Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Royal Problem  

204 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• Starlight: *spits in barf bag* "Did Tirek bake this cake?!" Celestia: "No. Tiberius." Luna: *facehoof* ("I hate it!" >__<)
    • Starlight: "The princess are A Royal Pain." ("I dislike it.")
    • Luna: "Eh. 'Tis not bad. But I've had better moonshine." ("…meh.")
    • Celestia: "It's cause for a celebration! *Starlight, Luna, Tiberius, Philomena join* ("I like it!")
    • Luna: "This is FABULOUS!" Celestia: *whispers to Starlight* "She and Rarity have girls' night out every Friday." ("I LOVE IT" <3)

• 1 year later...
On 2018-12-09 at 4:47 PM, CyperKirin said:

I think it was more reasonable as GlimGlam's - Twi had been browbeating her since the map that a repeat of the whole nightmare moon episode could not be allowed to happen, and the dismissive way each sister felt about the other's duties wasn't helping. Celestia wasn't asleep, and was visiting GlimGlam's dream.

Not sure; it is a logical extension of NMM though. Perhaps imagining nightmare outcomes is something else she learned from her mentor?

I don't think there is a comic, but I think there is a trading card with a similar design, as a "nightmare sun". It IS curious that luna didn't need to be told who Daybreaker was, despite not having seen this particular standoff before...

The comic was Nightmare Knights. Granted it was a Daybreaker from another reality, but it was still an interesting read.

On 2022-12-15 at 3:57 AM, Gale Wind said:

The comic was Nightmare Knights. Granted it was a Daybreaker from another reality, but it was still an interesting read.

Sure. But the episode was back in 2017 and the comic didn't release until 2018 :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was definitely a classic episode for sure, for me. It lead to the existence of Daybreaker (even if it was only a dream), it lead to many good alternate universe stories. Starlight's anxiety and helplessness in the situation, and the differences Celestia and Luna have for each other is definitely relatable. 

• 5 months later...