Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

Just found this Disney short from 1953, which gives a brief and cartoony history of one of the most important people in american history, Benjamin Franklin. Of course, it wouldn't be a disney short if he didn't have an animal sidekick though. :P

Have fun.

EDIT: On a side note, the narrator was Winnie the pooh/Kaa himself, Sterling Holloway. :P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Mesmelicious Rize said:

Just found this Disney short from 1953, which gives a brief and cartoony history of one of the most important people in american history, Benjamin Franklin. Of course, it wouldn't be a disney short if he didn't have an animal sidekick though. :P

Have fun.

I actually saw this short growing up. Thanks for reminding me, Mesme. :D

• Brohoof 1

This is a very special version of the disney short Peter and the wolf, based on the play by Sowjet componist Sergei Prokofiev, who was at the disney studios to overlook the making of this short.

The short which was originally narrated by Sterling Holloway, is here narrated by Ziggy Stardust himself, the late great David Bowie.

Nice story about Peter and the Wolf. We had a play based on it in 3rd grade and i was playing the wolf, because i always loved playing the villain. :sneer:

Anyway, have fun.

• Brohoof 3

35 minutes ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

Have fun.

EDIT: On a side note, the narrator was Winnie the pooh/Kaa himself, Sterling Holloway. :P

I remember this! YouTube downloader is GO!

21 minutes ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

This is a very special version of the disney short Peter and the wolf, based on the play by Sowjet componist Sergei Prokofiev, who was at the disney studios to overlook the making of this short.

The short which was originally narrated by Sterling Holloway, is here narrated by Ziggy Stardust himself, the late great David Bowie.

Nice story about Peter and the Wolf. We had a play based on it in 3rd grade and i was playing the wolf, because i always loved playing the villain. :sneer:

Anyway, have fun.

The wolf in here was Nightmare Fuel, especially when jump-scaring Ivan the Cat

Anyway, I saw the original Sterling Holloway-narated one on a collection of VHS tapes called "Disney Favorite Stories" which also featured the shorts, "Music Land" and "Symphony Hour" shared with "Peter" on the same tape.

Thanks for giving me reason to bring these up, Mesme.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

For the most part when people talk about Disney they usually would just mention the movies and shorts, however I would like to discuss something interesting that happened on the Television side of Disney animation.

Two new animated series were announced to be airing on Disney Channel next year, called Amphibia, and The Owl Room.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2018/02/new-animated-series-amphibia-owl-house-coming-disney-channel-2019/

With the little that is know about the two shows, I already am looking forward to The Owl Room as it being a horror-comedy and having an appealing anime-esque art style make it look very appealing to me.  Also King is adorable and I want a plushie of him.

I find it interesting that the two shows are airing on Disney Channel and not Disney XD as the latter is pretty much where all things animated have aired as of late.  However with Tangled the series already airing on Disney Channel, and now these two shows, and even the fourth season of Star Vs the Forces of Evil, it seems like the channel is going to focus more on animation than it has for quite a while.

Image result for amphibia

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234

Sorry about me slacking off on Walt's Words of the Day. My lingering sickness has been making things tiring.

Still, the good news is I just got "Coco" on Home Media (which means Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital) and the Walt Disney  Signature Edition of "Lady and the Tramp" on Home Media, too. The former of which is that awesome new film from Pixar. The latter of which I'm hoping will have new bonus features features featuring Walt Disney himself!

18 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Let's Burl up this joint with some classics. 

Ives had such a distinct voice. Him and Cliff Edwards both.

Why am I picturing Thorax as the crying "I'm such an Ugly Bug" caterpillar...

59f8ec864deae_1229785__safe_solo_screencap_cute_crying_sad_changeling_thorax_thetimestheyareachangeling_spoiler-colon-s06e16.png.d553629acaa33baed7f54f59bee21766.png

and the New Changelings' activities as the Ball?

Oh my Walt! There's an idea! Take the audio from the Ugly Bug Ball sing-along version and and tie it with footage from the MLP show to have the New Changeling Hive be the Ugly Bug Ball!

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Why am I picturing Thorax as the crying "I'm such an Ugly Bug" caterpillar...

59f8ec864deae_1229785__safe_solo_screencap_cute_crying_sad_changeling_thorax_thetimestheyareachangeling_spoiler-colon-s06e16.png.d553629acaa33baed7f54f59bee21766.png

and the New Changelings' activities as the Ball?

Oh my Walt! There's an idea! Take the audio from the Ugly Bug Ball sing-along version and and tie it with footage from the MLP show to have the New Changeling Hive be the Ugly Bug Ball!

What do you guys think?

That's actually a novel idea. I like it.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Here's the Wreck It Ralph 2 trailer. The setting reminds me a bit of the Emoji Movie if it had a soul. I can't wait to see this.

My ending thought on that last gag (I hope it was a gag) was "Remember not to overfeed your pet".

Either way, I'm hyped!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
26 minutes ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Here's the Wreck It Ralph 2 trailer. The setting reminds me a bit of the Emoji Movie if it had a soul. I can't wait to see this.

I can't believe that Ralph Breaks the Internet is coming out 6 years after the original. 

It's hard to believe that it has been that long since the first one.  But because of that does anyone else notice that the animation seems to have gotten some improvements?

Also does anyone else wish it was called Ralph Wrecks the Internet instead of Ralph Breaks the Internet?

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 3

Walt's Words of Wisdom

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Something I bet Twilight would agree with. Wouldn't you?

• 2 weeks later...

In Walt's Words:

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that it was all started by a mouse."

596054828fe72_download(9).jpg.8d7576f4ec3e2e4a775300c158e0fab1.jpg

Edited by We.
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Getting back into quoting Walt Disney from my Quotebook.

In Walt's Words:

"Because the eye is the most sensitive and dependable of our sense organs, the motion picture offers the wildest, direct avenue to our emotions. Whereas the still picture can suggest only a fragment of fact or fiction, the cartoon-in-motion is without limit in communicating ideas, events, and human relations."

yeah, let's revive this thread a bit. :)

kaa_by_mikabesfamilnaya-d9483z6.jpg

Probably the best fan art of Kaa i have ever seen. :3

• Brohoof 3

23 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

yeah, let's revive this thread a bit. :)

kaa_by_mikabesfamilnaya-d9483z6.jpg

Probably the best fan art of Kaa i have ever seen. :3

I always liked this one. kaa_with_shanti_by_mikabesfamilnaya-d9wc Wished Kaa would be a bit more on screen thought.

• Brohoof 2