Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: Equestria (Former 1x1 with Hazard Time and FancyHorse and Arid_Blitz and also Randimaxis)

genessee

On 9/9/2017 at 9:22 AM, genessee said:

"My name is Lance. What's yours?"

"OH!  I'm Caution Dip!  When I asked my mama why she named me that, she always sed it was 'a sign', so I figger I'm pretty special!  SHE always said I was special, too!  It's nice ta meetcha, Lance!"

He reached out with a hoof that looked like a half-melted s'more, then gave a bright giggle as he brought it back.

"I'm sorry!  I keep furgetting that most ponez don't like squishy stuff; we don't gotta shake 'r' nuthin'!  B'sides - I brought bandages an' Stimpies... so we're bestest buds now, right?  Dat means we share stuff an' stuff, so like I sez: take whatcha need!"

On 9/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"Damn...that mare looked better before."

Dip stared for a moment... then blushed.

"Awwwww, shucks - I ain't a mare, new friend!  I'm just good ol' Dip, makin' his way thru the wasteylands, tryin' not ta get shot at!  And hey, seems like you folks are doin' the same thing!  I kinda thought dat maybe we could do it togever, hunh?  I really, REALLY don' eat much, an' I gotz lotza stories, too!  Maybe you'd like a story, hunh?"

Dip couldn't believe that his luck was turning so good!  Here wasn't just ONE pony, but there was... uhm, well... two, six, forty-leven... well, there was more than one, that was for sure!  And the MORE friends, the BETTER!

On 9/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"It'll be better if I stood up...if you dont mind."

Dip, always willing to help, smiled broadly and moved toward the floor-bound pony, melty-hoof out to help (even though he'd JUST mentioned how others didn't like to touch his hoof; short attention spans, am I right?).

• Brohoof 3

(Nopony in earshot, but just for what to expect)

Lance had staggered outside, his headache in full swing, and then collapsed onto a wrecked bench-- it creaked in protest but surprisingly held steady. I can't pass out here, what if somepony besides my companions notices me out here? Like, alone and not conscious. That's like screaming 'Hey! I have loot and I would like it if you stole it! Don't worry, I won't even fight back!' Lance had, during his mental conversation, sunken lower and lower in his seat. There were two things keeping him awake at this point: fear of death and fear of losing the personality he had just created. I mean, sure, only Dip actually believes it, but whatever. I think I'll hang out here and wait for them to come out. Maybe I can set up a fire-- it seems to be getting dark, which is surprising, considering this is basically a never-ending fiery hell. Lance forced himself to his hooves, paused, and turned around, and with a hefty yank a board came off of the bench. Then another, and another. In a few minutes he had a makeshift fire-pit set up, with whatever he could manage to pull off the bench in the middle, surrounded by clumps of dirt and sand. Now I just need to light it with something. But what?..

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis @Hazard Time @genessee @Arid_Blitz

"Where did you come from?" He asked their new visitor. 

He returned to his casual pose, a slight wobble to his stance. The pain was staring to return a bit to his nerve. 

"Tough it out pup."

He placed Lance's carbine to his side letting it lean to him. All clear, all quiet now. And the darkness began to approach noting th r lack of light in the hole in ceiling. They oughta hunker down perhaps. Maybe Dip could trade some things during their rest?

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

On 9/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, FancyHorse said:

"Where did you come from?"

Dip stopped where he was and his face went slack... well, it seemed like it; either that, or he was still melting.  His eyes got distant, almost hazy with graceful memory... then, he squinted and stuck out a bright green tongue from the hole in his cheek, taking on a comical look of thinking.

"My, um... I think it was... a houseYeah!  Dat's what it was!  Mama an' I, we waz in a house, wif all sortsa neato stuff in it!  Let's see, uhhhhhh... we had a 'lectric lights, an' Hoofball, an' even we had 'Questriam Princesses-es!  Oh, DEY was preddy!  An' I had my OWN room, Mama sed it was so she could sleep at night.  Dat was good, 'cuz I didn't wanna be da one who kepp her up, so she couldn't work tomorrow."

His new puppy buddy wanted to know about him!  Oh, what a fuzzy-wuzzy day this really, REALLY was!  Dip turned on his smile again, and his eyes twinkled merrily.  

"But I also knowed it wuz a liddle-biddy city, but we hadda Stable still!  The place widda BIG wheel to cover up the door?  Dat was where mama went when the flashes were comin', but she said I hadda stay where I was, 'cuz it was safer-er.  Musta been right, 'cuz I'm here with all you friends o' mine, rrrrrrright!?"

He actually gave a bit of an energetic hop at the end of his question, pleased as Bug Punch just be around folks who WANTED to talk to a ghoul.

"Okay," he turned to face his puppy buddy, "I told mine, now it's YOUR turn, right?  Share an' share aliiiii-iiiiike!"

He couldn't help that last singsong lilt; Dip was happier than he'd been in... well, whenever he'd been happy last.  It must've been a while, because he couldn't quite recall HOW long it had been since he'd gotten such a warn reception.  But what did that matter?  He had friends here RIGHT NOW!

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis @Arid_Blitz @genessee @FancyHorse

Ametrine couldn't help but crack a smile at the simplicity of the ghoul they had just met.  It was a welcome change, both from the harshness of the wasteland and the dourness of other ghouls, though a lifetime of being treated as second-class could do that to a pony.

Ignoring Odair's jest, she looked over towards Lance, who had since left them.  She'd seen that look on his face before.  Her nerves were still on edge, but maybe one firefight was enough for today.

9LA4OkQ.png

"You want a story?  How about we get a fire going, first?  We've had a bit of a day."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@Hazard Time @Randimaxis @FancyHorse @Arid_Blitz

As if on cue, Lance returned the group, and asked,

"Hey, I have a firepit out front made from a bench. Not sure if it'll burn, but I haven't had the chance to light it. Anypony here have a match or lighter?"

He looked over at Dip expectantly. It wasn't exactly far-fetched to assume that he had something to light a fire with inside his stash somewhere. This firepit idea was a stroke of genius. I just need sometime to wind down and think about what a hellhole my life has just become. Oh, boy, I can't wait. Emotion.

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee

"Bring it in here. Use this hole in the roof to vent." He says, picking up the carbine he held out to its previous owner before heading toward the exit doors from Lance's previous approach. 

-

Outside, he stood about for a moment to take the the sights. Unchanged, no approaching bodies. Gray skies. He winced suddenly, leg buckling a bit as the pain surged in his leg.

"Fucking fuck." He gritted his teeth. He should ask for one of those stims from their newcomer. He noted to the pile on the ground just near an over turned cart and the remnants of a bench. Lifting up the cart and collecting the wood bits he rolled them through the mall doors and approaching back to their gaggle of strangers and potential targets. 

@Arid_Blitz @Hazard Time @Randimaxis

They seemed okay. Save the ammo. The ghoul especially.

"H-hey kiddo." He called out, limping a bit interrupting between Ametrine and Dip.

"Spare me a stim if you have one? Or some Med-X? My legs busted.." He winced a bit but trying to muster his normal expression.

• Brohoof 2

@genessee @Hazard Time @FancyHorse @Randimaxis

Using the extended hoof not caring Dip was a ghoul he stood there fully shrugging his coat off fully. He smirked some at Dip "Well aren't you just a barrel of energy. Anyways name is Odair and these fine people are." he pointed to Lance "Wimpy Hacker." he pointed to  the dog and smirked some "That's Doggo." he then pointed to the mare "And that is Odair's." chuckling a bit he shrugged at everypony "In truth I dont know their real names because bullets and others being all secretive."

Taking the offered bandage he began to toss it around himself, he wrapped it tight enough he grunted from it before finishing it off with a knot "And that is how you do things, next time I'll show you how to sew a horn back on or cure rad scorpion poison." he began to lean grabbing at his coat with his teeth tossing it over a bench "Fire is nice, we should go out back I killed a few radscorpions earlier we could eat them."

Edited by Arid_Blitz
  • Brohoof 3

On 9/18/2017 at 1:02 PM, Hazard Time said:

"You want a story?  How about we get a fire going, first?  We've had a bit of a day."

Now they wanted to tell HIM stories!?  Dip could hardly believe his ears - friendly AND storytellers too?  

If Dip had been dynamite, he might have exploded twice.

21 hours ago, genessee said:

"Hey, I have a firepit out front made from a bench. Not sure if it'll burn, but I haven't had the chance to light it. Anypony here have a match or lighter?"

"Oh oh oh - I can do dat!"

His horn began to glow a rusty, mud-like orange, and from one of the side pockets of his red jumpsuit came a strange thing that looked like a coil of wire.  He brought it up to face level with himself, and it squeezed repeatedly, sending a few sparks flying each time.

"I got a Sparkler, so we just gotta get some stuff whut burns, an' we can make a FINE campfire!  'Cept..."

Dip's face momentarily fell into a look of worry.  

"Dere's been a lotta raiders around dis place - an' you got the shutters open?  Yeah - dey'll be all over dis place like ants on ice cream if dey notice."

13 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

"Well aren't you just a barrel of energy. Anyways name is Odair and these fine people are... Wimpy Hacker... that's Doggo.... And that is Odair's.  In truth, I dont know their real names because bullets and others being all secretive."

Dip lifted an eyebrow... which, due to lack of real eyebrows, meant part of his forehead moved to give his face a curious appearance.

"I THINK dat one's... Llllllllance?  Yeah - Lance!  An' DAT one izza puppy buddy, but I don't know his name yet - you sez Doggo?... an' dat mare's not a thing, Odorey!  You can't own a pony - DAT'S just SILLY!"

To prove his point, Dip let out a giggle at the concept... that, and he had already gotten the idea that this bunch weren't Slavers.  That was good; Slavers THOUGHT they owned folks, but they really just bullied 'em into doing stuff.  Dip didn't like bullies very much... mostly because they seemed to have a tendency not to like HIM very much.

17 hours ago, FancyHorse said:

"Fucking fuck."

The look that popped onto Dip's face said that he was a firm believer in the 'Swear Jar' mentality, but he didn't say a word.

17 hours ago, FancyHorse said:

"H-hey kiddo.. spare me a stim if you have one? Or some Med-X? My legs busted..."

"Oh, DAT'S not good!  Here - hereherehereherehere!"

Dip brought over TWO Stimpaks, and handed them over with a look of concern.

"Now, you gotta make sure you get some rest with doze Stimpies; dey heal the bad, but they don't heal the strain... so if you don't rest too, den it can hurt badder later, okay?  Dat means no running around 'til tomorrow, so you gotta let somebody else do the watchdog thing - so's you can heal good!"

Dip meant not a bit of jest or fun, nor was he talking down to Fallskir - he looked genuinely concerned about his puppy buddy, and was passing along good advice.  At least, HE was apparently convinced it was good advice, anyway.  He then turned around and went over to the spilled candy from the other medkit; the rusty orange glow appeared again, and the candies - all pink spheres in clear wrappers - gathered into the kit, where Dip closed it. 

He then looked back over at the mare.

"I'd liketa help, so-... oh!  OH!"  he started jumping up and down, "Oh oh oh!  I KNOW!  We could use da ROOF!"

"Last time I was here, I got onto da ROOF, an' I could see all over the place from up dere!  Dere's a shady spot, an' a old taxicab, an' a baffroom dat smells like swamp-poop, an' a busted Sparkle Cola machine!  It'd be somewhere dat raiders would havva hard time gettin' to, 'cuz the other ways up are kinda broken.  But I found a way!  We could hide up dere tonight, an' watch for stuff around us - like we're super-secret super spies!"

He looked at the collected group there, cheerfully studying their faces and memorizing their voices... he would NEVER want to forget this day!

• Brohoof 2

@Arid_Blitz

15 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

he then pointed to the mare "And that is Odair's."

Lance was in hysterics, headache and hangover forgotten for the moment. "Yours? She would blast your head off like that raider over there," He motioned towards the decapitated corpse, "Plus, you're a creep. No offense."

@FancyHorse @Randimaxis @Hazard Time

Lance, still chuckling, walked over to Fallskir and Dip. "Alright, so we're going to the roof?" He was about to ask where the smoke from the fire would go, but figured there was probably a gaping hole in the ceiling like the rest of the ruins he'd seen. I'm starving. "I'll go look for some canned food or something. Don't disappear 'till I get back, okay?" 

--

Lance scooted off from the group as his headache returned with a vengeance. He absently scanned the store names; some fast food places, another clothing store, a gun store-- wait, a gun store? Are you serious? In a heartbeat, Lance was inside, looking around. Nothing of interest besides a couple basic handguns that couldn't hurt a fly. However, he did find a variety of ammo, plus an unopened bag of chips. He scarfed the chips down and rushed back to the group, being very loud as he did it.

• Brohoof 2

@Arid_Blitz @Hazard Time @genessee @Randimaxis

He didn't hesitate at all and stuck himself with the first. A clenching grumble and a hiss as his eyes clenched shut. He huffed as the surging of this medical wonder surged in him, burning at his nerves as they worked their magic. He dropped the used syringe and sighed coughing slightly. They seemed to mumble about? Lance headed off? His head swirled a bit before the short effects wore off.

He stored the Stimpak in a side pouch on the rucksack on his back.

To the roof then? Sounds decent enough. 

"Thanks kid." He says to the ghoul.

"I'll watch on high point. Kill anything within 300 meters..."

Reaching about from one of the corpses, seems to have some fancy wiring decorative to his shoddy armor. Untangling it he wrapped the tinder bundle in the wire. Better for carrying. 

Lance was making a bit of noise. Musta found something on his little trot about. 

"Found anything for the rifle?" He asked. 

• Brohoof 2

@FancyHorse @Randimaxis @genessee @Hazard Time

Listening to them as they spoke of going to the roof, Lance running off to check things out to find some food he chuckled some. "Ok..." Looking at Dip he tilted his head some about his words on the bathroom up on the roof as well having some cover up there "Well that is a good place to go, we can go up there however would you like to accompany me out back?" still on the bench a chuckle left his lips "We can take this bench and a few other things that can set fire...probably some of the clothing we saw." starting to get up he watched Doggo fix his leg "Good you can lift a lot I bet, so you and the mare can tear this wood bench up along with any other wood things so we can make a fire up on the roof." he grabbed his cross bow checking it over as he set it down on the bench "I remember a few 10 MM guns off those raiders, I set everything into a pile so we can just take it all up to the roof. We could makeshift bombs with gun powder, cans, and a few dozen nails."

Walking over to Dip he smiled some at him "Alright Dip was it? You seem like you have a strong stomach want to help me cut up some rad scorpions so we can eat the meat? Also help get some of their venom as well I use it with my crossbow bolts." looking over his shoulder he smirked some "Will that be fair? We gather meat, you guys can get the wood and some loose cans, along with the junk those raiders had. We can then follow Dip here to the roof and relax." his charkams clinked together some as he looked back at Dip "We can use these to cut through their shells and gather their meat."

• Brohoof 1

@FancyHorse @Randimaxis @genessee @Arid_Blitz

It was getting easier to ignore Odair now that Ametrine had decided to think of every word that came out of his mouth as a strange emanation of hot air.  Not that she didn't appreciate the attention.  Still, she was no stranger to stallions (and a mare, on occasion) getting hoovesy with her, and if Odair pushed his luck, she snap an ankle.

"The roof?  That's...actually a pretty good idea.  I remember finding a maintenance stairwell a little bit down the ways.  I don't think we're the first to have this idea, but I'm also pretty damn sure that after that firefight, we're going to be sleeping soundly tonight."

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

On 9/19/2017 at 5:01 PM, genessee said:

"I'll go look for some canned food or something. Don't disappear 'till I get back, okay?" 

"Oh," Dip nodded, "since you got the shutters open, dere's prolly a LOTZA stuff ta get!  You just be careful; dere might be big ol' roaches an' stuff - I mean, it's not like dere's been no Sterminater here in a long, long time!"

Dip liked Lance; he would be a great friend, he was sure of it.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:01 PM, FancyHorse said:

"Thanks kid."

Dip's muzzle lit up with a smile.

"Shucks, you're welcome!  I'm always happy to help out my friends, and you're my friend now!  I'm just pleased as punch dat you feel a whole lots better, is all.  Just gotta make for sure you don't get all shotted-up again, y'know?  I KNOW dat it happens sometimes, but it's okay - as long as you're still alive, you can still live, right?"

There was a warm, delicious feeling in his chest as he talked; it had been so long since he'd found anypony who treated him well, he was in heaven just by having the small, spattered conversation he was having.  Not many folks gave ghouls a chance to explain themselves... they tended to shoot on sight of the poor, half-melted unicorn, regardless of how calmly he approached.

Yet this group hadn't even made any ghoul jokes - heck, except for Lance being a tad worried at first, it was almost as if they didn't even know he was a ghoul in the first place... which, unbeknownst to the rest of the group, was the kindest treatment he'd received in over a century.

23 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

"Alright Dip was it? You seem like you have a strong stomach want to help me cut up some rad scorpions so we can eat the meat? Also help get some of their venom as well I use it with my crossbow bolts. Will that be fair? We gather meat, you guys can get the wood and some loose cans, along with the junk those raiders had. We can then follow Dip here to the roof and relax."

Dip gave his doofy grin.

"Oh BOY!  Radscorpies!?  Dey make GOOD eatin's, yeah!  I had some before, an' dey was tasty as all get-out!  I can help with dat, sure!  Just leave it to me, Oriole!"

3 hours ago, Hazard Time said:

"The roof?  That's...actually a pretty good idea.  I remember finding a maintenance stairwell a little bit down the ways.  I don't think we're the first to have this idea, but I'm also pretty damn sure that after that firefight, we're going to be sleeping soundly tonight."

Dip nodded vigorously.  "Yeah, yeah!  One of DOZE stairwells are what I used to get to da roof... but we gotta take the RIGHT one, 'cuz raiders an' stuff put up lotza pointy sticks in the others - an' dey're sharp, too.  But yeah, once we get Radscorpie Meats, we can go up, up, up to da roof, an' we'll be able to hide, sleep an' watch other passing folks like SPIES!"

The poor stallion couldn't ask for anything more; with these new friends, he felt himself complete.  Or, at least, for the time being - after all, he spent so much time caught up in the moment that he may not even be capable of remembering a better time in his life... but if this was his current fate, then he was determined to see it through.

"Okie dokie lokie, Orville!  We can go get da meats now!"

He smiled broadly at Odair, waiting to be pointed in the right direction.

• Brohoof 1

@Hazard Time @Randimaxis @FancyHorse @Arid_Blitz

Lance, finally somewhat near the group, emptied his hooves over a bench to quickly count out the how much ammunition he had found. To his surprise, some of hit fit into his carbine. "5.56 millimeter works for this carbine. Got it." He also had some 5.56 surplus and some 10 and 12 millimeter ammo. I figure that nobody else around is alive, so I'm not gonna try and be stealthy. "Hey! Guys! I found bullets!" Lance shouted to the group, waving around small boxes and magazines. Various bullets clinked to the ground around him, adding to his obviousness.

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 2

@genessee

"While you're at it announce it to the whole world too." He says giving a light chuckle under his breath. 

@Hazard Time

"Where's that shaft at you mentioned? Lets get going before it gets darker." He says readying his grip on the carry wire he crafted around the tinder at his feet. 

"Making fire is pretty easy, grab some spoil cotton and 9Volt and just rub it..." 

@Randimaxis @Arid_Blitz

Radscropion meat? Not against the idea, he ate much worse before. Living upon edible fungi and even raw bloatsprites... Ah good ole times. Rifle tugged under his other arm he hefted the tinder pile to an upright as he awaited about. 

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

@FancyHorse @Randimaxis @genessee @Hazard Time

Hearing Dip call him two different names he just shook his head chuckling some "It is Odair...and they are out back it's how I got in. They were not much of an issue." hearing Lance calling out on bullets he shouted back "HEY THERE SHOULD BE A SAFE IN THERE LET ME KNOW IF IT NEEDS TO BE UNLOCKED MAYBE MORE STUFF IN IT."  he was pretty sure on the safe, most of these shops probably had a floor safe or a wall safe. May have to later at night come down and see what he could get. That way it would be his...hey what the others didnt know wouldnt hurt them.

"Alright Dip come along." he began to walk towards the back entrance, as he walked he looked around at the stuff on the ground "Dip if you see any unbent cans collect them for me. If we take apart the 10 MM rounds we can make small bombs to help defend the roof. If you want I'll show you how." he came to the back door pushing it open "Alright there should be at least two of them, I'll let you borrow one of my chakrams to cut out the meat. I'll worry about the venom sacs, dont want you getting poisoned on accident."

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis @Arid_Blitz @FancyHorse @genessee

"Oh yeah, I remember those," she addressed the ghoul.  "Thankfully, those are off a little ways.  The one nearby is clear.  I'll secure the roof, unless anypony else wants to come with."  She was already on her way, trekking over towards a small alcove.

Would they even want to hear her story?  They didn't seem to interested in the fact that she had just beaten several raiders to death with her bare hooves, or the little "performance" she gave during her post-battle euphoria.  Maybe it was better to keep some things a secret.  They couldn't treat her like a tool if they didn't know she had her uses.

When she arrived at the stairwell, she shook those thoughts out of her head as she peered into the darkness.  She slowly ascended the steps, her heavy hooves clomping against the concrete like lead weights.  When would she ever figure out that there was no point in her sneaking?  She wasn't good at it.

Finally, she arrived at the roof, several decades of detritus and dust greeting them.  As she suspected, they weren't the first to have this idea, but they were the only ones who had that idea tonight.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

@FancyHorse @Arid_Blitz @Randimaxis

Lance smiled as he got within speaking distance of the group. "I left a bunch of ammo behind if any of you guys want some. There's also probably some in the gun store that I didn't find right away, you're free to go take a look."

@Hazard Time

Lance turned to ask Ametrine if she wanted dibs on any of the loot, but noticed the look on her face as she made her way to the roof. I always had a talent for reading faces. Actually trying to do something about that face, though, I didn't have any skills in. But whatever, might as well go see what's up. He jogged after her, and nearly silently made his way upstairs. After years of avoiding attention had given him pretty decent sneaking skills. Lance got to the stop of the staircase and was immediately ambushed by a cloud of dust to the face, and he began coughing and sputtering.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

"Alright Dip come along."

Dip's grin threatened to have his fool head fall off if it got much bigger.

"Okie dokie lokie!  I'm right a-hind ya, Opie!"

Dip followed Odair to the rear of the mall, and carefully skirted the broken glass on the floor.  

"Dip if you see any unbent cans collect them for me. If we take apart the 10 MM rounds we can make small bombs to help defend the roof. If you want I'll show you how."

OOOOOH!  He was gonna show Dip how to make explosives?  Now THAT sounded like a hoot AND a holler!

"'Splodies?  OH YEAH!  I'd LOVE ta learn ta make 'splodies!  I hadda buncha 'splodies one time, an' when I used 'em to get rid o' the raiders near dat place I was at dat one time, the whole town gave me a big ol' meal!  It had all the stuff they had for, like, a preeninum sale!  Dere was lotsa boxed foods, an' Knobby Froot, an' packin' peanuts, an' even a big ol' pretzel!  It was over two centuries old, but it was NUMMY!  Well," Dip rubbed the back of his head with a hoof, "'smore like I just chood on it 'til it finally gave up an' decided ol' Dip would win the fight!"

Dip loved telling stories - especially to friends, which this gathering of folks DEFINITELY was!

"Alright there should be at least two of them, I'll let you borrow one of my chakrams to cut out the meat. I'll worry about the venom sacs, dont want you getting poisoned on accident."

"Oh, no no no no no!  You ain't gotta do datI know how ta skin 'em!  Watch!  Watch meWatch!"

Dip trotted over to the closest radscorpion corpse, and his horn began to glow that rusty orange color.  From one of his many pockets, a small pen-knife floated into view.  Dip took it and, working quickly and deftly, made short work of the poison sac, even going so far as to cut it free from the moorings of the corpse without spilling a drop.  Bringing it over to Odair, he set it down carefully in front of him.

"See see see!?  I know how to do dat - I was taught by a stallion with a LOOOOOOOOOT of scars an' stuff; he was okay, until the day he got shot-ed-ed in the head by raiders... geez, dat was a BAD day, dere... but, s'okay!  See!?  Not a drop wasted!"

Strangely enough, it was a well-cut piece of Radscorpion meat - maybe Dip DID have a function other than comic relief?

[Perk: IDIOT SAVANT :+5 XP]

"So, Odorous... you a good cook when it comes to makin' radscorpiy steaks, or is somepony else makin' 'em?"

• Brohoof 3

@genessee @Hazard Time

He simply trudged behind them carrying about the tinder in his arms. With Dip and Odair parting on to search for those scorpions . Up to the stairwell Lance was heard coughing as the dust kicked about them. He simply raised his loose bit of shirt to cover his nose as the dust rushed past in frenzy. 

Taking a step ahead past the two as the door opens to the growing darkening sky and lazing sun hidden away by the gloomy atmosphere, he sat down the tinder and rifle now in paws. A decent viewing, Closer to the entrance; he spotted the house he hid earlier stalking his now companions. He cleared his throat a bit feeling an itch, he reached for his canteen taking a short sip hiding his disgust at the metallic taste- he should take advantage and boil it later to clean it. 

"Any burn? Lights?" he asked, "Something to light the tinder?" he asked his rooftop companions.

• Brohoof 2

@FancyHorse@Hazard Time @genessee @Randimaxis

As they were walking Odair heard Dip just ramble on, he was speaking of using explosions to help with raiders. After the raiders were gone they gave him all kinds of food that he could barely chew through it seemed "Well, I guess they figured you were a ghoul and the food wouldnt hurt you." as the other seemed to stop with a goofy smile he just sighed a bit before chuckling "I know how Ghouls get the raw end of the deal most days, they dont deserve to be treated roughly." the other seemed happy about learning to make bombs and nodded "It's not all that hard, when I was in a caravan they taught me a lot about making things from scrap, bombs from spare ammo we didnt need to use and all that."

The smell from the radscorpions being cut into by Dip made him smile, the other was pretty good at cutting off even the venom sacs, setting it before him along with some meat asking if he knew how to cook it "Indeed I do Dip I know how to cook up the radscorpion meat, make it nice and tender. I could even make some jerky from it, when you are on the road all the time like I was with a caravan, one doesnt stop till about nightfall. So eating on the go was a regular thing nothing that needed to be cooked and can last for days or weeks." Taking out of a jar filled about halfway with a weird liquid mixture in it, a weird green color with flecks of red in it. Opening the jar an aroma came from it which smelled worse then a carcass left out in the sun for a few days "This is going to smell but, its a home brew mix of venom and other ingredients."

Taking the sac up he began to carefully drain the venom into the jar, when he was done he closed it up before giving the jar a shake mixing it up as the liquid almost seemed like a jelly really. "There we go, if we stick together after today Dip want me to make you a crossbow? This stuff as well so you can protect yourself, this mixture is strong enough to drop a Bramin in seconds."

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@FancyHorse @Hazard Time

Lance continued to attempt to wave away the cloud of dust around his head (and almost fell back down the stairs in the process) and, after a couple seconds of this, finally was able to reply to Fallskir. 

"I thought-- *cough* --Dip was going to bring up a lighter or matches. Do you want to go down there and ask or should I?"

After asking this, he glanced over at the sunset. It's been so long since I've seen the sunset. You know, it's kind of nice. Besides the scorching heat at day and apparently bandits everywhere, I think this is going to work out fine. Lance smiled for what seemed like the first time today. I should try thinking like that more often.

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 3

@genessee @Arid_Blitz @Randimaxis @Hazard Time

He dropped the tinder onto the gravel and grim. He shouldered back his rifle again with his  free paws turning back to the door. 

"I'll head down to em. Or I'll fine my own." He says to him making his way onto the steps and back down to the mall floor. Turned about, vaulting from a rail carefully ahead to the rear side of the mall, his rifle swaying about in motion as he strode along; his paws rummaging into his rucksack for one of his earlier items. Grabbing just what he wanted to the old HolotapePlayer. Pressing the opening slot- there was one already inside?

Pulling out- seemed intact? Equestrians did make items just right to survive to antiquity. His paws wiping away the centuries of dust at its face cover. 

UNDERGROUNDZ BEATZ - NEW AGE

"Geoffry would love this kinda beat."

Hm, doesn't sound like one of the more well known names? Doesn't have that brand name like classic swings or jazz. And it was no DJPON3. He took a moment- looked about the place- Aha! Just ahead to the left hand side. The cage door having detached with the security overide he pushed it open to the small electronics store- some kinda radio hut? Small bobbles like radio parts- wiring- but most importantly. 

"Come here." He muttered under his breath nabbing a pair of blocky looking ear wraps- fit for both pony and dog alike. He'd at least see if it worked. Inserted and fusion cell replaced thanks to the convenient spot he gave a pause before pushing play.

A build up to a rhythmic keyboard with sample basses- emiiting a nod from the wild dog. 

"It's something fresh- something new."

It's a building of shelved memories- sated back by curiosity. Blazing synths and echoing drums unlike nothing the antiquated residents cherished as real music- refusing to move on. He felt the old spirit burning in his itching feet- a slide of the foot despite his aching joints and weathered condition. And as he was to begin a loud feedback and loud yelp as he yanked them out of his ears.

The blasted thing shorted out... 

His ears drooping and a frown. 

He stowed it away in his back after pressing the pause function wadding up the earbuds- disappointment replaced with simple rationality. 

"Broken antique." He muttered as he approached the exit door seeing the scuttling two figures carving about the various arachnids- large ones. His fur a bit on edge even just look at the dead ones. Though no stranger himself to snacking on one. 

"Mall has everything too- and fresh scorpion too." He says approaching to them. 

• Brohoof 4

On 10/12/2017 at 1:59 AM, Arid_Blitz said:

"I know how Ghouls get the raw end of the deal most days, they dont deserve to be treated roughly."

Dip shook his head.

"Aww, no - dey don't mean anyfin by it!  Dey's just as scared as I is - an' dey got no idea if I'mma good one or a bad one, so I get it when dey throw rocks an' knives an' stuff at me 'n' tell me to go 'way.  Dey don't mean no harm... I know dat!"

He smiled as though he thought Odair had been trying to joke with him - he honestly wasn't gonna let ANTHING get him down.  Dip watched as his friend (YAY, friends!) added the radscorpion venom to his mixing jar... gee, it suuuuuure looked like some yummy jelly in there, I tell you what!  Though he was told it was poison, Dip couldn't help but feel like something with THAT much color in it HAD to be jelly - TASTY jelly, if the way Odair had carefully added more offered any indication.

Dip resolved that he was gonna taste that jelly.  Hopefully sooner than later.

He nod-nodded as his friend spoke on about cooking up the meat, and it sounded like he really DID know the joys of cooking - which was good, as Dip knew very little about cooking food... hence the half-eaten box of mixy-stuff he'd been idly munching on for days now.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:59 AM, Arid_Blitz said:

"There we go, if we stick together after today Dip want me to make you a crossbow? This stuff as well so you can protect yourself, this mixture is strong enough to drop a Bramin in seconds."

Dip gave a thoughtful look - the one where his tongue stuck out of the hole in his cheek - and gave a slight nod.

"Maaaaaaaay-beeeeeeee, Odderick - maybe I really does needs a crossin'bow?  Okie dokie lokie!  I'mma be oh so good at helping out, and den, I gets a crossin'bow!  You folks are so really super ultra very very nice!"

Dip looked as though he'd shake himself apart from excitement alone.

On 10/17/2017 at 1:01 AM, FancyHorse said:

"Mall has everything too- and fresh scorpion too."

Dip looked back, his smile redoubling.

"Yeah - it had errything back when it was new, too!  Dere was all sortsa stuff back den!  Dese stores were kinda... uhhh, 'junk shops', which is what Mama called 'em."

He stood up from his last scorpion tail, dropped the meat next to Odair, then turned back to face Fallskir.

"O-Bla-Di sez we oughtta have Radscorpie Steaks soon - boy oh boy, DAT'LL be a real hoot of a treat!  An' I even gots some Sparkle Cola we can all split!  Won't dat be funny-fun?  I think it'll be SO funny-fun!  I can hardly waits!"

• Brohoof 3