Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

On 4/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, MAIKUN said:

What’s up with everyone hating Zootopia? I mean, the movie flopped in theatres, right? 

Uh, no? It made well over a billion at the box office.

• Brohoof 6

(I really need to pick a better time of day to do the Walt Disney Quotes on a regular basis. I've suffered too much from Schedule Slip for one reason or another.)

Still, I love Disney and their ideal goal of providing family entertainment, even if to some people, it has become corrupted by greedy people.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Celli said:

Uh, no? It made well over a billion at the box office.

I don't think so, But no, the movie flopped and yes, that is my opinion, man.

Edited by MAIKUN

39 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

It's not a fact that it flopped. There's evidence that it made over a billion worldwide. Your post can be easily overturned.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2016/06/zootopia-passes-one-billion-worldwide-box-office-disney-1201767542/amp/

• Brohoof 4

54 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

No; that is NOT your opinion. Your opinion regards the quality of it; whether it was good, bad, mediocre, disappointing, etc. The movie succeeded financially, critically, and amongst movie-goers.

Does everyone love it? No, but again, that doesn't trump it's success.

• Brohoof 8

2 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Dude, it's your opinion that you didn't liked the movie. To be fair, i kinda find it a bit overrated, but to say it flopped is just not true. The movie was a huge hit, critically and financially and gathered a huge fanbase.

You shouldn't ruin the fun for others.

• Brohoof 8

7 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

WRONG

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/30/box-office-disneys-zootopia-tops-lion-king-to-become-second-biggest-original-movie-ever/#28c4f44f50e6

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=disney2016.htm

Worldwide box office: $1,023,784,195

You don't understand how box office works. Zootopia's budget was $150 million. 1.02 billion is a financial success.

• Brohoof 7

7 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

You're right, it did flop. It flopped so badly that it became the 6th highest earning animated film ever made and pretty much stomped on whatever cartoons/animated films any of us liked.

• Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, GrimGrimoire said:

You're right, it did flop. It flopped so badly that it became the 6th highest earning animated film ever made and pretty much stomped on whatever cartoons/animated films any of us liked.

And it profited three quarters of a billion dollars, but totally a flop!

LOGIC

• Brohoof 4

12 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Just like Roadside Romeo, right?

7 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Just like Roadside Romeo, right?

No. Not at all. Zootopia made a profit of $870 million at the box office. That's a lot. And it got critical acclaim as well.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Celli said:

No. Not at all. Zootopia made a profit of $870 million at the box office. That's a lot. And it got critical acclaim as well.

I doubt it man. But trust me. The Nostalgia Critic should've just done the full review of the movie in the first place, right? 

1 minute ago, MAIKUN said:

I doubt it man. But trust me. The Nostalgia Critic should've just done the full review of the movie in the first place, right? 

No... Not at all....

Dude, this is not a matter of option. It is objective FACT. I showed PROOF to back my claim up. Your opinion is WRONG

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Celli said:

No... Not at all....

Dude, this is not a matter of option. It is objective FACT. I showed PROOF to back my claim up. Your opinion is WRONG

No it's NOT at all. Just like Roadside Romeo, the movie was a failure. And so Zootopia too. Zootopia should have been reviewed by the Nostalgia Critic in the first place. 

No it's NOT at all. Just like Roadside Romeo, the movie was a failure. And so Zootopia too. Zootopia should have been reviewed by the Nostalgia Critic in the first place. 

WOW you're delusional.

• Brohoof 2

I am NOT delusional at all. Those are my opinions at all. Actually.

The movie's budget was $150,000,000, it made $874,000,000 in profit.

How is that a flop? Did you learn economics in school???

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Celli said:

The movie's budget was $150,000,000, it made $874,000,000 in profit.

How is that a flop? Did you learn economics in school???

Looks like I was wrong. Zootopia was an success and it gained an huge fanbase. It's OK to have opinions.

Edited by MAIKUN

I already asked this question in a different thread, but I'll ask here 'cause it's more appropriate here:

What is your guys' favorite Post-Renaissance Disney movie (made in 2000-2007, just 'cause that's my fave era)? 

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, hopkey123 said:

I already asked this question in a different thread, but I'll ask here 'cause it's more appropriate here:

What is your guys' favorite Post-Renaissance Disney movie (made in 2000-2007, just 'cause that's my fave era)? 

Gotta go with Lilo and Stitch. It’s one of my all time favorite Disney movies! 

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, hopkey123 said:

Or as TvTropes calls it on the recap page, it goes up to Bolt in 2008.

Anyway, for me it would be Lilo and Stitch for the decent TV show that spun-off it. 

Lilo and Stitch the characters remind me a lot of Spike and Thorax in hindsight.

image.jpeg.660c1d82dec3bf2a8b9eb0d5c816d18d.jpeg.fdbde8b91010039c45b1a7e0fb756812.jpeg5ad5201799cd4_imageproxy(2).jpeg.15efb74b141a1d2a70bb8872db28a66b.jpeg

4 hours ago, hopkey123 said:

The Emperor's New Groove.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, hopkey123 said:

Monsters Inc. takes the cake, for me. :) 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
On 4/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, ChB said:

Monsters Inc. takes the cake, for me. :) 

I can choose Monsters, Inc.?

I'm changing my answer. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2