Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

7 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Here's the Incredibles 2 trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Huh... not what I was expecting. MAN, the characters look good though. You can SEE the 14 years of technology improvements in the animation. <3

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Steel Accord said:

Anypony else see Jak-Jak biting on Bob and their first thought was, "not the Momma!" or just me?

"I'm the baby, gotta love me!" :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"I'm the baby, gotta love me!" :P

Gosh, I haven't seen much of that Dinosaur family sitcom show that used to play on Disney Channel in my day, but that "I'm the Baby" song was catchy. Thanks for reminding me, @Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Huh... not what I was expecting. MAN, the characters look good though. You can SEE the 14 years of technology improvements in the animation. <3

I think it's a natural progression of the concept. Bob's gone from pining for his glory days to his wife moving up in their shared career and he has to take full responsibility of the kids. It's Mr. Mom, but with with superheroes. Sounds like a fun movie for me.

7 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

I think it's a natural progression of the concept. Bob's gone from pining for his glory days to his wife moving up in their shared career and he has to take full responsibility of the kids. It's Mr. Mom, but with with superheroes. Sounds like a fun movie for me.

I read a point someone wrote about Bob basically getting karma for not learning to parent. He’s always just let Helen deal with the kids, but now he’s got learn how to be a dad.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for not providing a Walt's Words yesterday. But I'm here now before work.

Walt's Words of the Day:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

Honestly, I haven't been following this advice for years when it comes to my potential fan fiction writing. Someday soon, I need to get around to at least publishing the first chapter. It doesn't have to be perfect, right? Worry less about perfection and more about getting something done, right guys?

• Brohoof 1

Thought i also post here again. :P

I wonder why Disney hasn't considered to make an animated movie based on the Pied Piper of Hamelin, which is one of my favorite german folklore tales. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Mesmelicious Rize said:

I wonder why Disney hasn't considered to make an animated movie based on the Pied Piper of Hamelin, which is one of my favorite german folklore tales. :huh:

I wonder how that is gonna work out. :dash:

The Princess and the Piper? Piper and the beasts? 

I think because it's a little tricky to make all the characters within the story sympathetic.

I believe in the original fairy tale, the Pied Piper only stole the children because the town adults didn't keep their promise of paying the Piper for ridding the town of rats. The moral is keep your promise, or there will be consequences. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I think because it's a little tricky to make all the characters within the story sympathetic.

I believe in the original fairy tale, the Pied Piper only stole the children because the town adults didn't keep their promise of paying the Piper for ridding the town of rats. The moral is keep your promise, or there will be consequences. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe they can change the story up and do it in their disney style, like they do with most of their classic tales.

How about this idea: There is this boy with this unique talent, that he can enchant everyone with his flute that they follow him everywhere. At one point, the mayor of hamelin is giving out 1000 pieces of gold, for anyone that gets rid of the gold. The boy is in the city at that point and that he will get rid of the rats for them. He does so and actually recieves the gold and is celebrating with the whole town till the sun sets-

Next morning, the town notices that all the kids are gone without a trace. The town quickly points at the pied piper, because they think he took them away with his enchanting flute. He is getting chased out and the mayor is giving out a warning to everyone in the kingdom, that the pied piper is a dangerous man, who can not be trusted.

Though, it really wasn't him. It was actually the king of the rats who took away all the children to take revenge on the pied piper and the pied piper goes on an adventure to prove his innocence.

This whole movies moral, could be that you shouldn't point a finger at someone so quickly.

It's not a full script, but i think they can make a movie out of it.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe they can change the story up and do it in their disney style, like they do with most of their classic tales.

How about this idea: There is this boy with this unique talent, that he can enchant everyone with his flute that they follow him everywhere. At one point, the mayor of hamelin is giving out 1000 pieces of gold, for anyone that gets rid of the gold. The boy is in the city at that point and that he will get rid of the rats for them. He does so and actually recieves the gold and is celebrating with the whole town till the sun sets-

Next morning, the town notices that all the kids are gone without a trace. The town quickly points at the pied piper, because they think he took them away with his enchanting flute. He is getting chased out and the mayor is giving out a warning to everyone in the kingdom, that the pied piper is a dangerous man, who can not be trusted.

Though, it really wasn't him. It was actually the king of the rats who took away all the children to take revenge on the pied piper and the pied piper goes on an adventure to prove his innocence.

This whole movies moral, could be that you shouldn't point a finger at someone so quickly.

It's not a full script, but i think they can make a movie out of it.

Not a bad idea.

been watching alot of goofy shorts from the early 50s this evening. Honestly, some of these shorts would not be okay in todays climate.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

You're quite right. It's where the saying came from.. "It's time to pay the piper". Terry Pratchett put his own humorous spin on the tale with his delightful "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents".

14 minutes ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

been watching alot of goofy shorts from the early 50s this evening. Honestly, some of these shorts would not be okay in todays climate.

These cartoons were actually talked about by this crazy guy ;)

My favorite moment even as a kid was at the end of the Hockey episode with a cameo of Monstro the Whale from Pinocchio.

36 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Walt's Words of the Day:

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."

I think this has been my favorite piece of "Walt's Wisdom" so far. 

Walt's Words of the Day:

"I don't make movies to make money, I make money to make movies."

This quote is THE page qoute for the Trope, Doing it for the Art. Under the Animated Films page for it, there's a bullet point for the example with Walt Disney.

Walt Disney himself as quoted on the main page. Despite not being actually talented enough to draw, he did push the technology and art of animation to new levels, such as making the first synchronized sound cartoon and first Technicolor cartoon. His debut feature film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was considering extremely risky at the time for being the first ever animated feature film; people thought it would be a huge failure and that animation couldn't be long enough for a feature length film. Snow White became a huge box office success at the time, which gave Walt enough money and success to produce Pinocchio, Fantasia and Bambi, all three considered classics that still hold up today for the intense amount of detail in the animation, high artistic merits (especially Fantasia) and the impressive special effects for the time. However, those films did not make enough money to keep the Disney Company financially afloat, so they had to make wartime cartoons for the United States in World War II, as well as Dumbo, a much safer film. Walt never made another movie as ambitious as Fantasia again (though Sleeping Beauty was close). If Fantasia had been an economic success, who knows what else Walt would have done.

• Brohoof 1

Walt's Words of the Day

“You'll be a poorer person all your life if you don't know some of the great stories and great poems.”

One of several reasons why his company adapts fairy tales and such.

• Brohoof 1