Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

OOC(https://mlpforums.com/topic/166347-a-bats-shadow-ooc-1x1-rp-w-maple-bat/#comment-4895837)

Shadow was walking through the canyon, looking for something worth his time. A pony said a rumor that something was in this canyon, but so far he hasn't found a thing. He lifted up his cane to look at the design on it, then he used his wing to make a portal to get his hat to keep the sun from beating down on his head. He might be part dragon, but that doesn't mean that he feels good with the heat

• Brohoof 1

Maple was on her way to an unmarked canyon in equestria princess Luna had tasked her with eliminating a disturbance that was present there.

"It's concerning to us as it could be a villain building up power waiting for the right moment to strike." She had told her. Before she left she had grabbed some of her things, Her bow, bag, armor and her black cloak she also stopped by her parents house to tell them where she was going. And her mother ,Fluttershy, Had packed her a small bag of food she could eat in case the mission lasted longer then they expected.

I hate doing these missions she thought I'm quite a way from ponyville if I was to lose the upcoming battle with whatever this disturbance is then they wouldn't know until weeks later

Once she arrived at the canyon she found a small open hole in the side of the walls and made sure it was empty when she knew it was she positioned herself to be able to have the best possible overview of the canyon, bow at her side, she waited for someone to show themselves.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow decided that it would be quicker if he flew through the canyon. He stretched out his wings and took off into the sky. He held onto his cane with both claws and looked at the land beneath him. When he noticed something shining in the sun, he closed his wings and dropped to the ground. He bent down on his knees and picked it up. It was a small box with what seemed to be a name on it. He tossed it into his cloak and leaned against a rock to rest.

• Brohoof 1

Maple saw a movement a ways away she only caught a glimpse of who it was.

Was that a dragon! She began to panic a bit If thats a full grown dragon there's no way I can win... Perhaps if I can get the first hit and make that shot count...

She went over to where she last saw them quietly and carefully she aimed her bow at the dragon, placed an arrow on the sting and drew it back. She held her breath while she aimed and released the arrow which went tomorrows the as she could now see Black scaled dragon but Maple missed the arrow clanged against a rock next the dragon and Maple quickly turned and ran for cover.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow was about to doze off when he heard the arrow hit the rock he was leaning against. He jumped up to his hooves and said as he gripped his cane as a weapon, "Who's out there, come on out." He looked across the top of the cliffs to see if could see anypony up there, then he started to walk in the direction the arrow came from

• Brohoof 1

Maple had found a small opening not far from where she shot at and hid there.

Should be safe for now gonna have to wait a bit for them to forget I'm here She Thought Hope it doesn't just spew fire all down the canyon. I dont think it will it was a smaller dragon thank celestia for that I'll just lie in wait and hope for the best.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow walked for a few feet and sighed, they probably went into hiding or it was a rogue arrow. He spread out one of his wings to make a portal and grabbed a bottle made of scales. He took a few gulps and sat down. He sighed again, this time, releasing thick fogs that rolled down him and over the ground.

• Brohoof 1

After a few minutes of waiting Maple began to wonder where is he... Normally they knew where the arrow came from and followed that

After a few more minutes Maple decided to step out to see if it was safe only to find fog near where she shot at

Is that smoke or fog? I think it's fog She then stepped where the edge of the fog was the grounds not hot so it's fog she walked into it where did they go?

• Brohoof 1

Shadow looked to see a pony in the distance. He got up and said as he briskly walked towards her on four legs, "Excuse me, but are you the one that tried to shoot me with an arrow?" A claw made of her shadow rose up behind her in case she tried to run away. 

• Brohoof 1

Maple was startled by the sudden voice she heard. She turned to look at who spoke to her and saw it was the dragon.

She lept backwards away from them and quickly notched an arrow and drew the string back.

"I was sent here to take out someone who was causing a disturbance in equestria." She shouted Defensively as she assessed the situation.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow walked closer and said jokingly, "A disturbance? I've would've heard something about it, are you sure it's not Discord, I heard that he's known for them. Judging from the bow, I'm sure that answered my question."

• Brohoof 1

She let the tension in the bow-string lessen as this dragon seemed friendly enough "No my father wouldn't do that anymore, and if it was him I could sense it too, We don't know what it is or who's doing it, I think Luna mentioned something about portals?"

Her bowstring wasn't drawn anymore "sorry about shooting at you earlier I just tend to panic around dragons as most of them aren't as friendly as you seem to be."

• Brohoof 1

Shadow said as he stood on his hind legs, "Didn't know your dad was Discord, and Luna huh. Met them a while ago for one of my jobs. I kinda threaten them, but it's water under the bridge." He scratched his chin and said, "Portals huh, I think she means this." He walked over to some shade, opened a portal, placed his cane back in, and pulled out a scythe. He swung it down hard so that it embedded itself into the ground.

• Brohoof 1

"Yea Fluttershy is my mother as you could probably tell by the yellow coat." She said "As for LunaI'm a captain of her guard which is why I'm out here."

When Maple saw him pull she scythe out of the portal she got ready to start flying. When he swung it into the ground she went back to standing normally.

"Oh, I thought you gonna take my head off. But just so you know Luna meant portals that armies could go through so I don't think its you." She told him. "Anyways the names Maple, Maple Bat, and you are?"

• Brohoof 1

Shadow said as he bowed, "Shadow Beast, It's a pleasure to meet you, Maple." He shrugged and added, "I guess I can why luna is nervous, I just make the portals as big as I need them, sure it takes a lot out of me, but I could." He sat down against the wall and took a few gulps of his drink.

• Brohoof 1

"Perhaps It's something or well more likely someone else." Maple said "Apparently It could tip the balance of power as she put it... You haven't been moving armies thought your portals have you?"

It's probably him so how am I supposed to categorize this a win cause he's nice or a loss because he's alive she pondered to herself But still there's the slim chance there's something else causing it.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow said as he put the drink in his coat, "I had to drag a whole group of ponies through, so I guess that counts." He stood up and added, "Why don't we continue this somewhere else, I can go for a cold drink. He opened a portal that looked like it led to an alley.

• Brohoof 1

"I suppose I'll head with you." She said putting her bow in her bag and pulled an apple out of "I'm ok though I can drink this."

I guess Ladies first she thought as she walked through the portal he opened she felt a bit sick for a few seconds and waited for him to come through after her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Shadow stepped into the portal and took a deep breath of the cold bitter air, well, to him it was colder than the canyon's air. He said as he walked into the street, "Follow me, I know a great place." He walked through the town as he greeted some of the ponies. When he walked into the pub a pony grabbed a glass from behind him, filled it with ice and tossed it at Shadow, he caught the glass and filled it with green liquid from his bottle as he sat down.

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

"So i'm guessing your around here a lot" She presumed "Usually I'm not welcome anywhere given my..."

She thought of a good way to put it "Unusual characteristics." She said referring to her Vampire fruit bat traits She was offer a drink but declined it instead started "Drinking" an apple with her fangs. "Oh sorry probably should have asked if that was ok first" She said after Drinking a good bit of the apple.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow placed his hat on the table, lifted up his ears, and said before taking a gulp, "It's fine, most of the town is used to unusual stuff. I come here to get away from the big crowds, princesses, and their guards." He placed his glass on the table and said as he interlaced his claws together, "So, what is it you want to know exactly, and I'll try to figure out about your mission."

• Brohoof 1

"I just need to make sure there's no threat left in that canyon." She told him "I bet if I ask luna if the threat moved she'd say it's still there. I would prefer you come with me so I can give luna a threat report saying your no threat to the kingdom."

Well I mean he could be but it's worth trying to help him out she thought

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Shadow said as he reached into a portal, "Sure, I'll come. I have to check on a guard I pay for info." He kept a straight face but was laughing on the inside. He pulled out a small bag completely filled with bits. Tentacles of shadows grabbed random bottles from behind the bar and placed them on the table. He threw them into a bag and said as he placed the bag on the table, "So, where do you want to meet Luna? The royal courtroom. her bedroom, or the garden."

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

"Hmm... It's still daylight I believe if it is It'll be in her bedroom if not there then the courtroom." Maple told him "I'm guessing your going to open another portal?"

Maple was amazed at what she just saw. Tentacles of shadow that look like magic... "Wait was that you! Because if it was then I have no doubt that your the disturbance I was sent to find."

• Brohoof 1

Shadow said as he opened a portal to Luna's bedroom, "I can control anyone's shadow, it helps with keeping me safe from harm." He turned around and added, "Don't think you want to freak out here, Maple. So are you coming?" He stepped through the portal and leaned against the bedroom wall

• Brohoof 1