Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Daybreaker Fan Club

Jeric

Welcome Servants of the Sun to the Daybreaker Fan Club

Daybreaker is the assumed corrupted form of Princess Celestia who appeared in the climactic nightmare sequence in A Royal Problem. Similar to Nightmare Moon in design, with a solar inspired scheme, she was defeated by Princess Celestia in the Dream Realm as Celestia was infused with Luna's dream magic. For years fans have speculated what Celestia would be if she had been corrupted like her sister, and the fans were  given their answer in an epic fashion. 

medium.jpeg

"Black? We get it. You're sad!"

Rules of the Fan Club*

Do not post a picture of Celestia in the Daybreaker Fan Club. That name no longer has any meaning for her!

Worship of Daybreaker is encouraged heavily.  

Worship of Nightmare Moon is tantamount to inspiring rebellion against Daybreaker and the life giving Sun she controls.

Sunscreen is discouraged in this topic, as Daybreaker herself considers it blasphemy. You should not hide from the Sun, but embrace it!

It is acceptable as well as scientifically accurate to call Daybreaker hot. 

Every photo of Daybreaker posted here will yield unto you a Stellar Indulgence. 

Sun related puns are also encouraged, as even the Life Bringer of Equestria has a predilection for Dad Jokes. 

Post images of Nightmare Moon at your own peril, for her visage may lead to a Holy Flame War should Daybreaker see it!

Daybreaker will come again! 

All Forum Rules as decreed by the Administration and Moderators apply here, as they are true Acolytes of the Sun!

large.gif

The reveal was epic, and about a second before I said, "Nightmare Star!'

A few years ago the FiM CCG put out this card. 

AbsoluteDiscord_-001.jpg

There are a few visual differences beside the name itself. The armor and accents are a different color and Daybreaker has a Nightmare Moon style helmet. That said, the resemblance is similar enough that this makes one wonder if this was an early concept by the show staff.  Daybreaker may be one of the coolest surprises to come out of the show, one that I expected to remain simple fanfiction fodder. I for one Praise the coming of our glorious new ruler! 

*not real rules. 

• Brohoof 8

Hm I prefer Nightmare Star tbh(visually and name-wise). Nightmare Star may be the 'true' version as well, due to it being only Starlight's imagination, but knowing the show they would prolly make it more consistent than that. So in which case, if NMS could be a possibility in the show, how could she occur as different to this version? She does have other differences. In fact, I think its a personality that's got Luna's dream walking abilities (hence nightmare and a darker cutie mark) plus is peaceful and has eternal day (hence different demeanor and regalia). And the Elements of Harmony have their marks on her throne, so its likely she is peaceful. Perhaps in an alternate reality she was born the only sister, so needed to learn her sister's dream-walking abilities in her place, and she ran unopposed, so doesn't really have a need for the aggressive attitude of DayBreaker.

And because her sun's rays are darker, she probably holds the sun further away for milder light to balance it out.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Hm I prefer Nightmare Star tbh(visually and name-wise). Nightmare Star may be the 'true' version as well, due to it being only Starlight's imagination, but knowing the show they would prolly make it more consistent than that. So in which case, if NMS could be a possibility in the show, how could she occur as different to this version? She does have other differences. In fact, I think its a personality that's got Luna's dream walking abilities (hence nightmare and a darker cutie mark) plus is peaceful and has eternal day (hence different demeanor and regalia). And the Elements of Harmony have their marks on her throne, so its likely she is peaceful. Perhaps in an alternate reality she was born the only sister, so needed to learn her sister's dream-walking abilities in her place, and she ran unopposed, so doesn't really have a need for the aggressive attitude of DayBreaker.

And because her sun's rays are darker, she probably holds the sun further away for milder light to balance it out.

Oooohh! Good theory!

• Brohoof 1

I love her smugness in this image. 

DayBreakerbyPeachMayFlower1495403367846.

Also adding this. 

day_breaker_by_legadema-dba3318.jpg

O.o

Her color scheme looks awesome as a plushie!

• Brohoof 3

I didn't think it was possible, but I kinda love Daybreaker. She's just incredibly hammy, and the fact that she's more a manifestation of Celestia's fears than Celestia actually turning evil makes it even better.

1445339__safe_artist-colon-mlpfwb_daybre

• Brohoof 3

Yes...yes, YEEEEEES!

I have LONG awaited the day to see Celestia fall. Not because I will ill of her (she is best princess after all). Let me put it this way, Daybreaker showing up made a 34 year old man leap up in his office chair and cheer at the top of his lungs at a 6 figure a year law firm. Suffice to say, I am SUPER happy...now to get wifey to rolepl...I  mean...cosplay this for the next Bronycon...yes, that is what I ment..cough.

Season 7 is going great! Thank you DHX! Now, moar Rarara!

• Brohoof 1