Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: Equestria (Former 1x1 with Hazard Time and FancyHorse and Arid_Blitz and also Randimaxis)

genessee

@genessee

The mare watched as the diamond dog left, hefting her saddlebags and super sledge down.  She brushed the kindling into a pile, as best she could, and huffed.  Probably wouldn't have to worry about the roof catching on fire.  It'd survived this long, a small campfire wasn't going to change anything.

"So," she began, addressing Lance.  "How was your first day?"

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Hazard Time

Lance brushed his face off again, to be sure that there was no dust remaining.

"Besides almost getting killed, getting drunk, an awful hangover, vomiting, rolling into my own vomit, looking at, er, what used to be ponies--"

He cut himself off.

"In short, not how it used to be."

With this, he walked over to the makeshift campfire and plopped anything he was carrying beside him as he sat down. He looked over to Ametrine, and asked;

"But, hey, I made more friends than I ever had before Equestria went to hell. So, uh, thanks for saving my butt back there. Like, twice. Is there anyway I can repay you?"

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee

Ametrine shook her head and nudged a piece of tinder that had rolled off the pile.  "I don't think you'll ever have enough to repay me.  Believe me when I say it would have been so much easier to nick what you had and left your body to the mole rats.  Kindness and generosity don't earn you a whole lot of respect out in the wasteland, not as much as it should."

She picked up her sledge, looking over the head.  There were plenty of signs of use, plenty of signs that it had taken more than a few lives.  "I guess the question becomes why I make exceptions, especially with you.  To be honest, maybe I've had my fill cruelty."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Hazard Time

Lance stared for a second.

"Well, that isn't a comforting thought. But you have a couple more guns by your side now, right? I mean, judging by what I've seen so far, that would be a good thing to have."

He paused as he thought about what to say next, or just to drop the conversation.

"So, riddle me this-- what were you doing out in the middle of nowhere? Surely there's gotta be at least two or three settlements or camps out there. How'd you end up passing me?"

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee

"I was on my way here from Vanhoover.  It isn't too far away, and we're technically within the old limits of the city.  The only other settlement is Daisy Duke's, and..."

Ametrine paused for a moment, gripping her sledge tighter.  "They're slavers.  I not really much to add really, other than I've crossed their path a few times and now they're more interested in bringing me back dead."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Hazard Time

"Wait a minute. So slaves are a thing now? Seriously?"

Lance was about to ask what Ametrine did to get on their bad side, but took a look at the sledgehammer and figured it out pretty quickly. Oh. He decided to drop the subject. She looks like she's getting pissed.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?"

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee

Her hoof loosened as she exhaled slowly.  "Probably loot the mall and take as much as we can carry, hopefully as quietly as possible.  If we get done soon enough, we can start back to Vanhoover.  Otherwise, probably going to spend another night here.  I personally don't mind, but word's going to spread that the mall got cracked open.  I'll give it a few days and this place is going to be a scav free-for-all."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@Randimaxis @Arid_Blitz 

Best not to waste more time. He best get that tinder going. 

"Hey kiddo? Got any flammables? Matches? Cotton wire?" He asked, old survival rigging. Cotton wire is pretty vulnerable to conduction- just rub a battery wiring to it and it'll catch blaze real quick.

"Just jumble it all up. Give it a good rubbing but don't burn yourself..."

Radscorpion does sound good right now. They'd probably tag along with him to go get that cooking? 

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, FancyHorse said:

"Hey kiddo? Got any flammables? Matches? Cotton wire?"

"OOOOH!  Yeah yeah yeah, I gots a Sparkler!"

Dip reached into one of his pockets and pulled out the spark tool there, presenting it.

"Dis is my Sparkler; it makes sparks what set stuff on fire, so I keeped it to make fire wif!  An' as for stuff ta burn, we could use a buncha dose clothes down inna junk shops - not like anypone's gonna miss 'em, right?"

Dip smiled sweetly, which only made his half-melted face a little less gruesome.

"So... we get dis fire goin', we gonna has a Story Time?  'Cuz I loooooooooves me some Story Time!  If we do, I wanna hear the Story Time 'bout how each o' you folkie-folks came from where ya came from.  I'll even tell ya mine... if ya wanna hear it, dat is.  Most folks don't even pay tension, most times... but it's okay.  If you guys wanna hear it, I'll tell it - but if ya want me t'shut up, I can do dat, too."

He was SURE they wouldn't want him to shut up - they seemed too nice, too friendly to tell him to NOT talk about stuff.

Dip was overjoyed that he'd be getting Story Time soon, and he did his best not to look too excited... but, of course, he wore his emotions on his rotten sleeve, so it was obvious the stallion was cranked to 11.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Hazard Time

Lance nodded, remembering the thugs they encountered earlier.

"Figures."

With that, he stood back up and made his way back downstairs.

"I'm going to check up on the other three and see if I can find more beer so I can get hammered and forget this ever happened."

That was probably a bad idea, because he had just  gotten over a hangover. But, hey, I'll probably blackout and, like I said, forget this ever happened.

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis @Arid_Blitz 

Fallskir received the Sparker tool.

"Much appreciated kiddo." He says. "See you up top you two." He says turning around and heading his way back into the mall. 

Inside and through the crinkling glass and matted carpets about with the dusty marble and steel of the mall hallway along the shop sides. Mind in a wander for a bit till he heard the sounds of approaching hoofsteps closing in. Halting and stepping to the side he awaited till- 

Oh, its the other one.

@genessee

Fallskir stepped back out seeing the other young stallion approach.. 

"Got the sparker." He says simply passing by him and approaching to the stairwell leading back upstairs. 

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee @Hazard Time @FancyHorse @Randimaxis

Walking over to the other rad scorpion he used a chakram to cut it open and dig out some meat, cutting the venom sac out he set it to the side as he heard Dip talking to the pupper. "We'll be eating pretty good tonight, while you are down here grab a few blankets." he said before seeing the other leave "Yeah we can have story time when we get up there and get the food ready." he began to set the meat inside his saddle bag as he went over to the door he saw Lance "Hey Dip we should go see what we can grab from that ammo shop." he whistled at Lance to get his attention "HEY we are going to relook over the gun store and bring up the extra ammo to make some bombs, want to join us or you going to be fine? Also We have dinner just need to cook it up."

Odair was walking inside the building looking over a few of the places "If anything we should really give this place a once over tomorrow during the day, a few safes will probably be found no telling what we will find." He looked back at Dip smiling "Alright do you want to see what we can find in the shop? I'll tell you a story if you want."

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@FancyHorse @Hazard Time @Arid_Blitz @Randimaxis

Lance nodded as he passed Fallskir.

"Nice, I think Ametrine set up a campfire for you to light-- Oh! Now that I think of it, do you happen know where the arsehole blonde and that Dip ghoul are?"

He had intended to grab a drink and run back to the roof, but decided to check on his companions first. It would be a compassionate thing to do. Compassion is a thing still, right? Plus, if I show I care, they might not turn around and shoot me in my sleep. Or, you know, they might think of that as weakness and shoot me in my sleep anyways. Whatever.

--------

Meanwhile, in a faraway raider encampment, inside the largest tent, two powerful-looking stallions waited for their messenger to spit out the news.

The messenger looked absolutely terrified as he stared at his superiors, and rightly so- these were the most powerful ponies he and the rest of the clan knew.

"W-w-well, uh, so, we haven't really gotten any news back-- actually, we haven't gotten any news back from the scout party at the Mall, sirs. B-but we're still looking, don't get me wrong, my lieges!"

The first stallion, named Lord Kent, glowered silently at his messenger as he thought of dozens of ways to brutally murder him right then. However, the second stallion, named Lord Dack, had different thoughts.

"Send word to the Battlemaster to send a scout group twice the size of the first to the Mall, and to have them arrive no later than sunrise tomorrow. If there is any sign of the previous scout group there, bring me their leader. If you find any females, foals, colts, or young stallions, capture them and enslave them. Show no mercy with any hostile opposition."

The messenger nodded furiously as he scrawled this across his hoof.

"Right away, my lord!"

And with that, the messenger darted out of the tent.

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@Hazard Time 

Opening the door he returned, eye adjusting to the new light source from the brief darkness in the stairwell. The simple earth pony before him as he approached to the small tinder pile before him, untwining the metal wiring around it to loosen its grip he arranged the vertical planks into a short tent like fashion with a smaller pile underneath it. Pressing the sparker to the underpile he clicked at it a few times before a steady flame was at the end of the burner. He gently grazed at th dry wood, embers catching and forming as it burrowed to the wood. Slowy- surely with a small trail of smoke emmiting he knelt onto his fours and leaning to blow gently to help spread it.

Didn't take long before their small fire was going. A still decent amount of tinder left over. He cleared his throat a little.

He looked up to the mare.

expr1_kindlephoto-9244015.thumb.jpg.bf13d75bf39fa08d2788490a916d129a.jpg

"Good day." he says in simple gretting.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/30/2017 at 9:38 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"Hey Dip we should go see what we can grab from that ammo shop."

Dip blinked, then simply said, "I don't shooty-shoot no guns; guns awways bring troubles, so I don't uses 'em.  But," he smiled again, "I can helps you get lotsa bullits!  Sure!  We can make a game uvvit!  Yeah!  Whoever gets the mostest bullits wins, okay?  Can we do dat?  Hunh?"

Dip hadn't played games with anypony but the children who WOULD play with him... except... for those children that were at...

Dip shook his head as if he had a bee in his helmet, then simply smiled his smile at Odair.  "Okie dokie lokie, Oakie!  We're gonna get all sortsa bullits, an' den we can has Radscorpy Steaks an' havva REAL Story Time!  Oh, I'm SO glad I finded you folks - it feels really, reeeeeeally good ta have someone to talk at!"

He followed Odair down the stairs again, and back down to the shop floor.  Following dutifully along like a little lost puppy, he found himself in the gun store before he even noticed.  Once he DID, however... he gave any and all guns and rifles a B-I-I-I-G berth as he walked past them, his eyes locked on them until he figured he was safely away from even remotely possibly touching them.

"If anything we should really give this place a once over tomorrow during the day, a few safes will probably be found no telling what we will find."

Dip shivered before he finally managed to pull his fearful eyes away from the gun racks.

"Alright do you want to see what we can find in the shop? I'll tell you a story if you want."

Dip forgot all about the guns.

"OOOOOH! OH BOY OH BOY OHHHHHH BOY!  I thought we was gonna wait for steaks an' stuff - but Story Time NOW!?!?"

He let out a foalish giggle and began searching all the shelves and boxes he could see; he wasn't gonna come in last place, no sirree!

• Brohoof 2

@FancyHorse

"Hey," she greeted back, brushing a lock of mane from her hair.  She watched the fire gather in strength before she sat down before it, warming herself.

"You're not from around here, are you," she inquired, her eyes glued to the fire.  "Diamond dogs aren't a common sight."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@Hazard Time 

His gaze also kept to the fire, paws resting on his knees as he kept seated but palms facing the flame to feel its glow and heat. He cleared his throat a little, feeling an itch to it. Not a good sign, might be growing ill. Damn radiated water. 

"No I'm not. Or in a native sense I guess? But I've been around for sometime. Longer then the lot you." He says, directing to his age. His rifle rested shouldered in his lap as the moments dragged on. 

"You doing okay?" He asked her, just simply continuing to make conversation. 

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

@FancyHorse

"That does answer multiple questions."  Ametrine did the same, staring into the flames and watching as the fire slowly consumed the timber.

"Guess that depends on what you mean by okay.  I'm not bleeding, so I'm good.  I don't think anything recently has rattled me, so I'm also good there.  I guess it's the long term that's my problem, but I mean, who doesn't have that problem?  The only difference is that mine is a bit more unique."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@FancyHorse @Hazard Time @Arid_Blitz @Randimaxis

Lance watched Fallskir walk past him without answering his question. Okay then. He turned back around, trotted down the rest of the staircase, and looked around to see where he was in the Mall-- and more importantly, what stores were around him. A couple clothing outlets, a fast food place, and a large map plastered to a huge brick of granite. And graffiti. Lots of graffiti. He decided to check the fast food place first. Maybe the refrigerators are still working?

The moment he rolled up the now-unlocked metal gate, an awful stench of rotting foods shot him in the snout. After a second of gagging, he made his way inside. Tables and chairs were scattered about, but the back door was left open. Lucky me! Inside, the smell multiplied, but he found his treasure: an unopened box of a dozen Sparkle Colas. Lance held his breath and dived inside the back room, swooped in and grabbed the box, and then dove back outside and slammed the door shut. It, unfortunately, locked behind him. On the bright side, the entire restaurant began to smell better already.

New items: Shaken Sparkle Cola (12)

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@Hazard Time 

"All problems are unique when it's about ourselves." He replies.

Eyes feeling dry, close to this burning tinder. He reached a paw grabbing at a small bit of tinder tossing it into their little catalyst. He breathed steadily, slightly audible maybe to the mare? He cleared his throat, still itchy. A long pause as they both indulged their sights to the comforting glow of the flame. 

He slowly clenched his paw fingers, feeling the waring bite of joint wear on his bones. Arthritis taking its wear. His two pinkies barely closing in fold.  Eyes drifted, as unnoticing as he could looking and observing the mare's features. 

An illustrious pink silver mane, her eyes glistening of burning ember. Almost unnatural but in a rather alluring fashion. Well at least to him. 

She seemed just like her?

She just had this allure, a bedazzle and a voice to sooth the whole Stable.

"You boys did a good job out there~" She spoke to them with utter goddess praise in her tone. Hypnotizing.

He was staring to long, returning to gaze at the flame he shifted a little until noticing something...  Ajar to her coat, flapping like paper? Skin?

[Perception] "Hey? What happened to you?" He asked pointing at her potential wound.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

Listening to Dip he seemed like a colt on a sugar rush, looking at him as they got into the gun shop he chuckled "Yeah a game, the more bullets the better. Also I know what you mean about guns bringing trouble. The bullets will be used to help protect us though so...I guess we have to make due." walking past some of the guns he looked them over "Doubt they have bullets, be crazy if guns were loaded and put on display." he went behind the counter checking on thinks, lowering down looking over the shelves "So Dip what would you like to hear? I'm willling to chat about most anything...I got lots of stories for you to hear just ask anything and I'll give you one."

Pushing aside some debris on the shelves he found a box of rifle bullets setting them up on the counter. Probably at least 10 in there, as he moved more stuff he came across a button "Hmm there is a button back here, wonder if it was the alarm or something." he was soo tempted to press it as he peeked over the counter to Dip "Dip there is a button here, should we press it and find out what it does?"

• Brohoof 2

On 11/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"So Dip what would you like to hear? I'm willling to chat about most anything...I got lots of stories for you to hear just ask anything and I'll give you one."

Dip gave a weird, almost honking laugh.

"What story?  Why, you gotta start where EV'RYBODY'S gotta start - at the beginning!  Dat means where you comed from - I wanna hear the story uv YOU!  Where you comed from, what you does, why you does it.  DAT is awways supposed to be the FIRST story you tell when you tell stories, DUUUUUUH!"

He hoped Odair wouldn't be offended, but when folks said things that Dip felt should be common knowledge, he always followed with a 'duuuuuh'; it was how he'd always been.

Dip pulled out various boxes and, with the idea in mind to merely find bullets, he cheerfully dumped each one onto one of the display cases, bullets clattering to the glasstop and rolling off the sides onto the dusty floor.  Eventually, he had a small mountain of ammo piled onto the countertop.

[Ammunition acquired: .308 rounds x 47, .32 rounds x 112, .44 rounds x 46, 10mm rounds x 71, 12 gauge shell x 14, 5.56 rounds x 118]

Dip smiled at his haul, then looked back over at Odair, making sure he was still here - the ghoul had been abandoned before, so he simply was doing so out of habit.

On 11/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"Dip there is a button here, should we press it and find out what it does?"

Dip made his way over and stared at the button for all of five seconds before he reached right up and pushed it.

"Eeyup."

• Brohoof 3

@FancyHorse

Ametrine was brought from her fireside brooding by the diamond dog's question.  She looked down at her hoof, observing the flap of skin that hung off her body, exposing the metal beneath it.

"Guess it was that heavy ax," she assumed.  "Good thing these are built to take that sort of punishment."  She brought her hooves together, the characteristic sound of a clop replaced by a heavy metallic tink.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@Hazard Time 

He hid away his surprise, nothing was really unexpected but to find a mechanical mare? Some kinda advanced robot? Not that, that mattered it helped his ass in a fight. Might as well be sentient enough. He was always a quick adjustment to new things. 

"No wonder you ripped them apart easily. Not to diminish either mechanical or organic. You did well down there." He says, both contorting about her being whilst trying to uphold a compliment.

"Kill or be killed. Only a good arm and wit gonna getcha through."

That gruff stallion always had a blood thirst for firefight.

His eyes look down to his scuffed, calesed paws. Roughed itching and scuffs, a slight peel in the skin. Fur is all dry and matted. His eyes felt dry. Again.

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 1

@FancyHorse

"You, too."  Her eyes fidgeted from the fire to the diamond dog.  Was that a compliment?  She didn't like them, especially whenever her cybernetics were mentioned. 

She never asked for this.  They say they saved her, but saved was definitely not the right word.

Even harder than taking a compliment was giving one.  Still, she could at least be gracious.

"I heard stories of hellhounds far away from here," she spoke up.  "Huge ass claws that can take your head clean off or burrow through the ground like a fish through water, and they hate ponies with enough of a passion that they kill them on sight.  The moment I saw you, I half expected all that to go down."  Ametrine turned her face towards him for once, locking eyes as she gave him a gentle smile.

Ufx1lzb.png

"Thanks for that.  Everypony else considered, you're the only one I trust in this party."

• Brohoof 3