Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much exercise do you do?

Zyrael

Exercise? Pft. Why put myself through that? I don't see the reason. Do understand I'm only speaking for myself here, as I do not think long-term. I wish so dearly that ten years ago I hadn't had this mindset, but now it doesn't matter.

• Brohoof 2

Um, excuse me, I can't leave my closet for the sake of this "exercise" thing.

...Actually, for a few years I went horseback-riding one hour a week on Saturdays; as well as trekking on horseback for a week, twice. One summer I also did some archery, another one I spent on summer camp in Catalogne.

I can't recall any other occurrences off the top of my head, unless you count PE at school (did some climbing, among other things) and walking/jogging across the campus.

None...and I really need to change that. Just wish I could push myself off my lazy butt and do it. :/

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I get plenty of exercise. It doesn't mean I'm a gym rat. I'm just generally active. I walk to most of the places I need to go that are within range, and I like to practice defensive moves which keeps me in good shape. 

• 3 weeks later...

I swim 3 to 4 times a week. I also do weight training and run occasionally. It is a nice combination.

I go mountain biking every weekend. I generally do about 50km every weekend, I ride from my place to the tracks too. If all goes well I should be doing my first enduro comp late January then moving on to downhill in the near future, when I get a second bike

Edited by Crosswind

I only really exercise two days a week, which is the weekend, since I don't have enough time during the week due to work. I just run on a hill in front of my house and jog on the property we own. There's actually a small patch of just mud at the bottom of the one hill because I always start and stop my runs on that spot. Other than that, I do stretches that focus on my legs and lower back since that's usually most affected by my work, which involves a lot of sitting down.

• Brohoof 1

If the weather is nice enough, I enjoy walking around my neighbourhood. I never do this during the winter because of how cold it can get in addition to the ice and snow which is why I should use the treadmill that we have in the basement. It's been a long time since I last used it and all it's been doing is gathering up dust.

I should be but I'm not...  I really do need to exercise though, I hate my fat it makes me feel gross.  Also, it can be hard to find things I actually like in my size!  I end up wearing something that's either too tight or way too loose.  I think one of my goals next year is to join a gym, it feels weird doing work out videos at home I always get this weird feeling that someone is watching me and I become self conscious to the point of stopping what I'm doing. :(

I quit in the gym I went to, but will sign up a new contract at another gym which is closer to me and then exercise more when the new year is coming :)

Except for that, I usually move and use my body a lot, walk to and from my job. And usually I am pretty lazy when I am home.

Edited by Rainy_days

6 hours ago, Thuja said:

I should be but I'm not...  I really do need to exercise though, I hate my fat it makes me feel gross.  Also, it can be hard to find things I actually like in my size!  I end up wearing something that's either too tight or way too loose.  I think one of my goals next year is to join a gym, it feels weird doing work out videos at home I always get this weird feeling that someone is watching me and I become self conscious to the point of stopping what I'm doing. :(

Well, if you feel self conscious about your appearance, you should start as soon as possible. How did I begin to work out and lose weight? By comparing myself to my role models: The Mane6 themselves, and I was a depressed, fat, and no expectation for the future dude. My parents tried to make me work out many times prior, but never stuck, and never made any real effort. Now, after yet ANOTHER attempt to do so began a bit hard, due to low stamina and strength product of a whole life in sedentarism, but thanks to ponies, I've refused to make the minimum effort and call it quits, and gaining the will to work-out another time. When I've noticed I was able to pull more bars, flex, and walking longer distances, I've experimented with more stuff like climbing walls, and doing a backflip with the bars :yay:. Well, where I am now doesn't have those outdoors workout parks close by that I know off, so I've joined a gym because I was regaining weight. I'm not really a fan of indoors workout, but I it is as good as it gets for the moment. Thankfully, joined some classes of jiu jitsu, and my previous discipline helped me stay, and I'm going to the gym less and less, because jiu jitsu help me workout, AND be a badass :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I go to the gym on average of 6 times a week for an hour to an hour and a half, been doing that for abouuuut 7-8 months it's incredibly good feeling, helps with some... Serious stress and issues I had about 6-7 months back. But yeah, the average is 6 days a week.