Sign in to follow this  
Nit Pick

dark souls Is Dark Souls 1 on PC remotely worth playing?

I have the 360 version but I just seem to prefer PC now a days. Is the game even remotely enjoyable on PC? Because it seems I need to mod it to be a PC game to begin with. Is it worth the trouble for mouse and keyboard controls? I can play "The Surge" just fine on my computer.

(edited)

It is playable, but honestly, without controller it is a nightmare. Especially tracking enemies, because slightest mouse move switches the one You're following (and got me killed plenty of times).

But since You have Xbox 360 You can use controller from it with no problem. 

There's also a mod that apperantly fixes controls for keyboard and moue, but I didn't test it, so can't say anything about it. Personally I just use xbox One controller and the game is going well. 

Edit: If You want to play a Dark Souls game with keyboard and mouse and no modding then Dark Souls 3 is DEFINITELY better. Managed to beat entire game solo without controller and without problems caused by clumsy controls, so it should work better for You too.

Edited by Sir Hugoholic

Badges

4 hours ago, Nit Pick said:

I have the 360 version but I just seem to prefer PC now a days. Is the game even remotely enjoyable on PC? Because it seems I need to mod it to be a PC game to begin with. Is it worth the trouble for mouse and keyboard controls? I can play "The Surge" just fine on my computer.

So long as you use a controller the game plays exactly like the console version. I have Dark Souls on both. I can't say I ever noticed any issues.

The mod you download takes all of three minutes to install. It really isn't much of a hassle, it just fixes a few things that the developers didn't optimize for PC.

i do know if you dont have a XBOX controller you can set up  PS3/4 controler (just takes half an hour)

Badges

Well, the PC version has a modding community that fixes a lot of the issues the game has, like the annoyingly bright lava and the annoyingly unresponsive netcode. Besides that it doesn't really have any advantages over the console version.

Badges