Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Shadow calmly walked into the courtyard, calming guards down along the way. He was sure that she would be heading to her old hive for the changelings. He sat down, took his sword off his back, and looked at the sky as he  rest his head on the hilt

Maple saw Shadow laying on the ground and few over. She gave herself a second to breathe and walked over to him. "I know where she is now. When I got here Luna met me but... when I saw her again she didn't know what was going on. So she escaped. Guessing you already solved the problem?"

Shadow said as he looked up to Maple, "Yeah, I kinda figured as much that she would escape under your nose somehow, and the changelings will let me know if she goes back to the hive. Maybe I'll put a chain on her next so she can't get away."

Maple smiled "That's quite a relief." She thought about Shadow for a second. "You're always 3 steps ahead huh? There have been quite a few situations like this already where you've had it figured out before I could even think about a solution." She sat next to him. "I commend the effort."

Shadow shrugged and said, "Just a coincidence that I told them that Chrysalis doesn't care about them at all and made a truce that I won't attack them if they don't attack Equestria. I'm thinking about bringing this to Celestia after getting a small hold with the princesses and the changelings."

"Probably should have brought it up to me as well. They're still trying to steal love though. I think." She sighed with a bit of grief and a bit of relief. "Kinda weird isn't it to think that the mother of the changelings had no real feelings towards her kids. I can't imagine what that was like. My parents where always there for me when I needed them." She realized what she had just said. "Sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with that comment but now I'm worried I might have."

Shadow smiled and said, "It's fine. I know you didn't mean any harm by it." He got up and added as he looked at the gems in the sheath, "As long as they don't attack or kidnap, they can get food for the hive anyway they want."

Maple stood up. "Yea. That's a good point." She picked up her bow. "Guess I should thank you for that then. A lot less stress on me and the guard... Hehe Well maybe I'll keep them on alert for a little while they could use excitement for now." She laughed The gems in his sheath caught her eye but she didn't ask about them.

Shadow placed the sheath on his back and said jokingly, "Just don't keep them on their guard for too long. I might be new to being a guard, but I've been around bodyguards a lot." He felt the strap was a little worn out, but it will hold till he gets home.

"Why? I've never had to keep them up for long. Seems like you know a bit more though." Maple said wondering if he was gonna tell her or not. "Well in that case. gonna go ahead an make the guard stand down now. Thanks for handling the chrysalis situation as well."

Shadow nodded and said, "You're welcome." He looked up at the sky and decided to head home to get some sleep, then go talk to the historical pony to get some help refurbishing the sheath. He opened a portal that led to his room and dropped on his bed without taking his sword off

After getting the guard to stand down she was helping the guards train. They weren't fairing too well against her. "Strike faster. Use more resolve!" She said to them as she blocked thier strikes. "You won't get anywhere just attacking me. I'm not even trying."

Shadow woke up and got his armor on to go to the historical stallion. He opened a portal and stepped through. After asking around, he found the stallion's house and it turned out that he was the one in charge of the museum. After a few hours of talking and promising stuff. They fixed up the sheath so that it looked brand new. 

Maple had been pushing the guard farther than they where used to, once they wore out she started fighting them back. "Are you intentionaly going easy on me?" She said. "I can go a lot faster than this ya know." Perhaps they've been slacking a bit too much in training gotta step this up. She thought

Once the strap was done, Shadow thanked the stallion and was about to head to Canterlot when he got a letter. He unrolled it and read it, then he placed it in his armor and flew to the castle. He landed and heard the sound of metal clashing against each other. He headed towards the sound to see that Maple was training the guards.

There where 3 guards attacking her all at once now she was getting pushed back She knocked the guards away with the blunt end of her spear. Sweating she looked at the guards.  "Alright that's enough for today. That was a lot better especially you 3." She said pointing to the 3 in the front. "If I wasn't as careful as I was one of you would have hit me with your spear. Dismissed!" When she shouted that the guards all nodded and started leaving or finding other to talk to. She went to the cafeteria to get some water.

Shadow decided to just head there to do one last job that would almost set him for life. He opened a portal and tossed his armor and sword in, then he opened a different portal and slipped in. He looked up at the building and walked around it till he found a vent.

After her break Maple walked back to the training room and started to practice some more. She aimed her bow at the targets and started shooting. A guard came up to her and said she was needed to guard Luna's room till she had to leave. "Alright I'm on my way there then." She went to Luna's room took her position and just waited there for something to happen.

Shadow crawled through the vents until he found an opening. He dropped in and started looking through stuff, trying to find what he was supposed to be looking for. He walked through the building until he found a locked down. He knelt down and used his claw to pick the lock. Once he was in the room, he found the book that was needed to be stolen. He grabbed it, placed it under his wing, and started heading to the vent to get out.

After a long night of standing by a door while Luna walked through others dreams. "Pretty boring night." She sighed but smiled "Like most of them." She got up and went back to shadow's. She wanted to see what he was up too.

Shadow went to the pony that ran the building and placed the book on his desk, then told him that it was too easy and what he could change. The stallion smiled and led him to his safe and opened it. There were almost a dozen bags in there. Shadow thanked the pony and loaded up a cart. He bumped into a mare on the street and had a rather heated discussion about metal and the best way to use it, then he said bye and started heading home.

Maple got to shadow's house before he did. She looked around the house. "Where the hay is he? Figured he be cooking some meat or something..." She walked into his guest room where she was keeping her stuff and laid down waiting on him to return.

When Shadow got home, he was a little exhausted from hauling the cart home. He placed the cart around the back of the house, dug a giant hole in the backyard, then started dumping the bag into the hole. Once it was done and he filled in the hole. He walked around the house and entered through the front door.

"Hey shadow!" Maple said greeting him. "What took ya? I got here before you did and I was working most of the night." She yawned loudly while stretching "Speaking of which I'm pretty tired. I'll probably take with you for a bit and then hit the hay. So what where you up too?"

Shadow jumped a bit and said as he smiled, "Hey Maple, I was just getting some help with the strap, helping with security, and talking with a mare I bumped into." He headed up the stairs and to his room to see that his armor and sword was on his bed. He picked them up and placed it on the mannequin