Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think of HUGS?

Randimaxis

It's an easy question, I suppose:

How do you feel about hugs - like between friends, y'know?

Say, like, do you have issues platonically hugging someone of the same gender, or would you rather stick to hugs from ONLY trusted friends, or are you like Pinkie Pie and believe that hugs are welcome to and from EVERYPONY?

Maybe you just... don't hug well? Maybe you're that one person who stealth-attack hugs other folks? Maybe you find them childish and unnecessary, or perhaps your day just doesn't start right without a hug?

What's your personal take on the matter?

• Brohoof 2

Aren't Hugs those little drink you give kids... those are awesome.

As for the other kind... I am not huggable. I am working on that side of me, but currently I don't give or receive them.

• Brohoof 5

People assume I'm gay in my school. I don't hug at my school, or I try to avoid it. I'm just the local "dealer" and usually not friend material. But I don't snitch unless it directly effects me. I don't tell people of the names I deal with. You can trust me.  Vote (name private) as best dealer. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't really like physical contact. But I sometimes hug family and friends because it is expected. Otherwise, I'll avoid it. I don't even like shaking hands.

Seeing as I'm attracted to the same gender that clearly isn't something that bothers me because they're the same gender or anything.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I don't platonically hug other guys very much, besides family. I do have more female friends than male friends, and they tend to be fine with platonic hugs. So I don't really mind hugs at all.

• Brohoof 2

I'm shy about hugs just because I never know if the other person is the type to want to hug, but I personally don't mind small hugs with friends or family members I'm not familiar with. I'm not interested in hugging random old guys who are strangers and people of that nature, but if a friendly person who I have at least basic knowledge of wants to hug then I certainly don't mind. But really close and cuddly hugs are reserved only for special people. ;)

• Brohoof 5

It's not something I do very often, only ever with family members really. That being said, I do occasionally do the "handshake and hug" with my best friend after not having seen one another for some time. 

• Brohoof 3

I love hugs! I give them all the time. I hug guests at work, I hug my plushies, friends and family, hugs for everyone! I don't mind platonic hugs with the same gender because it's not like a kiss; it's just a nice step up from a handshake and a token of harmless affection. Hugs have a little something extra without going too far, so I'm definitely a hugger. :pinkie: 

• Brohoof 5

I don't mind hugging anyone regardless of who they are, but they have to be the initiator. If they don't ask for it, I won't hug them.

As for my family members, hugs are perfectly fine. It is a common thing in my family.:fluttershy:

• Brohoof 4

I am very weird* with physical contact beyond the standard "bro-type" actions (hand clasp + bro hug, for example), however if I am close with someone (on a friendship basis) I will be more physical with them (one handed hug shrouded with a comical statement so as to not come off as the over-emotional/sentimental spaz that I am o.o).

Being hugged by others is still in the weird* area for me, though. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Cube said:

I'm shy about hugs just because I never know if the other person is the type to want to hug, but I personally don't mind small hugs with friends or family members I'm not familiar with. I'm not interested in hugging random old guys who are strangers and people of that nature, but if a friendly person who I have at least basic knowledge of wants to hug then I certainly don't mind. But really close and cuddly hugs are reserved only for special people. ;)

This sums me up pretty well. I'm not that good at picking up 'hug signals' from people I'm not especially close to, so unless they are obvious about it, I won't initiate. When I went to my two Pony Cons it seemed a hella more likely to be able to pick up on that and that reminds me ... 

I'm also somewhat awkward if a person who wants a hug and we've never met face to face, which was also something that a few people may have noticed on my first visit to BABSCon. 

Now if you are family or a close friend ... the hug is not only genuine but almost tailored to the person. 

37 minutes ago, Nebula Wolf said:

It's not something I do very often, only ever with family members really. That being said, I do occasionally do the "handshake and hug" with my best friend after not having seen one another for some time. 

Yep. This is my default move with some people. 

• Brohoof 5

I hug for several reasons; to congratulate someone on a special occasion, to comfort someone, or to show them that I appreciate them, whether that means I like them, up to being in love with them or that they're important to me. I do feel cold if I really want to hug someone but can't for whatever reason.

I also only hug if I'm comfortable in doing so with such person.

If I love someone, I'm constantly touching them or at least would want to :please: .

• Brohoof 2

I don't exactly hug anyone unless it is my mom, so with almost anyone else I am probably very, very awkward. XD Depends on the person I guess. My boyfriend I would be totally fine with of course and probably very close friends and only if they initiate it. 

I heard that it is good for women health to get a hug everyday. I have had a hug from someone almost everyday that I can recall but I don't know for sure. 

I personally love hugs, and accept them from pretty much anyone. Unless I don't like them or they are my ex, I would take a hug from anyone really.

• Brohoof 1

I will hug anybody as long as they are not fugly, gross, or have bad body odor /)^3^(\

Hugs are the best. I would hug ponies, I would hug people (dudes and chicks of all ages), I would hug animals, and I would hug stuffed animals; In fact, as I type this message, I am getting major urges to hug my adorable Pichu & Espurr plushies which are sitting right next to my (also adorable) pink 12'' macbook.

So basically, I am a "hug-a-holic" and if you don't watch out, I might, key word "might" just end up hugging YOU too

o,o

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could get more hugs. I crave physical contact and intimacy but being a dude, other dudes dont like to do it. Dudes hugging dudes creeps dudes out so dudes dont hug dudes.