Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are you single?

jackspedicy

i am single because they are not worth the effort and expense. i am a lone wolf and i do best when I'm alone and I enjoy being the single guy that still has cash in his pocket because i don't spend it all on girls

• Brohoof 2

I've found out I like to live alone. Money and time for myself, no random outburst for little things, peace and quiet..... and many more. Plus living with moderate (at best) depression for over a decade and my parents being pathetic in handling it (more often than not, making it worse), took away any desire to start a family..... well, I do want to start a family, a family of my and two dogs :D 

Welp, saw this on the "recently posted in" and decided to write something up since I am on a chem lecture and bored out of my mortal mind. Now, the chosen few know I tend to ramble on for paragraphs on end but this time I will attempt to keep it short and quick before the lecturer comes around and roasts me.

So, yes, I am single and with a lifelong plan of staying away from long relationships and without even a notion of getting engaged or married. In my world view a "significant other" is nothing but a significant drag to pull my life down the sink.

Why? I need to pay attention to them, spend time with them, possibly spend my income on them etc. right? Well, that does not sound very good to me. I live only once and I wish to fulfill my dreams and goals and having someone else there would inevitably complicate things, and since I live by the rule "The best solution is usually the easiest one", I find that the most sound and logical conclusion is to simply not have one, ever. 

This does not mean that I totally wouldn't like to have a gal by my side, but since I am indeed myself, my own life comes first.

Huh, I still managed to make it an overly long mess. :D Anyways, cheers for reading.

Lol love the little :3 at the end of the thread title. "Why are you pitifully lonely you little shit? :3"

Aaaaaaaaanyways, I believe I am not ready for the responsibilities of having a relationship, really. I am usually too uninterested nowadays anyways.

I just don’t think I’m the marriage type, and if I’m not looking for a long term relationship, what would be the point of leading some woman on? 

Also, I have eccentric tastes, and I have a mild case of Aspergers which leads to me being obsessed over a handful of topics, none of which I have yet to find a woman who cares about as much as I do.

But I’m happy with this. I’m free to be my own man, and to live any lifestyle I care to. Also, I don’t have the economic stressors that come with having a significant other.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:53 PM, Star Mist said:

I not seeking a relationship as of current. A lot has been on my mind about college, career and my family. 

Well...On top of this, I don't think some lady is going to like me for who I am. Example is being socially awkward if that's already enough with people alone. I feared that being single is inevitable.

I'm so deep in debt and have so many expensive personal ambitions that I see a girlfriend/wife as an unnecessary money sink. Haven't really ever actively looked for one.

I admit I'm lonely sometimes and I'd love to find someone who is right for me (and is totally cool with my MLP fandom), but I also know that being stuck with someone who doesn't click is infinitely worse than being alone. It just isn't as easy to find true friends as Twilight makes it out to be. 

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

Well I did have a boyfriend for a year, but we parted ways just due to things.  Mostly I'm single now due to moving in the next months to come back to my home state!

• Brohoof 1

Biiiiig break up with my ex. And thus after that my feelings are incredibly fragile and I avoid anything relationship wise and have for around 8 months. Love is the most powerful. And most painful thing to ever exist. And I am a Changeling so you know I mean business saying that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I posted in here a while back but, some things have changed since then. 

I'm only single because I just haven't found the right guy yet...or rather he hasn't found me yet. :P I'm in no hurry to get in a relationship though...I'm perfectly fine waiting for that special someone. But hey, if you sweep me off my hooves better than Jimmie Johnson, trust me, you'll be good enough for me. :lol:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, Tao said:

Well I did have a boyfriend for a year, but we parted ways just due to things.  Mostly I'm single now due to moving in the next months to come back to my home state!

Moving can be difficult, hope you have/had an easy time with it!!

• Brohoof 1

Because I’m way too shy and fear rejection like the devil and also see myself as the devil if I can tell a girl isn’t into me and I feel very unattractive afterwards :maud: .

Ive only managed to do it online because people get to know me first for a while and it’s so much easier to reach out than in person where you’re probably around them often. Here you can just disappear...

Actually I lied I’ve had a relationship twice in real life but long ago.

I say “know me first” before actually seeing me since I don’t think I’m all that attractive (not awful but not the best).

Edited by WWolf

Because I've been hurt by bad breakups twice before and while I do have feelings for someone, I'm afraid it would end badly if I were to make a move...

Edited by Prospekt

I'm single because I'm an acquired taste. I'm introverted, cynical and hard to reach. When I meet someone I like, they have to see past the exterior and find what's good under the surface. Most people don't go that far and I don't blame them. The last time I got close to someone, circumstances beyond my control took me away from her and that messed me up a lot. I've met someone new and I like her but I'm awkward around people, especially the ones I'm attracted to, so it may take time to develop.

• Brohoof 1