Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Maple didn't see from where she was what Shadow was doing so she moved a bit closer so she could see but she wasn't paying attention and ran into fluttershy and she dropped all the food she was carrying thankfully discord used his magic to catch it all before it all fell then maple gathered it all and handed it back to fluttershy "Hey what's shadow doing over there" Maple asked her

"oh he's helping me with the animals right now I asked him if he wanted to and he did so I let him help me" Fluttershy told her "by the way next time you may want to do some sort of threat assessment before you shoot at someone... I mean if you can I don't really know how that whole thing works."

"I'll do my best on that but you remember what happened last time I didn't attack a Dragon." Maple said back

Once Shadow finished with the last injured animal, he stood up, stretched out his back and said, "I'm done with the animals." He turned to Maple and said as he brushed his knees off, "Hey Maple, how was your talk with Discord?" He opened a small portal and placed the first aid kit inside it.

"oh that was fast." Fluttershy said to Shadow as she began to feed all the animals in her cottage

"It was interesting to say the least." Maple said "Nice of you to help out around here. Animals have been getting hurt more often recently me and fluttershy have been searching for the cause for sometime now but nothings come up."

"Maybe they all just want to come see you amazing mother, Maple" Discord joked.

"Actually that might be it!" Maple said laughing "Shadow. Do you have any friends of sorts or do you usually avoid doing that?"

Shadow thought about the reasoning behind them getting hurt, then when Maple asked if he had any friend, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and said, "Not really, just some acquaintances that I see once in a while."

"well even so you're always wecome here mr. shadow" Fluttershy said "the animals are always gonna need help its just there's more hurt animals the normal."

Well its better than nothing Maple thought and then said to Shadow "Do you want to go somewhere? Because it seems you've just kinda followed me so far if not that's cool too."

Shadow bowed his head a little and said, "Thank you for the offer, Fluttershy." He turned to Maple and said, "It's fine, if I had my pick, it would be at my home. I mostly spend my time there, when I'm not working."

"Well I'm interested to see where you live" Maple said to him "Only if your ok with that though after all I don't really want to intrude."

Maybe if we head there then I could see what he might be doing that's causing the Disrb- Her thoughts where interrupted when a scroll hit Maple in the head. It was addressed to Maple from Luna. She opened and read it. "Well according to Luna the disturbance moved into the everfree forest which is a ways from here." She announced "That means it wasn't Shadow rather something that sorta followed him." as she finished that statement she had donned her armor and picked up her bow both of which she had left by the door "I'll be back soon Shadow are you coming with me?"

Shadow nodded and said, "I'll come with you and afterward we can go to my home, I need to check on my house." He turned to Fluttershy and Discord and said, "It was nice meeting you two. "He stepped out the front door and took a few deep breaths. He opened a portal and brought out a giant sword, He lifted it up onto his shoulder and started heading towards the forest.

Maple spotted movement as she flew near the edge of the forest, she saw Shadow? she then turned around and saw shadow catching up with her. No way a changeling that would explain a ton actually however I thought all of them reformed well almost all of them now I guess She quickly took aim and fired off an arrow missing her mark barely She quickly landed and ran into the forest gesturing for Shadow to follow.

(edited)

Shadow something ahead, then when Maple gestured for him to follow he nodded, dropped the sword into a portal, switched to a lighter sword, and took off after Maple, and whoever she was chasing. He smiled, it's been awhile since there's been a good chase.

Edited by reader8363

Maple was running after the assumed changeling she realized this could be bait into a trap but how would this changeling know that she was going to be out here. She had managed to fire off several more shots at the unknown pony but she got worn out of doing that over and over she knew she had hit them as their was some blood stains she ran by but apparently not enough to slow them down. She wanted to be sure that Shadow was with her but if she turned around she risking hitting a tree or losing the unknown pony.

Shadow watched as Maple took shots at the unknown creature and opened a portal slightly in front of bit off to the side, He ran through it and ended up behind her. He said, "So who or what do you thinking we're chasing?"

"Changeling... I think... They looked a lot like you." She said panting "Hey can put my armor somewhere safe with your portals? Its not designed for us to run so much in but its strong."

As she finished speaking she began to unfasten the armor knowing that if he couldn't she could find it afterwards or have another set made for her anyways.

Shadow nodded and said as he opened a slim portal on his arm, "Sure, just handed to me and I'll put it with my weapons so it doesn't get lost. He was a bit curious that the creature bled. if it took the form of him, it would cause a disturbance, but the scales would block the arrows unless Maple hit under the scales.

After Maple finished unfastening her armor she handed it to him. "Thanks. Much easier to breathe now. You probably saw it bleeding huh... I managed to hit them, looked like a bad hit however so they aren't you it's either a changeling or something that looks like you, remember if it's a changeling it only looks like you it's not you."

Without her armor on Maple was moving much faster She began to fly and catch up with the Mysterious pony.

Shadow took the armor and said as he tossed it into the portal, "If it's a changeling, then we should catch it before it changes again." He leaped forward and opened his wings and fly into the air to find the creature easier.

"Use a portal to get ahead of him and cut him off!" Maple shouted and then she whispered "don't actually" she then turned sharply and right as she did the other pony did too thinking Shadow was gonna go in front of him Maple gained a lot of ground on the creature but as she was about to catch them she got jumped by a Timber wolf

"Gah! Of course that'd happen, go ahead and catch them I'll be fine. Just make sure you find out who that is." She shouted over to shadow

"Alright ya wooden mutt, Lets dance!" She said retrieving the bow she dropped.

(edited)

Shadow watched it has it ran and when it stopped, he plummeted towards it. The creature had very little time before Shadow slammed into it. He felt his shoulder dislocate from the impact. The impact sent them tumbling down the hill until they hit a wall, it didn't help with the shoulder. He stood up and said, "Alright, who are you." When it hissed at him, Shadow swung his knuckles across its mouth and asked again

Edited by reader8363

The creature that shadow thought he had hit was actually Maple "Dude that hurt!"

A few seconds after She shouted another Maple showed up "Guess I was right it was a changeling."

The 1st Maple said to Shadow "Don't believe that Changeling I'm the real one there was a confusion when you saw me stop running to catch my breath you must have thought I was the creature."

The 2nd Maple look astonished "What seriously I was attacked by a timber wolf I didn't just stop running, Please listen to me."

Both of them look identical except one thing both had a wound in different places the first one had a wound on their flank right above her cutie mark, the second one's was across her shoulder it was a gruesome wound at that.

(edited)

Shadow remembered why he hates changelings, they make everything harder and gives him a headache. He stabbed the ground with his sword and said as he grabbed them both with their shadows, "Okay, to avoid injuring the wrong one, and to make sure the changeling stays, I'm going to ask two questions and you can only answer both once. That will before I check a tracker I placed in the one that we were chasing." He was bluffing about the tracker, but it's worth a shot.  He thought of the questions. Then he thought of them, he said, "What exactly do I breathe? and how does it feel to go through one of my portals for the first time?" From what other ponies say, he knows the answers. 

Edited by reader8363

Both of them where startled when shadow lifted their shadows after hearing the questions both of them reacted differently.

The first one said calmly "All Dragons fire breathe and Its rather disorienting at first."

The second one was panicking and said "I... I don't know I've seen you do some sort of fog magic but I've never seen you actually breath an element like fire or Ice and the portal thing when I went through one the first time I felt really sick."

Shadow let the second one go and said as he walked up to the first one, "I find that really annoying that ponies ask why I can't breathe fire when I breathe out fog, and Ponies tell me they get sick." He pulled out chains and the shadow absorbed them. After the shadows disappear, chains were in their place. He threw his sword into the portal and picked up the chained one and thought about another opinion. He said as he opened a portal to the edge of the forest, "I just need another opinion, after letting a lot of changelings get past, I learned to get a second opinion when I'm not sure at any time."

"Ok seems smart to me" The now released Maple said "Gah!" When she started to move again her injury bled badly again "That timber wolf got me good. Never seen one leave a wound like this." She quickly sat down and applied pressure to the wound to make it stop bleeding. "I'll be alright." She reassured him "Just need a minute."

Shadow placed the chain one and said as he pulled his first aid kit out and made a sling out of the arm's shadow, "I can patch it up, so it won't open for awhile, and to make sure." He looked at the wound and added, "I've seen it this bad before, It must have had a grudge on you, that or protecting young ones." He and with the help of Maple's shadow, he bandaged it up. He got up and kicked the first aid kit back into the portal, then he picked up the chained one, and placed it over his shoulder.

"Thank you. I've been here plenty of times now." She said "Didn't see any young ones I bet it was one of the offspring of a parent I killed or something." She stood up. It hurt her to walk but she'd have to get to a medical center anyways

"Yea I bet you've killed plenty of timber wolves you faker." The chained one said "After all I've been here more than you have."

"Shut up changeling you've lost this one." She said back to the other her.