Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OCD/ mental tics

Zyrael

I am autistic and as a result I think I have bits of different issues, with occassional OCD, and nervous ticks, among other stims as well. Lottsa weird stuff with my mind. That is putting it lightly.

(edited)

Dissociative disorder, ADD, CDD, FTD, AC/DC, manic depression, schizophrenia, autism, etc. Our genealogy is characterized by mental illness, due to the abuse of life down the previous generations.

I experience various symptoms related to the aforementioned conditions. The thought process can disable a faulty synapsis from triggering conflicted areas within the brain, by partly isolating the cerebellum. Otherwise I would experience cyclic degradation and dementia, due to nervous response excess. Being the only drawback, a lacking sense of self, need and desire. I feel self-contained regardless of external conditions.

Which explains the hermetic-occultism that took root within my family. Damaged life forms and dissociative psychosis, either through belief, cult or religion.

My understanding of the mind comes from experiencing my own, allowing comprehension of life.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I'm not sure about Asperger's, as my therapist says I might have been misdiagnosed. But, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I have ADHD/ADD, OCD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. There's also the possibility that I have Avoidant personality Disorder. (AvPD)

I used to have a bad obsessive compulsive disorder but I have it under control now. It's been a lot better once I got older and had more say in my own life. When I was younger and couldn't be as active as I needed to be and didn't have the freedom to pursue the goals necessary to keep my attention where it belonged, I just stewed in my own mental juices and that was not a good recipe for a healthy mind. 

My brain was like an enemy inside my own head and it seemed like it had me trapped. But when it started going out of control, making me think I was screwed no matter what I did, I therefore figured I might as well not worry about it, and did what I wanted. When nothing bad happened it had no power over me, and it got better as I kept practicing this way of thinking, and soon I gained perspective enough to take control. 

(edited)

I haven't gotten formally diagnosed with anything, but I do strongly believe if I were, I'd probably be diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. From what I've read and researched, it would make perfect sense for reasons I've posted on this forum, including the fact I have nervous tics.

Edited by Squirrel Luigi
Grammar :P

• 1 year later...

I don't have any major mental health issues, except for little nervous/anxious ticks and perhaps very mild OCD. :mlp_huh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all good children go to heaven. Think about fighting with your own thoughts at every turn. OCD makes a mess, compressed in thoughts of fiction 

Edited by Olly

I have Asperger's Syndrome as well as ADHD and OCD - which I'm currently on medication for, due to it getting really bad. I experience a lot of nervous ticks and whatnot, on account for my anxiety. 

I struggle with panic disorder, major depressive disorder, insomnia, and borderline personality disorder. I take medication for all of these disorders.

Other than a lot of anxiety, I have something called misophonia, which is an extreme hatred of certain sounds. I also think I might have some sort of OCD, because I have to do certain tapping paterns sometimes to avoid feeling uncomfortable. Also, for example, if I tounch the fingers on my right hand with my left, I have to do the same thing except the other way around. 

Edited by SoftHive/Apriline

Does having OCD tics around stupid people counts? 

Edited by TBD