Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do ya think the season 7 finale might be about?

FlareGun45

Since it won't be too long till the finale's synopsis, now might be the best time to theorize what the finale might be! 

Now it really might have something to do with Starlight, obviously, unless whatever's happening in the finale leads into the movie. But the way I see it, I thought of two different possibilities for this finale:

1. Starlight is destined to become a princess, but she doesn't want to, so she decides to leave Ponyville. That is, until she discovers the new big baddie (probably Grogar). That's as far as I got with that.

2. Grogar brainwashes Twilight into being his new servant, so now it's up to Starlight to stop him, and also try to get Twilight out of the spell she's on, by doing probably the same thing that happened in Friendship Games. Sunset was reformed by Twilight, and Sunset returns the favor; and now it is Starlight's turn! 

So those are my two theories. What do you think is gonna happen? 

After the premieres, Celestial Advice and All Bottled Up, I'm hoping they do another Slice Of Life finale ala Best Night Ever 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

After the premieres, Celestial Advice and All Bottled Up, I'm hoping they do another Slice Of Life finale ala Best Night Ever 

I want a 3-parter finale! :D That would be different, and really cool! That would be a whole long story! But hey, ya could be right! 

Part of my first idea, Starlight running away from princesshood, that could be a good 1-parter slice of life finale! It would make her different from others - not accept her destiny, and would prefer a new one! That would be an interesting moral - that you are in charge of your own destiny, and that nopony can tell you otherwise! 

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

Well since people have been saying the theme of this season is family than I guess it's gonna be about that pony's family heritage from the comic. Since they did say the comics are gonna tie into the season.

• Brohoof 2

The return of Queen Chrysalis given how much continuity we have been getting this season, and possibly having her team up with another villain.

Such as The Pony of Shadows who was confirmed to be in this season, or Tirek, which given the theme of family for this season, could allow for the introduction of Scorpan as a character in the flesh to help take the two down.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight stepping down as the central character and Starlight becoming the new central character, Twilight lack of appearances seem to show it and even when she did show, she doesn't really have a major role in it and also Starlight defeating Chrysalis once and for all, I don't think redeeming herself is an option.

(edited)

I'm guessing it'll have something to do with Chrysalis returning for revenge. Though, if the comic tie-ins are any indication it may have something to do with this guy:

59223773a930d_1427547__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comic53_spoile-lon-s07_alicorn_idw_pony_spoiler_unknownpony_unknownspecies.png.b42ac0ba8b0e48d96b1e58dcb443fea4.png

Maybe a team up with Chrysalis with him inevitably hijacking the plot? 

Personally, all I want is another Twilight's Kingdom. I've been waiting almost 3 seasons to see it replicated, and this seems like the best chance of that happening.

Edited by BadHorse
  • Brohoof 3

Given the last episode with starlight being called by the map, my guess is starlight gets a throne/EOH, and the villain is just a backdrop to how she is able to get it/earn it.

Possibly someone that chrysalis lets out of tartarus or something for revenge on starlight.

• Brohoof 1

Who knows. I'm starting to think Chrysy won't be attempting to fulfill her revenge during this season, so it might be Shadowlock's ancestor, assuming he doesn't appear in Daring Done as implied in an early synopsis of it :huh: 

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Who knows. I'm starting to think Chrysy won't be attempting to fulfill her revenge during this season, so it might be Shadowlock's ancestor, assuming he doesn't appear in Daring Done as implied in an early synopsis of it :huh: 

Yeah I agree. It feels too soon for Chrysy to come back. Her coming back this soon would be too expecting.

3 hours ago, BadHorse said:

I'm guessing it'll have something to do with Chrysalis returning for revenge. Though, if the comic tie-ins are any indication it may have something to do with this guy:

59223773a930d_1427547__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comic53_spoile-lon-s07_alicorn_idw_pony_spoiler_unknownpony_unknownspecies.png.b42ac0ba8b0e48d96b1e58dcb443fea4.png

Maybe a team up with Chrysalis with him inevitably hijacking the plot? 

Personally, all I want is another Twilight's Kingdom. I've been waiting almost 3 seasons to see it replicated, and this seems like the best chance of that happening.

My bet is for that. Perhaps Shadow Lock's ancestor is the Pony of Shadows. 

I do like the idea of Grogar since I've been chomping at the bit since 2014 to see him added to the FiM canon. 

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I do like the idea of Grogar since I've been chomping at the bit since 2014 to see him added to the FiM canon. 

If done right, Grogar could potentially end up being the MLP equivalent of Darkseid.

Though, him showing up in the series will probably depend on whether the namedrop in that book in Flurry of Emotion was foreshadowing or not.

• Brohoof 1

The main characters (mane six + Starlight + Spike + others later) throw a party celebrating their achievements. It gets rowdy. Neighbors complain. The end.

Hey, I can dream, right? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Celli said:

I would like to see an episode in the vein of Best Night Ever.

I agree.

It would be a nice change of pace if the Season 7 Finale was like it's premier & was more "Slice of Life" based

& less "Powerful Villain threatening Equestria!" based.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
11 hours ago, Celli said:

I would like to see an episode in the vein of Best Night Ever.

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree.

It would be a nice change of pace if the Season 7 Finale was like it's premier & was more "Slice of Life" based

& less "Powerful Villain threatening Equestria!" based.

I really, REALLY, hate this mentality.

The premieres and finales are one of the rare occasions the show has to explore high-stake conflicts, and better utilize the show's fantasy elements. They are a huge part of what makes FIM more than just a generic slice-of-life show for toddlers.

Right now, you two are practically saying you WANT the show to be less exciting.

Edited by BadHorse
  • Brohoof 1

I hope thay do something involving chrysalis like maybe a direct conflict between chrysalis and starlight.Just as long as we dont wined up with a reformed chrysalis 

23 minutes ago, BadHorse said:

The premieres and finales are one of the rare occasions the show has to explore high-stake conflicts, and better utilize the show's fantasy elements. They are a huge part of what makes FIM more than just a generic slice-of-life show for toddlers.

Right now, you two are practically saying you WANT the show to be less exciting.

Ok? What's the problem with wanting a low key finale for once?

I'm frankly tired of the "big scale save the world and the remane 5 and princesses are reduced to useless bait or captive" thanks very much.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, BadHorse said:

While I get that you might feel left out right now, I think there's a lot more to this show than the action episodes, and I honestly feel the two-parters have become quite rote and tiresome. I'm only really excited by them anymore when they incorporate some neat character work or a lot of humour, and I still think the S1 finale is the best of the lot. Something like that would excite me a lot more than an adventure two-parter, to be honest. 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

While I get that you might feel left out right now, I think there's a lot more to this show than the action episodes, and I honestly feel the two-parters have become quite rote and tiresome. I'm only really excited by them anymore when they incorporate some neat character work or a lot of humour, and I still think the S1 finale is the best of the lot. Something like that would excite me a lot more than an adventure two-parter, to be honest. 

This, thank you so much! Just a simple, slice of life episode with some light humor.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

This, thank you so much! Just a simple, slice of life episode with some light humor.

I'm not sure "light" humour is what I want - shenanigans like "The Best Night Ever" would be fun. But yes, a relatively simple slice-of-life with a humour focus is exactly what I want. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Celli @AlexanderThrond @BadHorse

I agree with what AlexanderThrond said as I also feel that the two part finales and premiers have also become tiresome and in a sense predictable.

Maybe, just give the BIG finale's a break for *one* Season, who knows they may surprise you. 

What I liked about the two-parters in season 6 was that they expended all of their energy on character work. I'd be fine with that, but putting that same level of character work in something more laid back would be a lot more refreshing. 

• Brohoof 2