Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike really keeps to himself alot

FlareGun45

You know what I found out recently? Nothing ever seems to bother Spike. He never met his parents? Doesn't seem to care. He doesn't know how he came to pony kind? Doesn't care. Spikeabuse? Doesn't seem to care. Doesn't interact with others much? Doesn't care. Crushing on the girl who doesn't feel the same? Doesn't care. Really, nothing ever seems to bother him. Sure there are a few unique times when he does, like when he thought he was being replaced, but only because he wants to be the one to help his friends. He just doesn't seem to care about his own well-being. Or if he does, he does a really good job at hiding it! He just likes helping his friends out with problems, and that's it. I find it weird, yet I envy him for it. I want whatever water he's drinking! Seriously, what's the catch with him? If you think Pinkie is the most mysterious character on the show, I find Spike to be the most mysterious. What's going on in his head? Out of the development he's receiving, I wanna know this. How is he so content with everything? There's SO MUCH of his character we have no idea about! He's not very open with his emotions.

• Brohoof 2

he kinda cares a lot about his abuse. He's seen getting angry in Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Twilight Time. When he thinks he's being replaced, in Owl's Well that Ends Well, he gets  upset and jealous.  And when he think Twilight's going to send him away, in The Crystal Empire, he's visibly shaken. he's quite open with his emotions.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Nightmare Muffin said:

he kinda cares a lot about his abuse. He's seen getting angry in Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Twilight Time. When he thinks he's being replaced, in Owl's Well that Ends Well, he gets  upset and jealous.  And when he think Twilight's going to send him away, in The Crystal Empire, he's visibly shaken. he's quite open with his emotions.

Not lately.

Well a few reasons, one, he is the only male in the group, so he may be unfamiliar with certain things. Two, he is not a pony, which makes him feel like he shouldn't get involved with certain things. He also is fine with it all. In fact, he loves working with Twilight. He may feel a bit left out sometimes, being the only dragon in Ponyville, or anywhere near. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Foxy Socks said:

Well a few reasons, one, he is the only male in the group, so he may be unfamiliar with certain things. Two, he is not a pony, which makes him feel like he shouldn't get involved with certain things. He also is fine with it all. In fact, he loves working with Twilight. He may feel a bit left out sometimes, being the only dragon in Ponyville, or anywhere near. 

You're quite right, Foxy. 

As for my opinion: He's a character I actually don't mind being mysterious, along with Zecora.

• Brohoof 1

Some good thoughts up above. 

It helps me understand him a little better now that we know he has a social group outside of the Mane 6. Thorax, Ember, Discord, and Big Mac are all friends. I assume he chills more often with Big Mac due to proximity. The others have responsibilities and/or live away from ... 

Wait.

Spike is screwed if Big Mac ever relocates! 

sad_spike__please_read_description__by_x

42 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Some good thoughts up above. 

It helps me understand him a little better now that we know he has a social group outside of the Mane 6. Thorax, Ember, Discord, and Big Mac are all friends. I assume he chills more often with Big Mac due to proximity. The others have responsibilities and/or live away from ... 

Wait.

sad_spike__please_read_description__by_x

You made yourself quite a perspective there! I guess he's really quiet about how he feels mainly because no one bothered asking! I mean he can relate to quite a few characters. I mean he and Big Mac hang out mainly because they don't fit in with anypony else, and that's why they felt pity for Discord which is why he joined along; and Thorax and Spike get along since Thorax felt like an outsider much like Spike is; and Ember's a good dragon just like him. Not many understand him, which I guess is why he's not very close with the Mane Six. Spike's got a pretty deep story, and if only the writers could see it!

14 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Not lately.

That's not entirely true. He was pretty miffed in "P.P.O.V" over getting the quill constantly shoved in his face every time Twilight wanted him to take another note:

SpikeUpset.jpg.3d3bd447582b89222241ac6496eab14c.jpg

This went on for the entire episode, indirectly causing him to be so frustrated he blew up at AJ, Rarity, and Pinkie in a rare display of anger when they failed to explain how they got back to shore for the umpteenth time:

SpikeBlowsUp.jpg.53ea0b972636a4f040541fc49a6e01ac.jpg

That mood carried until the end when he was only made happy after Twilight removed the quill and parchment from his claws and gave him some ice cream.

It's true he's been unfazed this season, but he's only had major screen time in the first few episodes, then a drought until the Rarijack episode yesterday. We'll have to see if his cool demeanor continues. (Though by the sound of it probably not in his first focus episode, lol!)

13 hours ago, Jeric said:

I don't know, I think what will save him is he's really sociable. While Twilight ignored her friends in Canterlot, he was there thinking about Moondancer. He seems pretty close to most of the ponies around town although the show has severely limited his interactions with them:

SpikeTheCharmer.png.e9646d26243993ca295ec4b861f42413.png

I'm sure he'd find another pony to confide in if there was something bothering him that he didn't feel comfortable telling Twilight. (Like Starlight) It's too bad he never really got along with Snails because when it comes to male friends he's probably the closest one in age to him in town.

If Big Mac ever moved away (to live with Sugar Belle for example) he'd probably find another pony to do his Guy's Night with, and Discord not going anywhere anytime soon so there's that, too. If he did need a new O&O partner for Guy's Night, however, might I make a suggestion:

TrufflesFezHuh.png.a87476dbedbae534ef597cb3f42a7018.png

:orly:

• Brohoof 1