Discordant Harmony  

111 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• Terrible
    • Bad
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Amazing

Oh, what a lovely Discord-centered episode! Apart from a very good lesson for Discord and for the viewers, it had the perfect amount of chaos, normality, Fluttershy/Discord interactions and humor, and even an unpredictable turn of events (for me at least). Chaotic Fluttershy was sheer adorableness. Also, I really liked the Discord Six and the literal Fluttercord thing they did, or how do we even call that long yellow suit something that Discord probably sleeps with

As a background ponies fan, I adored the tea and china ponies that appeared in the episode. I hope they will get enough love from the artists. Wait, I just realized that “china” is a thing in Equestria. I wonder if they have the China country equivalent.

Spoiler

The only thing that bothers me is that creepy piñata. A nightmare fuel right there.

large.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Oh, what a lovely Discord-centered episode! Apart from a very good lesson for Discord and for the viewers, it had the perfect amount of chaos, normality, Fluttershy/Discord interactions and humor, and even an unpredictable turn of events (for me at least). Chaotic Fluttershy was sheer adorableness. Also, I really liked the Discord Six and the literal Fluttercord thing they did, or how do we even call that long yellow suit something that Discord probably sleeps with

As a background ponies fan, I adored the tea and china ponies that appeared in the episode. I hope they will get enough love from the artists. Wait, I just realized that “china” is a thing in Equestria. I wonder if they have the China country equivalent.

Hide contents

The only thing that bothers me is that creepy piñata. A nightmare fuel right there.

large.png

Albeit an adorable little Lovecraftian horror. :wub:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

>not giving the options a clever naming scheme.

I am disappointed in you OP!

LOL, I like simplicity XP

Edited by Firedog

Oh my, Discord was at his funniest and greatest this episode. The sheer volume of visual and logical gags and quips was sustained throughout and it is heartwarming to see that Fluttershy's friendship with Discord genuinely stems from how she relishes his chaotic nature and his personality. The narrative with Discord fading away also took care to avoid retreading Accord from the IDW comics wherein this episode, he embraces convention rather than absolute order. The pacing was tight throughout the runtime and there was a clever repetition of themes such as the singing ginseng, staircase, piñata, the usage of multiple selves and the Fluttershy suit. The fact that Fluttershy could predict what Discord would be natural is a testament to how their bond has grown. I've never enjoyed a Discord-centric episode so much, and it was greatly aided by the fact that his motivations for once tempered and reasonable.

This is the best episode of the season for me for how effortlessly it runs but since The Perfect Pear is next, it may slip into number two.

Oh yeah, Pinkie Pie has been fucking amazing in her appearances this season.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say I really enjoyed this episode because it gives Fluttershy some more screen time in a good way. She's long been my least favorite of the Mane Six, but lately her episodes have become much better and I think this one is a great example of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I really Love this Episode!

Discord and Fluttershy is Really Amazing.

I also love the Tea Ponies!

I'll give this Episode 9/10 and with that, Fluttershy is now my Third Favorite Mane 6 Pony.

@Firedog

Just letting you know this has been moved to the Season 7 section considering the US airdate is upcoming. :)

• Brohoof 2

Mother bucker, I have waited over a MONTH for this episode (and even more so the episode after it) with the patience of a tortoise!  Let's hope the wait was worth it (given that Discord episodes are usually delightful, I'm guessing it will be).  PREPARE YOURSELVES, EVERYPONY, THE MID-SEASON HIATUS IS AT AN END AND NEW PONY IS BACK!!! :love:

Man, Fluttershy is way more used to weird shit by now than she gives herself credit for.  I imagine that other ponies might be thrown into an existential crisis after a tea party with Discord. ^_^

Again, it says much about Ponyville that most ponies barely bat an eye at Discord's antics anymore. Course, Pinkie lives there too, so they've probably seen it all by this point...

Lol, I'm honestly surprised it took Discord this long to consider he might possibly have bucked up (even though I'm sure Fluttershy would be perfectly alright with his house; I mean, her house, her rules, his house, his rules, she seems plenty alright with that). :muffins:

Man, Mister Rogers would tell Discord this is too much... ironic considering I'm pretty sure he's wearing a Mister Rogers sweater vest. :derp:

Alright, I waited patiently to watch both this and A Perfect Pear legally even after hearing about the leaks.

I thought that it was worth the wait and I generally enjoyed it.

It was refreshing having an episode about Discord where the conflict isn't basically him acting like an annoying jerk for 22 minutes.

This was the most sympathetic he has been in a while.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

piñata needs it's own fan group though :D

I want to see that pinata to become Discords pet and I hope we'll see him again. :grin: