Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Other Ponies That Could Be Called By The Map

Marimo

So we saw in the latest episode that the map can call on ponies besides just the mane six. Which other supporting characters would you like to see get called, and what sort of locations and/or problems would they solve?

Also, while I don't think Spike would be called on in the show since he doesn't really have a cutie mark, for the sake of hypothetical discussion and fun let's just say he would get his own special symbol and could be called on too.

Personally, I could see an episode where the CMC get called somewhere that would need their cutie mark guidance. They've mainly just worked on cutie mark problems in Ponyville, besides one moment in Appleloosa, so it'd be cool to see them expand.

• Brohoof 1

I think the only real option i see, like you said, is that the CMC get called up by the map for a problem, considering they are also important characters in this show. Eventhough i must say that their episodes this season leave something to be desired.

• Brohoof 1

Spike and the CMC are obvious choices for me. I would also be intrigued if supporting characters are paired with main characters. Big Mac with Rainbow Dash, Luna with Fluttershy, etc. 

The show could definitely expand it's ability to tell interesting stories. Like Spike and Rarity sent to solve a problem that leads Spike to grow out of his crush.

Also, what would Spike's symbol be?

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Spike and the CMC are obvious choices for me. I would also be intrigued if supporting characters are paired with main characters. Big Mac with Rainbow Dash, Luna with Fluttershy, etc. 

The show could definitely expand it's ability to tell interesting stories. Like Spike and Rarity sent to solve a problem that leads Spike to grow out of his crush.

Also, what would Spike's symbol be?

I definitely have to agree that Spike would make for a logical choice to be called by the map seeing how he does have his own throne in the castle after all.

As well as the CMC as their new roles as helping others with cutie mark problems could easily allow for them to travel across Equestria and create new story opportunities.

If Spike were to have a symbol, I would go with the heart shaped fire ruby he gave Rarity in Secret of My Excess, as it represents despite him being a dragon, who are known to be greedy, Spike can rise above that nature, and a major part of his growth with episodes like The Times They Are a Changeling, be self sacrificing.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Marimo said:

A purple S with green spines and ended with a tail?

So basically if he had a cutie mark, that what it would look like? What does that destiny mean? XD

Anyways, Starlight being called was an interesting concept! But it takes away the Mane Six's unique-ability to stand along with the Elements of Harmony. I mean the Elements are in the tree, and the tree gave the Mane Six Rainbow Power, and that created the castle and the map table, and it all started with the elements, which are connected to the Mane Six. Does this mean the elements can be connected with anypony even if they didn't use them? This story is getting a bit confusing. I like that! :D

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

So basically if he had a cutie mark, that what it would look like? What does that destiny mean?

It's just a symbol, not a cutie mark. More of a logo to identify Spike rather than something that explains his destiny.

I still like the idea instead of 2 members of the mane 6 being called, perhaps 1 of them along with a side or background character getting called. The only problem is that they really would have a hard time trying to explain that since most of these characters have little interaction with the main characters outside of the limited cameos here and there.

That being said, I would like to see some of the pretend match ups just because i could visualize these ideas and think they would be a lot of fun.

Octavia and AJ heading off to someplace like Manehatten for some music related friendship problem.

Cheerilee and RD maybe dealing with some sort of reading issues with a member of the Wonderbolts trainees or the like (Illiteracy in itself has not been dealt with)

Bonbon, Lyra and Pinkie in an episode touching upon the Agents of SMILE in some secret location. Bonbon and Lyra could actually be the ones with the problem.

Dr. Whooves and Twilight in some sort of Time traveling episode, just because.

Derpy and Rarity in Canterlot dealing with some sort of appearance problem. They could mix in how Derpy feels about herself and how she perhaps feels others see her. This would be an easy message about all of us being beautiful no matter how we look.

Bulk Biceps and Fluttershy maybe visiting Bulk Biceps home to deal with some relative perhaps? Bulk Biceps is actually very timid despite his powerful appearance, and I can imagine them doing the trope along with the main episode about him having to try to impress his family with his imaginary GF and fantastic life and her going along with it to try to help him out. Another easy message about being proud of yourself no matter what.

• Brohoof 3

This is something I actually sort of predicted. Based off my theory of equestria I figured that it would be more than possible for the map to send a pony other than the main 6. It's in my theory my OC Techno is waching over equestria from his underground lab and he chooses to send ponies using the cutie map. He really was onto a serious issue with his creations in that episode. :)

How about Minuette and Moondancer?

What I love about Minuette is that she never bore grudge against Twilight and that she welcomed Twi with open arms in Amending Fences. She's easily one of the most forgiving and accepting ponies in the show. And Moondancer... She learned how to forgive and how not to bear grudge against the one who hurt her... It's really difficult to do and I truly admire her for learning that lesson.

I bet the duo could solve some friendship problems together.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say Trixie is the most likely one to be called up in the future. I do like @Jeric and @GrimGrimoire 's suggestions of pairing the mane 6 with other secondary characters. The possibilities are endless, and was one of the biggest appeals of the Friends Forever comics, coming up with pairings we wouldn't expect(Trixie and RD, Mayor Mare and AJ, Rarity and Gilda, just a few examples of some really good ones)

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to see side characters get called by the Cutie Map.

How about one that involves Big Mac, Fluttershy and Rarity having to help a struggling singing group somewhere in Equestria. It would bring back the Ponytones as well as make for some great development for Big Mac by interacting with other Mane 6 members.

Maybe Trix by association with Starlight. WAIT A MOMENT, THERE'S AN UPCOMING EPISODE WHERE STARLIGHT AND TRIX GO TO THE CHANGELING HIVE TO SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH THORAX'S BROTHER, THAT COULD BE IT :squee:

• Brohoof 1

On 5/20/2017 at 5:04 PM, Marimo said:

So we saw in the latest episode that the map can call on ponies besides just the mane six. Which other supporting characters would you like to see get called, and what sort of locations and/or problems would they solve?

Also, while I don't think Spike would be called on in the show since he doesn't really have a cutie mark, for the sake of hypothetical discussion and fun let's just say he would get his own special symbol and could be called on too.

Personally, I could see an episode where the CMC get called somewhere that would need their cutie mark guidance. They've mainly just worked on cutie mark problems in Ponyville, besides one moment in Appleloosa, so it'd be cool to see them expand.

Personally I think it can only call Starlight due to her mixing her magic into it when she's fiddled with it in The cutie remark and Fixed it with twilight in a later episode, not just any ponies.

The problem with the CMCs is that now they've got their marks, they are basically used up.  Although, they might help Babs.

The one I'd like to see is Trixie & Zecora try to help Ember. (Discord gives it 2 thumbs up)

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I could see an episode done with 5 of the Mane 6/7 (minus Twilight and Starlight) being called upon along with...(wait for it).....Cadence to go on mission related to the Crystal Empire.

I totally want to see Derpy get the call. If Twilight was shocked when Starlight got called she's going to be positively gobsmacked when she sees a circling set of bubbles.