Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anyone here who still hates Equestria Girls?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

17 minutes ago, Road R said:

Remember when I said I'll do a review after watching the movie? I made the video, but I'm worried about anti bronies sending me death threats. So I'm contiplating if I should post it anyway.

Post it. Report any Anti Brony threats to the appropriate authorities.

I've never seen any of the EQG movies, so I can't say either way- but at this time I have no desire to watch them. I admit that it's fun to see FiM characters humanized (I really like Starlight's EQG design), and Sunset looks like a character I might actually like and would find interesting (on that note, the idea of seeing Sunset meet Starlight almost got me to watch Mirror Magic). But apart from that, the fact that it's a high school drama causes me to lose any possible interest. And the very idea of Flash Sentry is enough to keep me away on its own.

Maybe, maybe if I watched one of the movies, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it looks to me. But for now, I have no desire to find out either way.

(edited)

If not the first Equestria Girls movie, then most likely I wouldn't be here where I am now.

I think this argument is enough to state, that I love these.

Literally, Equestria Girls was the first MLP content I ever saw -  that's also a long story..
I really loved that movie and its songs instantly got stuck in my head. It's definitely my favorite movie of all of these. That's where I started; it already has that nostalgic feel for me.
That's true the movie is kind of silly, but it shows everything the show is about - that made me hooked and that's why I've decided to watch ponies.

I also love Rainbow Rocks, though as for the next parts - I think there's too much science going on here. Either way, I still love these, the first two movies have a great value for me.

Edited by Rikifive

26 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

I've never seen any of the EQG movies, so I can't say either way- but at this time I have no desire to watch them. I admit that it's fun to see FiM characters humanized (I really like Starlight's EQG design), and Sunset looks like a character I might actually like and would find interesting (on that note, the idea of seeing Sunset meet Starlight almost got me to watch Mirror Magic). But apart from that, the fact that it's a high school drama causes me to lose any possible interest. And the very idea of Flash Sentry is enough to keep me away on its own.

Maybe, maybe if I watched one of the movies, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it looks to me. But for now, I have no desire to find out either way.

I'm used to high school-cliched stories, but it's the interactions between the characters that make me enjoy these spin-off films!

I think Flash Sentry is just fine! At least, he's a nice guy with his morals in the right place, unlike other good-looking guys who turn out to be jerks! I won't hate you for not liking the guy, though!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'm used to high school-cliched stories, but it's the interactions between the characters that make me enjoy these spin-off films!

I think Flash Sentry is just fine! At least, he's a nice guy with his morals in the right place, unlike other good-looking guys who turn out to be jerks! I won't hate you for not liking the guy, though!

I think that's my biggest reason for having had no desire to watch them so far. The real issue for me has been the fact that the characters are teenage girls, and I've always been afraid that they're basically going to act like... well, teenagers. At school. With forced romance thrown in. If, say, the Mane Six still act like themselves, maybe I'd be fine with it. But since I've never seen any EQG movies, I've never known the answer. I've only seen bits and pieces. Also... while I'm okay with the singing on FiM, for some reason it really doesn't appeal to me in EQG and, dare I say, comes off as the slightest bit cheesy to me on top of that...

It's not the character himself that I have a problem with. It's the idea of forced romance between him and Twilight. Ugh. (I cringe just thinking about it). Or, romance at all, for that matter. I'm okay with romance in some things if it's written well, but NOT in MLP.

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

I think that's my biggest reason for having had no desire to watch them so far. The real issue for me has been the fact that the characters are teenage girls, and I've always been afraid that they're basically going to act like... well, teenagers. At school. With forced romance thrown in. If, say, the Mane Six still act like themselves, maybe I'd be fine with it. But since I've never seen any EQG movies, I've never known the answer. I've only seen bits and pieces. Also... while I'm okay with the singing on FiM, for some reason it really doesn't appeal to me in EQG and, dare I say, comes off as the slightest bit cheesy to me...

It's not the character himself that I have a problem with. It's the idea of forced romance between him and Twilight. Ugh. Or, romance at all, for that matter. I'm okay with romance in some things if it's written well, but NOT in MLP.

How to respond without spoiling details? I know, how about this:

I can safely say that romance is NOT the focus of this spin-off series. Any romance is just a tease that adds up to like one minute of screentime per film. 

This EQG spin-off series still has the theme of friendship being an important thing to have, just like its main show.

Does that give you SOME understanding?

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

The first one is very generic and cliched (albeit less so than several other high school dramas) but the series gets more interesting with each movie and it becomes more of a fantasy but with humans instead of ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate the EQG franchise, but I'm not a "fan" of it either.

I enjoyed RR and found LOE to be intriguing. On the other hand, I HATED EQG 1 and 3, and found the recent specials to be a drastic step down from LOE. Additionally, they STILL have yet to really differentiate the human mane six much from the Pony mane six, apart from twilight: this is something I really think the specials could benefit from, as the differences between Human twilight and pony twilight make them feel fresh and different, giving the series a feel of a reason to exist besides just "HUMANS".

They need to pick things up if they want it to feel like its a legitimate series and not just a parasite on Pony, IMO.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

How to respond without spoiling details? I know, how about this:

I can safely say that romance is NOT the focus of this spin-off series. Any romance is just a tease that adds up to like one minute of screentime per film. 

This EQG spin-off series still has the theme of friendship being an important thing to have, just like its main show.

Does that give you SOME understanding?

It actually does. I have to admit- you're almost causing me to reconsider my decision to never even consider watching EQG.

Still two things that don't sit well with me are... well, as I said before, partly the singing. I mean, is it a song here and there, or is it constant? Because I'm just not into shows with a lot of singing.

Also... I don't know how to ask this without it sounding wrong. But I guess I'm gonna have to try. So... how, um... girly is it? I mean, it's a show about a group of teenage girls at school. FiM may be considered girly in some way by some people, but honestly, it really never comes off that way to me. EQG is different, and from the bits and pieces I've seen of it, it really feels like it's almost entirely targeted at the younger female population. Or maybe it's just the overall concept?

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to ask. I really don't know how else to put that question. :/

14 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

The first one is very generic and cliched (albeit less so than several other high school dramas) but the series gets more interesting with each movie and it becomes more of a fantasy but with humans instead of ponies.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Post it. Report any Anti Brony threats to the appropriate authorities.

But its going to be on youtube. many youtubers are anonymous.