Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Mental State...

Kings&Hooves14

Am I the only one concerned about Twilight's mental health? :blink: 

She seems to have become obsessed with friendship to an unsettling level. Her friends have other interests and hobbies, but Twilight never stops talking about friendship!

I know she's the Princess of Friendship and all, but JEEZ. 

It isn't healthy for a person's life to revolve around one thing.

I think that the show needs an episode where Twi's relationship with her friends is really tested--an issue more serious than those we've seen so far--if only to remind her that life isn't all butterflies and rainbows.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight has plenty of interests. She loves helping other ponies, studying, organizing, and of course her friends. Besides, I don't see the problems with friendship. She seem quite fine to me. She may sound a bit weird, but mostly because she loves organization.

(edited)

I don't know...maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

It just seems as if Twilight thinks of nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

Another Tirek-esq episode where twilight cant get help from her friends and just has to fight the villain headstrong would be good

That isn't quite what I was thinking. I meant an internal conflict, one where of the Main Six does something that pushes their friendship to the breaking point.

I don't want to sound as if I want these characters to suffer, it's just that I find Twilight hard to connect with anymore. Nobody is that perfect.

Come on, Twi! Get angry! Do something hurtful! Act like a freakin' human--uh, pony--being for a minute.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Kings&Hooves14 said:

That isn't quite what I was thinking. I meant an internal conflict, one where of the Main Six does something that pushes their friendship to the breaking point.

Well guess that's what I heard :twi:

How ever this still does sound like a good concept after all the truest friendships are forged in the hottest of fires but who said the fire had to come from an outside source

(Note: Remember the episode where twi literally went crazy because she couldn't write a letter to celestia because she didn't solve any friendship problems she obsessive in general)

(edited)

I think if anything she doesn't have any more problems other than regular daily stress.  When we first saw her she was so involved in only herself and reading books.  Now she has opened up and has friends and even became the princess of friendship.  If you ask me, it sounds like she's doing pretty good :P

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Kings&Hooves14 said:

Nobody is that perfect.

Well, she is certainly not perfect. She has made some mistakes since becoming an Alicorn. Currently, her indecisiveness and errors with guiding Starlight have been a problem, but she had shown some lapses in judgement in other areas. 

Funny enough, those episodes in Season 5-7 that have her flaws pop up tend to invite a lot of criticism about her. I'm pulling a Lincoln! 

12 minutes ago, shy0wl said:

I think if anything she doesn't have any more problems.  When we first saw her she was so involved in only herself and reading books.  Now she has opened up and has friends and even became the princess of friendship.  If you ask me, it sounds like she's doing pretty good :P

She is indeed doing pretty good. She still stresses about the small things thus making them seem daunting, but that Pone has a clear head on her shoulders (or whatever equine body part that is)

• Brohoof 1

I'm just worried that she's becoming a bit "Mary-Sueish." She's kind of lost her edge.

Admittedly, I haven't seen all of the season 7 episodes that have been released so far, so perhaps it's unfair of me to judge.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is the element of magic and a scientist she has a lot more to do than princess stuff though I would like to see her get back to doing more scientific experiments and spells, if you're talking about twilight having a problem then I would say her obsession with friendship is that problem it kind of reminds me of when she went crazy over letters to princess Celestia she seems to have issues with things not being perfect that's her flaw