Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think of HUGS?

Randimaxis

I love hugs :) I'd gladly hug my friends and all for ages, same with someone I just met. However, most people don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do so I don't get to hug people that often.. I'm pretty open to most physical contact to be honest. I've had a "free hugs and kisses" sign at conventions where I got kisses from strangers, I don't mind at all. In fact, I like it :P

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ThunderCrush said:

I'm always in need of hugs, but I only has a pillow to suffice. Of course my dashie avatar gives me hugs, but the are not the same.

I'm always here to give you hugs x3 *hugs you* 

• Brohoof 1

Getting hugged by a random stranger out of nowhere... awkward and suspicious behavior.

Getting hugged by people who have earned my trust and respect... Ok I suppose, but still awkward so no hugs are necessary.

Getting hugged by people who are my friends and family... I take comfort in their hugs so I'm cool with them.

Hugs are weird. We're Humans, not Teddy Bears.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Eh. There's quite a few types of hugs. Bro hugs are pretty common, and I don't mind, as long as we're both cool with it.

I haven't hugged a girl in a while. Outside of my family, that is. The last time I think was when I was leaving basic training. :v

I like hugs. I just don't get them very often.

• Brohoof 1

If I can avoid them, I do. I try to only hug my wife because I’m awkward about hugging other people. Sadly, this makes me a target for hugs because people who like giving hugs feel the need to try and make us non-hug lovers try and love hugs.

I'm not comfortable getting hugs from anyone unless I actually want to be hugged by them.  I think it's more of a trust thing than anything.  Last time someone hugged me was when I was working at this store and one of the managers were really "huggy", he loved hugging everyone and anyone.  I honestly felt uncomfortable with him hugging me but I never complained about it because he was a manager.  So when I left the place, he was the only one that I "let" hug me even though I refused everyone else that asked.  If I say no to you it's because I'm comfortable enough around you to set boundaries and I value you more than someone that I just let randomly hug me.  If I initiate a hug, it's basically the same thing but I'll always ask, I'm just comfortable enough around people that I want to hug and I trust them.  Though I have let a few people randomly hug me, simply by telling them that they can, if they wanted to but that was back in high school.

I loveee hugs! And I often hug people as a thank you for something they did for me, or as a simple sign of affection if I like them. Hugs are amazing and warm, and I don't mind having physical contact with my friends (this sounds weirder than it should) lol. :mlp_please:

However, I hate it when people from my family touch me. Much less hug or (probably worse) kiss me. I don't feel that level on confort with pretty much no one of them. And yes, I don't feel comfortable with someone I'm not at least somwhat close to touching me.

I don't mind hugs with close friends and family. Hugs can be a good thing, especially for a friend that is down or something. For strangers, a handshake will do.

I'm not much of a hugger. Which makes it all the more strange just how often I end up hugging. I have a cousin who hugs me incessantly (I think she likes to get a reaction out of me) and there's a girlfriend I hug a lot. I don't go out of my way to initiate a hug, but for some reason I still get hugged often, which is strange considering my personality. 

I love hugs! :mlp_yeehaa:

But I prefer hugs and other physical gestures of affection to be with people I'm actually close with. Otherwise it can feel like an awkward gesture. One of the most awkward gestures I find is when someone greets/says goodbye with the whole kiss on the cheek thing.