Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Musical tastes

Soma O)))

(edited)

So here's the Dealio and I'm sure there's already been threads like this and I'll probably be told that and this will end up referred to that.

Please, I'm not being a jerk.

What kind of music are you generally listening to. If you could have only that genre which includes it's specific subgenres.

Me I'd say ambient. Then I have everything from Brian Eno to scorn. Lull to Roger Eno. Etc etc

Edited by Soma O)))

I find myself listening to every genre but I tend lean less toward metal and rock. On the other hand, I do really enjoy chillstep.

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear, sweet Luna...

My father had an extremely broad musical palette, and he passed that along to me.

I prefer the ROCK genre, specifically anything from the Classic Rock/Oldies genre.

However, I also have scattered interests in Folk, Techno, Motown, Disco, Novelty, Punk, Metal, and even a touch of Dubstep.

Also, for the record, I absolutely adore a decent remix.

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy...funk, jazz fusion, metal (funk, heavy, power, speed), new wave, rock (instrumental, prog, psychedelic), and also classical.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite genres are various forms of rock - Soft rock (70s only - 80s soft rock is generally dull IMO), psychedelic rock, progressive rock, and of course brass rock- soul/r&b from the 60s and 70s, British Folk/Rock, Early Music (Medieval and Renaissance) and Classical (Baroque, Classic, and French Impressionism primarily).

Always been a fan of metal and rock, especially from the 80s, though I'm also fond of techno, jazz and 80s pop music

• Brohoof 2

It's gotta be rock n' roll music, if you wanna dance with me. Just take those old records off the shelf, I'll sit and listen to them by myself. I love rock n' roll, so put another dime in the jukebox baby. Roll over beethoven, dig these rhythm and blues. 

• Brohoof 2

Iron Maiden, and only Iron Maiden. :nom:

Well, not really. But, yeah, I'm more of a heavy metal guy. Preferably classic, power, progressive, and trash. :adorkable:

Also dig classic rock. c:

• Brohoof 5

17 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Oh dear, sweet Luna...

My father had an extremely broad musical palette, and he passed that along to me.

I prefer the ROCK genre, specifically anything from the Classic Rock/Oldies genre.

However, I also have scattered interests in Folk, Techno, Motown, Disco, Novelty, Punk, Metal, and even a touch of Dubstep.

Also, for the record, I absolutely adore a decent remix.

Ahh this is nice. See I myself adore hands/artists like CCR, The Animals, Joan Baez and The Doors. Pink Floyd has been my all time favorite for years. I also love indiepop and slowcore like the antlers or snowmine. Synthwave and vaporwave are nice. Really music is nice.

• Brohoof 2

99% of what I listen too is heavy metal. And it has many, many sub-genres:

• Thrash: Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, Kreator, Megadeth, 
  • Post-Thrash/ Groove Metal: Machine Head, Fear Factory, Lamb Of God, Pantera, Soulfly
  • Melodic Death Metal: Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Amon Amarth, At The Gates 
  • Power Metal: Sabaton, Stratovarius, Dragonforce, Iced Earth, Symphony X
  • Metalcore/New Wave Of American Metal: Trivium, As I Lay Dying, 36 Crazyfists, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall
  • New Wave Of British Heavy Metal: Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Grim Reaper

Although from time to time I do find myself listening to alt.rock, post punk, post hardcore, post grunge, and on rare occasions stuff like smooth jazz, fast techno/EDM, & ambient chill out. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

hip-hop / rap appeal to me the most but i can listen to pretty much anything. i tend to avoid country/rock but sometimes a song or 2 from those genres will pull me in. as long as it sounds good it's alright with me. i usually enjoy lyricists but i don't mind a couple of "mumble rappers" either unless the song is complete garbage. for example lil yachty actually has a couple of tracks i enjoy surprisingly after giving him a shot from a different perspective. 

Edited by Guac
  • Brohoof 1

I like:

• Metal (especially Melodic Death and Progressive Metal)
  • Rock (mostly Prog Rock and Alternative Rock)
  • Melodic EDM (Uplifting Trance, Progressive House, Melodic D&B ...)
  • Ethno, New Age, Chill Out (like Enigma, Schiller or Tangerine Dream)

Sometimes, I also listen other music, but these are the typical musical styles I hear.

• Brohoof 1

I only listen to metal. Mostly melodic, prog, or black metal, and maybe some deathcore on the side. (Insomnium, Amon Amarth, Trivium, Be'lakor, Fallujah, Dream Theater, Persefone, Rings of Saturn, Thy Art is Murder, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nile, Shade Emire, etc etc.)

• Brohoof 2

I really love calming ambient music but then I also really enjoy exiteing techno/trance music and it's more exciting for me when it's fast. I also play soundtracks that I've listened to before in my head to mach the environment around me. Also when I'm listening to music I imagine a music video in my head that is generated to perfectly sync with the music. I could literally create my own music videos if I had some sort of device that could read my thoughts and uploaded them to a computer in the format of a video file. :)