Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Spoiler) Why were some Equestria Girls works released earlier in other countries?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

(edited)

"Legend of Everfree" was released in Brazil, and "Dance Magic" was released in Poland, earlier than in America and other countries.

I wonder why did Hasbro choose to release them earlier? Was it due to a partnership with other companies in those countries, or that Hasbro wants to seize a chance to sell their products in those countries?

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

10 minutes ago, Lezal Rose said:

I reckon Hasbro might have a base in Poland or something since they are an international company 

Hasbro has many offices in many countries, but what happened in Poland that caused Hasbro to select it of all the other countries?

Answer is simple. When Hasbro will sell rights to other networks they can do what they want with them. For example release them when they want unless Hasbro will pick date after they can release it. And it seems that they didn't picked specific date so that happened.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/18/2017 at 8:56 AM, kuco said:

Answer is simple. When Hasbro will sell rights to other networks they can do what they want with them. For example release them when they want unless Hasbro will pick date after they can release it. And it seems that they didn't picked specific date so that happened.

Which explains why Treehouse has been airing normal episodes of FiM early in Canada.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/18/2017 at 10:56 AM, kuco said:

This is the answer to the OP. The distribution of entertainment product and release is a negotiated element, and release date is flexible because it isn't something Hasbro wants to tightly control.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This is the answer to the OP. The distribution of entertainment product and release is a negotiated element, and release date is flexible because it isn't something Hasbro wants to tightly control.  

As @Jeric and @kuco have stated, Hasbro has very little control over  Distribution. Distribution is run by outsourced companies, that work with Hasbro to get it to theaters regionally. For example, Lionsgate is in charge of distribution for the Film inside Mainland US. Although Lionsgate is in charge of distribution as a whole, they often outsource the international release to other companies especially when it comes to releasing films in Asia. Typically Distributors are asked to release the film on a set date, but due to regional conflicts with other films, public holidays or other things, they might elect to release it at an earlier or later date. For example, here in Malaysia,  Golden Screen Cinemas and Global Peace Productions work with western companies to bring films to local cinemas.

Here's a handy diagram

g608787.jpg

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn
Found a better image
  • Brohoof 1

Because of this early release, spoilers are everywhere now online and that makes it difficult to go to certain places without, well, spoiling what the special was about. This isn't the first time something like this has happened though. There was the debacle during the season six finale where the U.K. aired the episodes in the span of a weekend compared with the U.S. taking about four weeks. And of course, we have the current issue with the early episode releases courtesy of Canada.

• Brohoof 1

I guess that, unless Hasbro explicitly states otherwise, they can do and release ponies how they see fit. I think it happens with any tv show and stuff. It's not a big issue in my opinion normally, but in these times the internet is virtually mandatory, where spoilers galore. And the fact that we are so passionate fans that seek to deepen our knowledge of ponies ASAP doesn't help yo :dash: 

I'm still wondering on one thing though.

As far as I know, not even a single episode from 7th season was released with Polish dubbing yet (I can't find them anywhere), but they've dubbed EQG episodes that fast (apparently?).

To be honest I'm not oriented there well and I'm confused. Perhaps they're waiting for the whole season to come out? No idea.
Anyway, I was really surprised when somebody told me, that some EQG episodes will be released in Poland earlier, than in other countries. At first I was like "No way! I think science hasn't gone that far yet.", but now I see, that it's a legit thing. :D 

(edited)
On 5/20/2017 at 11:34 PM, Frozen The Unicorn said:

For example, here in Malaysia,  Golden Screen Cinemas and Global Peace Productions work with western companies to bring films to local cinemas.

On a side-note, my fellow fans in Malaysia are waiting for Golden Screen Cinemas to announce the release date of the MLP:FiM Movie.

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/21/2017 at 2:35 PM, Rikifive said:

I'm still wondering on one thing though.

As far as I know, not even a single episode from 7th season was released with Polish dubbing yet (I can't find them anywhere), but they've dubbed EQG episodes that fast (apparently?).

To be honest I'm not oriented there well and I'm confused. Perhaps they're waiting for the whole season to come out? No idea.
Anyway, I was really surprised when somebody told me, that some EQG episodes will be released in Poland earlier, than in other countries. At first I was like "No way! I think science hasn't gone that far yet.", but now I see, that it's a legit thing. :D 

Each country and licensed network can air each show and episode whenever they want, but in the case of ponies, when potential toylines are going worldwide. I heard that the first episodes of S2 of FiM were.... guess what: THE SEASON FINALE :blink:. No doubt to promote the Canterlot Wedding toyset :dash:. Guess this is the case with the Polish EG shorts 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

. I heard that the first episodes of S2 of FiM were.... guess what: THE SEASON FINALE :blink:

Oh wait, forgot to clarify that was IN LATIN AMERICA. Me DERPed :muffins: