Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of my oc?

WildHeart4life

I want to know everyone thoughts on my oc. This isn't my actual oc. I made it in Pony Creator. I will post the real thing soon. I have more than one design, so tell me which ones you like. Now here is the pictures. Plus I don't mean to offend the alicorn haters. Again I say this: I made this in the Pony Creator. This is not my actual oc. I will post the actual drawing as soon as I can.

hiResPony.png

myPony.png

screenshot.png

Plus this is the website i used: http://www.dolldivine.com/mlp-fim-pony-creator.php

It's like if you were looking for attention, perhaps subconsciously. Maybe a lacking sense of identity, given how you picked a saturated color scheme, which not only clashes with itself, but the whole setting.

Difficulty to blend in, trying to be different, yet being anything but oneself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Creative, but alicorn issues aside the colors do clash and the stripes give a Zebra like feel. Of this bunch I prefer the middle one because the patches are more ponylike, more so if you wanted the pony to be from trottingham at least where we know ponies can come with patches.

I recommend toning down the color intensity right now they are offensive to the eyes and maybe making it have only a single coat color. Or if you want two maybe give it socks, color the muzzle, tip its wings something like that and you will want the mane/tail colors not to clash with the coat. Maybe pick a coat you like then google matching color schemes.

Edited by PonyOfWar
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, WildHeart4life said:

@PonyOfWar Ok I edited it. Here is the picture

myPony.png

Personally I like it, its simple and easy to look at. Leaves room for character development to take place within the character rather then needing the uniqueness being from her external design alone.

But while I say that I don't mean that you need to get take away everything unique about the OC. Rather just put some creative thought behind your designs. You can take this simple design and then add a little flare. It's easier then working off of an over the top OC. And it maybe eaiser starting with who she is as a pony. 

Characters are more then what they look like and even if you didn't add anything else externally to this little pink pony there is a lot of room to play with. Her personality or talent could make her stand apart. So if you want to add more to her appearance take some of these questions into account.

Where does she live, Canterlot, Ponyville, Manehatten? 

What is her talent? Does she work in a field that uses her talent or is her occupation unrelated? Does she have to wear a uniform for her job?

Things like this can really flesh out a basic character and make one interesting and unique despite appearance. 

Or at least this stuff works for me when making up OCs idk if the same thought processes will work for you but I hope this helps some anyways. 

Edited by PonyOfWar
  • Brohoof 1

@@WildHeart4life

Because this thread is asking that others view one of your MLP OCs and to possibly offer opinions, I have gone ahead and moved it to Original Character Help, as it will receive the best attention in that area. The Visual Fan Art area is to share art that users have made themselves.

:)

• Brohoof 1

@Venomous Okay. Thank you for doing that.

@PonyOfWar Okay. I added a few features to her and a few extras. She moved from Manehattan to Ponyville. She loves to read, sing, eat, and draw. She is very hyper but can be lazy half to most of the time. She dreams of opening a bookstore/bakery. I accidently changed her coat color just a little bit. This is the picture I created in Pony Creator and one of the ways I actually drew her. In the picture I drew it looks crazy, I know. But I call it a glecorn, a eagle/unicorn hybrid. And I am proud of it. Plus thank you for your tips. They came in handy.

images.png

WIN_20170518_20_03_25_Pro.jpg

• Brohoof 1