Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Recent Gaming Corporate Tomfoolery

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Gaming is a massive industry. With any massive industry comes corporations. Now, I try not to be a person that automatically thinks all corporations are evil beings treating us like puppets, but there are tons of companies out there that make it rather difficult to look at any of them with a positive viewpoint. Gaming or no. 

Since gaming is my favorite hobby of them all, I care about it a lot. I care about this industry and the wonderful experiences it has allowed me to have. So when I see some corporate douchewhistles taking advantage of it to make a maximum profit, product be damned, I get angry and I want to call them out on it any chance I get. This is why I hate Activision with every fiber of my being. 

SO! This can be the THE thread for calling out any recent corporate shenanigans in the gaming world and we can discuss them, rip those apart verbally, or whatever. Could be a venting thread too. So share away! Any corporate nonsense in gaming that is bothering you lately? 

One thing I have noticed that I HATTTTTTTTTEE, is the use of 'betas' as a damn pre-order incentive. Activision is probably the most recent company to use this, for both Destiny 2 and Call of Duty WWII. The whole point of a beta is to test the product before it is released, not as some early demo 2 weeks before the game comes out. That is all made worse when this 2 week early demo is used as a marketing tool to get people to pre-order. It is funny in its desperation. 'Pre-order now and get access to play a potentially inferior version of the game that is coming out in 2 weeks!' Yay. 

There's nothing more I look forward to then pre-ordering a beta version of a game with day one DLC

The only game that was okay with was Titanfall 2. That was only because every DLC was free, since they didn't want to split the community like Battlefront did.

• Brohoof 1