Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else hate watching reruns?

Star Petal

The thing is, I hate television, and cannot afford it anyway. There is something about watching reruns on my computer, or T.V that I just despise. I cannot think of hardely any shows that I can actually watch a rerun of without growing extremely lethargic about the mere thought of it. For some reason, It bothers me greatly. Anypony else feel this way about reruns? :adorkable:

Depends on the show itself for me. Rewatching episodes of Attack On Titan is something I love, it always pulls me in. The first 3 seasons of Spongebob is another show I will occasionally watch episodes of despite me seeing them so many times. Simply gives me a good feeling. Most other shows though, I don't actively seek them out. 

In terms of FiM specifically, that depends on the episode. I have watched Pinkie Pride countless times, for example, but there are others I haven't watched more than once. I have already watched Parental Glideance a few times through so that is a rerunner for me. 

(edited)

It's not that I hate watching reruns, for most shows I like, FIM included, I just don't see the point of rewatching episodes.

Edited by cmarston1

14 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

It's not that I hate watching reruns, for most shows I like, FIM included, I just don't see the point of rewatching episodes.

Likewise. I got better stuff to do rather than watch an episode I already know. I DO watch reruns sometimes, but only a short list of episodes, and between long periods of time, otherwise I'd be watching the American airing of the episodes alongside the Canadian ones :dash: 

Thanks to Netflix instant streaming, I personally love doing mini marathons every once in a while based by custom rules I set for myself. For example, watch all the episodes that focus on a certain character or location and fast forward pass any scenes that have none of the set character or location.

ABC's Once Upon a Time is a good show to do this, due to its nature of jumping back and forth between flashbacks and present day in an single episode. Once a season of the show is over, I'd go back and watch all the episodes in chronological order. That means watching the flashbacks first in order of the grand timeline that's revealed piece by piece, then the present day events last. I'd even choose a character to follow. This makes me see how the characters change and evolve throughout their lives!