'm in the doorway. My sisters really like it and so do a few of my friends, but we don't talk about it much. (As of late, my friends have been more into Doctor Who. That's not bad considering I'm into it too.)

My parents thought I was just being my regular stupid silly self (got myself a reputation, a-heh heh...) when I asked to watch it on Netflix two years ago. My sisters got into it then, and that really annoyed me, but I found that their interest actually benefits me. I'll explain more about that later.

I guess I'm retreating into the closet, along with my friend, who I accidentally got into the show using deviantART. XD She's an official closet brony and I'm starting to be one. I haven't asked for any MLP merchandise, and I do all my pony stuff on my laptop in my room so no one can tell. I'm homeschooled, so I have my school stuff in a different browser window, and whenever someone walks in on me, I just click on the other window. Maybe my parents will forget.

See, the beauty of having younger siblings interested in the show is that when new seasons come onto Netflix, I can causally sit in the dining room in full view of the television as they watch!  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Considering both my desktop and laptop have MLP backgrounds, people 'catch' me all the time. All my friends know I'm a brony and while they give me all kinds of shit for it it's all in good fun.

Not really. I told my friends and they don't seem to mind. They still enjoy shows like SpongeBob and ChuckleVision, and don't mind talking about it. But I don't want all of my school to know, because I'll be made fun of for it. It makes me more of an easier target than I already am.

Edited by SomeRetroGeek

Desktop is ponified. Ipad has discord background (no one knows who he is). I hide away in my room when watching mlp. Change things when appropriate. Hide screen when necessary. So I haven't been caught (except for one friend seeing mlp pics on my Ipad, but he was cool with it).