Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think of HUGS?

Randimaxis

I must be a funny sort of hug magnet. 

So do you know how to determine if someone is ok with hugging? 

Just open up your arms wide and if they do the same then its ok. 

I do it all the time and have never had any negative reaction. 

I love to hug. Its shows you care and is a sign of affection. 

My horse gives hugs too.  She will also try to give you a kiss but most think she is going to bite them LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I reserve my hugs only for people who are special to me...like close friends and family. The only person who has really seen my super huggy lovey dovey cuddly touchy feely side would be my boyfriend. :twismile:

Already posted here, but I say it depends. I like hugging with close friends and the closer members of my family, but other than that, not really. Hugs are nice, but they're really awkward with people I'm not particularly close to.:mlp_huh:

With one exception of course... :wub: I can't wait to be touchy and feely with him :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
(edited)

Ye they are nice from most ppl tho some ppl have bad technique haha

I thought it was an acronym with it in all caps ;P

Edited by flurry

• 4 months later...

I get hugged a lot by one of my close relatives. She's one of those relentless huggers you hear about. I never give hugs to anyone on my own though. I'm just not like that. I can tolerate receiving them, and sometimes it's even nice, but I don't make a point of seeking them out.

Anyone who knows me irl or on here knows I LOVE hugs. I hug my friends all the time (well, before COVID, obvi). 

However, I won't hug everyone. If I get a bad vibe from you or just generally don't like you, nope. 

Otherwise, I'm ready and willing.

I've hugged so many people. Even my WAITRESS at TGI Fridays just because she kept telling me how beautiful I looked in my dress (it was Prom night). And when I forgot my food inside, she ran it back to me and started her sentence with "Excuse me, Princess?"

Edited by SpookyEmerald
  • Brohoof 1

I love them from family, tolerate them from friends (I may actually like them if I’m in need of a hug or something), and despise them from strangers or people who are only acquaintances   

1 hour ago, SpookyEmerald said:

Anyone who knows me irl or on here knows I LOVE hugs. I hug my friends all the time (well, before COVID, obvi). 

However, I won't hug everyone. If I get a bad vibe from you or just generally don't like you, nope. 

Otherwise, I'm ready and willing.

I've hugged so many people. Even my WAITRESS at TGI Fridays just because she kept telling me how beautiful I looked in my dress (it was Prom night). And when I forgot my food inside, she ran it back to me and started her sentence with "Excuse me, Princess?"

What a sweet waitress :kindness:

55 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I love them from family, tolerate them from friends (I may actually like them if I’m in need of a hug or something), and despise them from strangers or people who are only acquaintances   

Tolerate :c ?

For me depends on context or who it’s from. Depends what kind of friends/family we are too :pout: .

I'm okay with it, mostly. I hug my friends when I greet them and my girlfriend all the time, but I'd be a bit weirded out if a total stranger suddenly hugged me in the street, and not necessarily in a good way.

They are weird in any circumstance for me. I would only feel comfortable with them if they come from someone I trust, and only so long, there's some hugs that go for too long and it becomes awkward. 

• Brohoof 1

I am not really fond of physical contact as it's very awkward for me, and tend to avoid it if I can help it. 

I don't mind the occasional hug though. 

~Edit~

Depending on who it is I may just initiate one. 

Edited by Yakamaru
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I like them. This being said, being more an introvert person I would feel uncomfortable giving or receiving them from total stranger. I need some time to get to know a person.

Sometimes I really wonder, if people should just hugging each other more.