Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Shadow thought about it and said as he unbuckled it, "I could kinda show ya what I figured out." He dropped it into a portal, and like last time, it got stuck int it. He pulled it out and took a small swing of it to the side in order not to hit something. The blade has a shadowy version of itself in its wake. He placed it back in and said, "From what I learned, it absorbed my magic long before I put in the hilt, so it was used with dark magic, like what discord said. So that got me thinking that it might be either Sombra's or someone as powerful as him." He buckled it back in the scabbard in order to keep it from falling out.

"So If I'm gathering what you telling me correctly then that blade is infused with dark magic that you don't know who belongs too." She pondered this for a minute "We've never seen anyone with the same kind of magic as Sombra. in case you dont remember there are 3 different types of magic Unicorns magic that unicorns and alicorns use, Dark magic that usually come from artifacts or non-ponies like you and chaos magic which me and my dad can use. So since Dark magic comes form artifacts that blade could belong to someone evil."

Shadow pulled out the orb and said, "Actually the rapier part and scabbard was from the armory, and I'm currently the owner, from the box I found the orb was taken, sealed in the box, then buried in the cliff of the canyon. So it might have been a cut ruby before some creature got its claw on it." He placed it in his pocket and thought, if the gem made the sword be able to do shadow magic, then maybe it could do more, then he said, "Wait, you said that you can do chaos magic, right?

"Well it requires me to use an artifact to channel the latent ability through but the short answer is yes I can" Maple told him "If I had some kind of horn then I wouldn't need the artifact." She was surprised he was surprised magic was usually given to ponies by inheritance maybe she was wrong and got lucky

Shadow pulled out the orb and said as he held it out for Maple, "Huh, anyways, I have a theory that it could be like the alicorn amulet, it powers amplifies one magic ability to an extent. So my theory is it isn't a gem that was magic to itself, but an amplifier."

(edited)

Maple took it and began to walk outside "I could try but I've never used dad's magic before so best I be outside so I have less of a chance of breaking something." When she was outside she held the gem in her hoof and focused for a bit she attempted to open a portal to Discord's realm. Maple noticed a small zipper appear in the air "Welp guess that answers your question." She said unzipping it revealing A world of nothing but harmonized chaos. "If you don't need this mind if I have it?"

Edited by Maple Bat
Whoops posted that early

Shadow nodded and said as he opened his portal and pulled out a black orb, "Sure, just make sure it doesn't have its full power. The last thing I need is Discord on me, for corrupting you with it." He placed the gem on the rapier's hilt.

"I'm used to the corruption thing a ton of artifacts do that." She said putting it into her bag "I'll keep it safe I promise." She then zipped up the portal that she had opened so that nothing would explode or change or whatever else would happen if left exposed. 

Shadow nodded and said, "Just making sure." He looked at the clock hanging in the hallway and said as he grabbed his coat and hat, "I forgot I got a delivery to do. Since I seen how your work is, want to come see how one of my jobs is like?" 

"Well why not." She said "Beats sitting around waiting for Luna to inform me of another problem." She went to shadows armory to grab her armor and she put it with her other things. "Didn't you say you do just about anything though?"

Shadow said as he opened a portal and said, "Yeah, for the right price." He was about walked into the portal when he remembered to get it. He walked back into the kitchen, opened the cupboard under the sink, and pulled out a box. He said as stepped through, "Try to act natural and not make a fool of yourself. He's an old client of mine."

"Have I done anything foolish since you met me" Maple thought about it for a second "Don't answer that and don't worry I'll be cool about it I understand how some of these old friend things are." She then followed shadow through the portal to where ever they where going.

Shadow stepped out to see a stallion sit at the desk. He was dress as mafia, apart from the hat. He looked up from his book and said, "Ah, you've arrived on time, tell me. was it hard?

Shadow said as he placed the box on the desk, "It was fine, but I couldn't get the second thing since they were on to me overstaying my welcome." 

The stallion said as he looked at Maple, "It's fine, and who's this?"

"Name's Maple, just here to help out." She told She looked around to see where they where but wasn't sure what to make of it. The Stallion himself didn't intimidate her she was hoping she didn't intimidate him.

The stallion said as he glared at her, then he smiled and said as he lifted up the lid to see what's inside, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Shadow, you've done well, my associate will hand your payment and the list on what to get in a month" 

A mare came out while levitating a bag and a scroll on it. Shadow took the bag and said as he was leaving, "see you next time and hopefully I get it all this time." When his back was turned he sighed with relief.

"See told you I could handle it." Maple told Shadow "I know when to control my behavior. But who was that anyways." She asked, not because she wanted to know more of just to know the guy better. "Also If you need help getting anything on that list then let me know."

Shadow said as he opened a portal, "A powerful pony underground, and one that doesn't like guards." He looked at the list. He looked concerned for a moment as he kept reading the same thing, then he sighed and mutter, "It better be worth it, if I make it out of there alive and myself." He stepped into the portal. He walked into his study and started checking where everything is located.

After following shadow through his portal "Doesn't like guards huh? Good thing I wasn't wearing my armor then anyways what is it that's so dangerous for you to obtain?" She ponder what he meant by make it back himself was it a traumatizing thing or was it more of just in one piece. She walked back to the guest room where her things where and there was a letter from Princess Luna Maple walked over picked it up and began reading it

Shadow sighed and said, "Everything is simple, but the last thing, a fresh changeling cocoon from Chrysalis." He looked up the components of them, he didn't find anything good, they're made with the changeling's saliva, so in order to get that, he would have to go out there and ask for it.

"Don't think they'll just give it to you changeling are rather rude." She said with a hint of anger "Wonder why he needs that? It's not the most comfortable thing." she shuttered a bit remembering some stuff from the past.

Shadow shrugged and said, "He's the only one I don't question his reasons for, and not all of them, I met a few, but I don't Chrysalis is going to just let me have one since I gave up one of her changelings to the princesses." He tossed the scroll on the desk and headed out of the room.

"Well chrysalis doesn't know that..." She began "And she doesn't have to know. We can just take one under her nose." She went and grabbed a map she made of everfree forest which lead her to where the changeling where located. I was tasked with scouting them already but we never used the map I made. The writing was illegible to anyone but her but locations where drawn well enough. "Oh wait you said fresh... Does it have to be from chrysalis?"

Shadow said as he shrugged his shoulders, "Pretty much, but I have a month to figure it out. Or I could just kidnap her." He to a chest in his armory, and started digging through it, while throwing stuff out of his way.

"Kidnap? Chrysalis? Didn't assume that was possible given that she's always guarded by only her most elite changelings." She said "In addition to that you can't use your magic if you get to close to where they are right now. We thought that had been destroyed but it's still there. You'll need someone to go with you in case this goes south, so yea I'll be going hate changelings anyways." She went to get her things.

Shadow finally found what he was looking for. It was a small band the look a little moldable. When he heard maple say that she was coming with him. He sighed and headed to the bathroom to get something for the headache it will bring.