Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

Shadow was being sarcastic when he said that but Maple didn't catch it. "No that's a unicorns horn and hes got a weird antler and a goat horn I think." She said "So we need to find that Pegasus to find the necklace. Well these tracks are a good place to start."

Shadow smiled but wanted to keep an eye on her, the wave keep coming from the horn and with that proximity. it should give off enough to drive a normal pony insane. Lucky for him, he's been driven insane already. He walked after the trail of hoofprint and started investigating the area.

Maple was examining everything along the path really carefully however not because she wanted to find more clues more of she had become paranoid that the Pegasus was waiting for them to walk by so they could attack them. "You don't think that pony is still around here do you?"

Shadow shook his head and said, "Probably not, but I might be wrong, so stay on guard." He picked up a busted feather and said, "Seems like it's hurt its wing. Either the pony got a few good hits in or it damaged its wing on something." He didn't mention that there's a third option, that something else attacked it. He has barely been out here, so he doesn't know a lot about the area.

"One feather doesn't mean their whole wing's hurt" Maple corrected "but I think you're right seeing as they where walking. I think they accidentally hit something seeing as theirs no blood anywhere near the feather." She continued searching for the pegasus.

Shadow said as he nodded, "Yeah, might be." He started walking, ignoring the annoying voice that was urging him to fight Maple. He thought about it, apart from seeing her fight other, he doesn't really how well she is. After a few minutes, he saw something in front of him. He stumbled and fell down, then he looked up to see it wasn't there.

Maple laughed "Hey there's nothing there buddy. What'd ya trip over" She hoped that Shadow wasn't aware of how scared of him she was right now for some odd reason. She reminded herself they where friends not many people trusted them but they trusted each other.

Shadow shook his head and said as he stood up from landing on his but, "I thought I saw something, probably a hallucination." After a few steps forward, he heard a random chanting that he couldn't make out. 

"Wait what's causing you to have hallucinations." Maple said "Because normally those thing don't just happen. Maple subconsciously stepped away from Shadow fearing him from whatever effect was making her so paranoid.

Shadow said as he slowly snuck over to where he heard the chanting, "I don't know, it just happened, now, quiet." He didn't know if the chanting was his imagination or if it was the pegasus. He placed the box on the ground and moved closer

Maple flew over Shadows shoulder trying to get a better view of what what he is looking at . She again subconsciously put a good foot between herself and shadow. She noticed she was doing it and felt bad for doing it but didn't say anything about it,

Shadow pulled bushes apart to see a few feather in a pile like they were being hidden. He placed his clothing next to the bushes and took off. He saw a pegasus poke it's head up to scream as Shadow grabbed it around the shoulders and tackled it to the ground

Maple flinched when shadow jumped guarding her face, thinking that he was gonna jump at her. When she saw she jumped at something else she was relived. "Who's over there? What is someone life you doing out here by yourself?" She asked the Pegasus who just got tackled

The pegasus just spoke in some other language while holding the necklace to its chest. Shadow smacked its muzzle making its head hit the ground. Once the pegasus was unconscious but alive. Shadow grabbed the necklace and headed to the place where he placed the box

"Wha... What language was that it's not anything I know" Maple said concerned "They weren't chanting any sort of dark magic were they?" She started to get really fidgety because she was just getting more and more intimidated by her surroundings.

Shadow shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know, but at least they didn't get to do anything. Let's head home." He placed the necklace back in the box and closed it without even seeing that the objects were glowing.

Maple spread her wings "I'll... meet up with you" she said "Need to clear my head a bit. You feel free to leave a portal around here for me to use and I'll meet up with you when I'm done but I just need to fly a minute." She took off hoping shadow didn't follow her.

Shadow opened the portal and walked through. He walked to the artifact room and opened the box. A blast of energy through him into the board, breaking it in two. Shadow shook his head and saw that the room was pitch black and spacious. He looked around to see silhouettes of ponies, but he couldn't see their face. They taunted him and accusing him. He grew madder and swung at one. it passed right through it.

After a few minutes of flying Maple decided her head was clear enough and went through the portal. She saw Shadow looking at something but wasn't quite sure what it was he was looking at she also saw a cracked board on the floor "Shadow?" She said "Are you ok?"

(edited)

Shadow was busy being tormented by the voices, then he heard another voice right behind him. He swung at it, but his claw got stuck in something before it could get close to the voice. He pulled on it, then the claw came out of the metal leg. He clutched it in pain, as he bit his tongue, and took a few steps back. He stumbled on his chair and landed on his back, unable to figure out what's stopping and tripping him in an empty place

Edited by reader8363

"Shadow!" Maple shouted pinning him down "Calm down I'm the only one here focus. What's going on." She knew she was putting herself in danger this way but he need help so Maple was trying to help even if her helping would scare Shadow.

Shadow watched the silhouettes jump on him to hold him down, but he only heard one voice. He would've would magic to pull them off, but the claw being torn out and not seeing any light to make a shadow, was keeping him from doing. He started to calm down, then the area was vanishing until he saw that his artifact room was a mess and Maple was pinning him down. He said shakingly, "Maple, what going on here? Also could you please get off me."

Maple was so confused by his question "What do you mean "what's going on?" I came through the portal and you tried to take my head off." She tried to not be angry at him but couldn't help it She got off him "What exactly happened?"

Shadow got up and said as he grabbed his claw out of the wood and start cleaning up the room, "I opened the box and was sent back with a wave of energy. When I opened my eyes, I was in an empty abyss, surrounded by silhouettes of ponies from my past taunting and accusing me of barbaric things. Then I swung at a voice, got my claw stuck, had it ripped out, then the silhouettes jumped on me and when I could see, I was in the room and you were pinning me down."

"That effect sounds familiar." Maple said remembering a few of the injections they tried "But did it hurt when you're claw came out? It sounded like it did. I thought they where fake." Maple picked up the broken board thinking of what should replace it.