Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Not here to vent just want to let it out. Or should I just let it go? Fans calling out Elsa being lesbian is annoying as f**k.
(I don’t often censor but this a Disney thread)

The director herself said it's for the fans to interpret wheter Elsa ends up with someone or not, wheter she's straight, lesbian or bi. We should have the freedom to accept that other people see the same character differently than another fan does.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:08 PM, Will Guide said:

The director herself said it's for the fans to interpret wheter Elsa ends up with someone or not, wheter she's straight, lesbian or bi. We should have the freedom to accept that other people see the same character differently than another fan does.

I understand, it’s just the fact of going a bit too overboard is what I’m getting at. It goes from fans, to twitter and now to articles talking about it as if Elsa being lesbian is the only greatest thing about her.  And then lashing out on those who prefer Elsa just be Elsa. I don’t like how they treated Elsa like a lgbt Queen symbol or something. I get it people ship that’s fine and all. But I don’t understand why they would think Elsa is lesbian just because she show no love interest. It’s a bit far fetched since it’s like saying I have no current love interests does that make me gay? 

Like I said, I’m not venting against one’s imagination to ship, I‘m just saying against those who actually think it’s confirmed that she is lesbian when it have not yet say anything about her status in the canon. They can have their fantasy, but I’m just being real here. Until it says otherwise. 

• Brohoof 2

I am excited about the One Day at Disney Documentary coming to DisneyPlus on December 3rd. 

As for me, I'm about to go in for an job interview as a dishwasher at Disneyland on Thursday. And this Documentary couldn't come at a better time! Being able to work at the Happiest Place on Earth, even starting as a simple dishwasher, would be a dream come true. Wish me luck.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, and on Disney Plus they added the Little Mermaid Live on the Wonderful World of Disney special that was on television a few weeks ago. What a nice surprise

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

With the Cronavirus Crisis affecting the Walt Disney Company, majorly through the closure of the theme parks no doubt affecting their cash flows, I'm more determined than ever for this to blow over so that when the time comes, I could put my Cast Member Nametag back on and work my magic at the original Happiest Place on Earth! 

Who's with me in doing our part to help prevent the spread of the Virus so the Magic of Disney Parks can reawakened?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

With the Cronavirus Crisis affecting the Walt Disney Company, majorly through the closure of the theme parks no doubt affecting their cash flows, I'm more determined than ever for this to blow over so that when the time comes, I could put my Cast Member Nametag back on and work my magic at the original Happiest Place on Earth! 

Who's with me in doing our part to help prevent the spread of the Virus so the Magic of Disney Parks can reawakened?

Man, just wen I wanted to go to a park :dry:. Oh well, guess I’ll wait a few more months

13 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

And they just closed the parks and stuff "until further notice" (video i watched used the word indefinitely) so........

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill

9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill

You do know that, with everything shut down, they're losing millions of dollars a day, right?

Edited by ggg-2

I thought Frozen 2 was a LOT better than the original movie.

Spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

I thought Olaf was actually funny & I liked forest in autumn setting .

I also liked all of the songs in this movie which, was something I did not expect.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I actually love Disney's Star Wars, it's awesome! :grin:

I agree.  The Last Jedi is over-hated, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Anyone else enjoyed Disney's Recess besides me?

Yes!  I loved the movie “School’s Out” :D 

• Brohoof 2

I'm still awaiting the day when I can safely return to Disneyland. 

I plan to sing a variation of When Will My Life Begin from when Rapunzel finally gets out of her tower!

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

Anyone else enjoyed Disney's Recess besides me?

Recess is one of my favorite shows from Disney’s One Saturday Morning. 

• Brohoof 2

I should rewatch Recess when I have time. I still haven’t seen a few popular Disney things, though, so maybe I should watch those first. 

• Brohoof 2

Today is the 65th anniversary of Disneyland in California. And on Disney+, I'm watching the Pre-Opening Report from Disneyland. Originally aired days before Disneyland's grand opening and hosted by the man himself, Walt Disney

• 2 months later...

Even though I really like Alice in Wonderland, I can't help but be disgusted by the Flowers and Caterpillar: first ones are unreasonably racist and the second one is an outright *naughty word* and an absolute hypocrite.

450?cb=20160804093138

• Brohoof 1

Oh, a Disney Thread! :squee:

I recently got Disney Plus and so far really enjoyed the 101 Dalmation Street and the Ducktales reboot. :fluttershy:

Just sad that the original Dalmation series isnt on there...at least not in my region. :(

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Lex Destrosio said:

Just sad that the original Dalmation series isnt on there...at least not in my region. :(

I'm sorry to hear that, BFFFF. :sunny:

The only thing I remember about the 101 Dalmatians series is there was a dog named "Cadpig". 220?cb=20150122024952

• Brohoof 2