Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Shadow poured himself a glass and said as he picked up the watch, "From what I read, there's many ways, magic, just words, spiral, and a pendulum. I'll be doing the pendulum way. You just have to watch the watch as it swings back and forth and listen to my voice. I'll get started once you're ready. Also, it's better to sit for it

Celestia moved a chair over by her sister "I'm ready when you are Shadow."

Luna nodded agreement. "We too are ready to see if this works let us get this show on the road."

Maple stepped away from Shadow not wanting to see if he could actually do it.

Shadow took a gulp of his drink and said as he picked up the watch and started swinging it, "Alright, get comfortable and start following the watch. As the watch swings back and forth, you feel drawn to it and each time it swings you feel more and more relaxed."

The 2 princess started to follow the watch. Shadow was correct for the most part the two where more and more drawn to it. They where still having a hard time getting to the point of relaxing.

Maple took a step over "I don't think it's working." She whispered "You sure you're doing it correctly?"

Shadow tilted his claw side to side to say maybe. He thought about it and said, "As you focus on the watch, noticed how it move as you breathe slowly and you may notice that your eyelids start to feel heavy as you relax." He grabbed his glass and took a gulp to keep himself calm.

The two princess, Eventually fell asleep. 

Maple jumped when they actually fell asleep. "Well would you look at that." She said amazed. "It actually worked... What do you intend to do now? Just let them rest or tell them to take the rest of the day off?"

Shadow placed the watch down and said to Maple quietly, "Pretty much just let them relax and rest." He checked the watch and added, "A few hours unless you have a suggestion." He looked at the princesses with wonder, sure it took longer than the book mention, but he's new to this.

Maple shook her head, disappointed "I don't think I have any suggestions." She whispered , noticing the look on his face. "Something tells me that you didn't think this far ahead." She restrained her laughter not wanting to wake the princesses. "Anyways we should probably move these two to there rooms and let them sleep a while they need it."

(edited)

Shadow got up and said as he gave them instructions and walked over to Celestia, "You're going to wake up in 3 hours feeling refreshed, relax, and ready for the days to come. When I say sleep, you'll come back to this trance-like state." He picked Celestia up and said, "Um, do you know where her bedroom is?"

Edited by reader8363

Maple had to remember the castle layout. "I believe it's behind the throne room. You'll have to go through it to get there, just tell the guards I sent you with her. It'll make it believable." She picked up Luna carefully with her magic doing her best not to wake her.

Shadow nodded and walked out of the room. He walked through the halls as guards watched him. He decided to take a shortcut and step through a portal that was connected to the side of the throne. He stepped out to see guards watching him. He said as he headed to the door, "Maple sent me with her." They didn't say a thing, but they ignored him as he opened the door. He stepped in and looked around, then he tucked her into bed and left through a portal and ended up in Luna's room. He sat down and just laughed quietly about what happened, he just hypnotized the princesses.

Maple had just tucked Luna in when Shadow came in. She smiled at him. "I know..." She whispered. "I didn't expect that to work either. They finally get a break. I'll go handle 'Tia's schedule so she won't have to worry about it." She had the scroll under her wing. She unrolled it and she still had a lot left, a light came into her eye's she pulled the scroll apart it created 2 lists none of the things on one where on the other. She handed Shadow one of them. "You do those and I'll do these. Should make it take a lot shorter." Maple walked off to start doing somethings on the list.

Shadow took the other half and started what was on the list. As he was doing it. A pony's words that he heard long ago, but was scared to try it rang through his head, if he could control a shadow inside something like a shirt or dress, what about a body? Once he was done, he sat down in the garden, opened a portal to get his wine, and took a gulp of it.

It took Maple a Good 3 hours to do her half of this list, some of the things still on there. She was really tired. "Alright 'Tia I'll give you some credit. Managing all of Equestria's problems isn't the easiest thing in the world." She said to herself. After another 20 minutes Maple finished the rest of the things on the list and was ready to go home she went to find shadow first to make sure he was ready to leave as well.

Shadow watched the clouds as they passed overhead, He stretched out his wings and bathed in the sun. After finishing the wine, He placed it next to him, rolled over onto his stomach, placed his claws under his head, and took a nap 

Maple saw Shadow laying in the garden and she thought Looks like he's got the right Idea She laid down near him on her back. She didn't realize it until now but the sun's warmth on her belly felt rather nice like a warm blanket She thought falling asleep.

Shadow woke up from the wind blowing across his wings. They snapped closed against his body waking him up. He looked at the watch to see that it was 5ish. He said as he nudged Maple to wake her up, "Maple, let's get to my house."

Maple woke rather quickly when shadow nudged her, She slept lightly. "Alright." She said rubbing her eyes "I have a new respect for 'Tia now. But I'm not gonna say her full name just yet." She smiled and opened a portal for shadow and herself. She walked through it happily.

Shadow was about to follow through, but he stopped to think about the wind that woke him up, there wasn't any. He wrapped himself in his wings and stepped through. Once he's through, he was about to ask something of Maple, but he decided against it, thinking it might be too dangerous to try if it works.

Maple went and laid in Shadow's guest bed, Which had basically become hers over the past few weeks. She couldn't believe how busy 'Tia was every day. How ever if She wanted her respect she'd have to risk her life like Maple did every time there was a combat situation.

Shadow walked into his room and the watch on his nightstand. Then he plopped on his bed and stared up at the ceiling where he scratched at. Then he started carving into the ceiling of what happened since last time he did it.

Maple had heard a lot of scratching in Shadow's room. She wanted to investigate it. Knocking on the door she said "Hey what's all the noise you're making. Are you ok?" She wasn't sure what the noise was and got a bit nervous.

Shadow heard Maple and didn't reply. Then he finished off and said as he sat up, "yeah, I'm fine. Just writing." He didn't mention that he was writing in a way only he could figure out. Then he added, is there anything you would like?"

Maple Looked at what he was writing and shook her head. "That's all I needed to know. It was audible from your guest room. Just gonna get something to drink now. Care for something as well?" Despite how tired she was. She didn't care too much about sleeping the time for that would come to pass.

Shadow said as he swung his leg over the edge of his bed, "Sure, could you get me the bottle in the back of the cupboard." He looked at his hooves, still think about what the pony said about his shadow.