Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trailer 2 is coming soon

TheGOAT

I hope you're right, other sources I've checked said July is the day the trailer comes out because July is convention season and friendship day also lands in July, but my fear being is that they are going to play the trailer during the emoji movie and I don't want to see that movie but if the trailer lands there I'll probably have to see it.

1 hour ago, Glencoco said:

I hope you're right, other sources I've checked said July is the day the trailer comes out because July is convention season and friendship day also lands in July, but my fear being is that they are going to play the trailer during the emoji movie and I don't want to see that movie but if the trailer lands there I'll probably have to see it.

If that were true there would have been no teaser by now.

Also you can see it online. You don't need to go to the theaters to see it.

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

If that were true there would have been no teaser by now.

Also you can see it online. You don't need to go to the theaters to see it.

Actually the first trailer was an announcement trailer, to get people to know the movie is coming, we would probably get a full trailer soon not a teaser, plus have you seen the announcement trailer in theaters, it's not worth watching on your phone.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Glencoco said:

Tragically, Twitter user Chevistian C has said this may be the case. We can only pray she's as wrong about this as she was when she said Little Strongheart would be returning in "Buckball Season".

Edited by Zeek

I think that's a good time to finally show a trailer. They already shown a teaser, but they should start advertising the shit out of it by next month at the latest. Seriously, the movie is practically a mere 4 months away yo :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

You know if hasbro is smart enough they would put the trailer during transformers because even though it's not popular amongst critics it still makes bank, the last one made billions that means a lot of people saw the movie, so if they put the trailer during transformers that means a lot of people will see the trailer.

7 hours ago, Glencoco said:

You know if hasbro is smart enough they would put the trailer during transformers because even though it's not popular amongst critics it still makes bank, the last one made billions that means a lot of people saw the movie, so if they put the trailer during transformers that means a lot of people will see the trailer.

They can put it in front of any movie they want. Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, you name it.

8 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

They can put it in front of any movie they want. Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, you name it.

False. That isn't how it works at all. There is a thing called NATO and the Quadrant System which is still part of Exhibitors/Distributor/Studio trailer selection. 

First, the studio has automatic say on two slots. After that the Exhibitors (particularly the execs who run Exhibitor Relations) decide on the remaining slots with exhibition getting a lot of say. This is where the Quadrant System comes into play. It's demographic focused, and separated into four categories. 

Anyway. It's a negotiation between Studio/Distributor/Exhibitor. Back in the day, when films came in metal cans of 5-8 reels that required build-up on a platter/tree system -- a film would include a document and two trailers separate from the film. The document would state what trailers would be 'attached' and were ones included in the cans. 

It would offer 'suggestions' for others. Cinema chains would have their own list of what trailers to include during build up (trailers were received daily by UPS or FedEx with one-sheets, mylars, buttons, and other promotional materials). In some cases there was no direction on trailer assignment. The Manager would then make a call and advise the projectionist what to include on build-up. 

Digital distribution changed the build-part, but did not remove the Exhibitor call on what trailers to include, though NATO (National Association of Theater Owners) now gives the Distributor and Studio say in the remaining four trailers, but not control. 

The films you mentioned are likely candidates for Exhibitor choice, but Lionsgate or Hasbo can only use an attachment slot on their product. 

• Brohoof 2

Well I saw Captain Underpants and they did show the Mlp trailer but it was the same one that's online, I still think we will get a trailer during Transformers because they are both from Hasbro 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:02 AM, cmarston1 said:

I have a feeling that it is going to be placed in front of Cars 3, like how the teaser was put in front of Smurfs the Lost Village.

Because a 3rd Cars movie is EXACTLY what we were clamoring for :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Hey, right age demo though.

Plus they are both movie long toy commercials, so it would make sense for a trailer for the MLP movie to be in front of Cars 3.

It took about 78 days for Ferdinand to get another trailer, and 84 days for Coco. So if it's going to be the same for My Little Pony at the current maximum of 84, we should expect another trailer by the time Despicable Me 3 is about to be released in theaters, which is by the end of this month.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

It took about 78 days for Ferdinand to get another trailer, and 84 days for Coco. So if it's going to be the same for My Little Pony at the current maximum of 84, we should expect another trailer by the time Despicable Me 3 is about to be released in theaters, which is by the end of this month.

If so great choice because DM3 is a lock for a billion dollars worldwide.