111 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• Terrible
    • Bad
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Amazing

Just now, Dowlphin said:

To me Fluttershy Leans In it was full of little gold nuggets. I guess many didn't like it because there's not enough for the demanding mind. Fluttershy is food for the heart. Not everybody enjoys her tea parties, heh.

Your episode idea sounds great, too, though. I would watch that. ^^

It wasn't badly done, just painfully predictable. Flutters wants to do something nice for the animals. Flutters gets her plans ignored by louder, more assertive ponies that aren't listening to soft-voiced Flutters (and you would think they would know better by now, but no). Flutters runs out of patience and insists it is done right, then goes back to being adorable again.

Ok, so Flutters is just as OP as the rest of the mane 6, and possibly then some; we get it. Flutters tends to allow other ponies to overshadow her because she is introverted, unassertive, and lacks self confidence; we get that too - that's pretty much the one-sentence summary of her character. And of course she is able (if reluctantly) to step up and do what is needed, when that is the only option open.

The thing is, we already have seen this, repeatedly. It was a waste of a Fluttershy episode slot to show us yet again, when we could have had (for example) Flutters and another of the mane 6 solving a friendship problem for Treehugger at the Breezy Sanctuary, or Flutters consulting in the crystal empire for some rare animal there.

Alright, this episode was just awesome. About time the lesson covered this topic about distinguishing yourself and not trying to be like the others. It's what makes us unique. It's why as a musician, I really dislike when piano versions of pieces are transcribed exactly like the original...like...dude, the possibilities are endless...

I'm not sure why, but this episode somehow felt forced to me. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but it just didn't seem to flow very organically to me. Maybe it's that it was a bit predictable, as others have said?

Either way, always nice to see Discord in an episode!

6 hours ago, Meeps said:

I'm not sure why, but this episode somehow felt forced to me. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but it just didn't seem to flow very organically to me. Maybe it's that it was a bit predictable, as others have said?

Either way, always nice to see Discord in an episode!

Overall plot was predictable; drilling down though you find each scene has been gem-coated for your viewing pleasure, then polished until it shone.

I am pleased by how well this entire season has done in that regard; so many episodes that looked poor from their plot synopsis have turned out to be absolutely awesome.

9 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Overall plot was predictable; drilling down though you find each scene has been gem-coated for your viewing pleasure, then polished until it shone.

I am pleased by how well this entire season has done in that regard; so many episodes that looked poor from their plot synopsis have turned out to be absolutely awesome.

I very much agree with you, this season has definitely pulled some surprises and gave us some wonderful gems!

This was a great episode featuring everybody's favorite Discord and Fluttershy. Somehow, I watched it months ago, a week after episode 11. I guess some strange things are happening this year round huh?

First of all, I really liked the moral that you shouldn't change yourself just for the sake of being more "normal" or pleasing others. It's more important to be an individual with a unique sense of identity and purpose. Discord acting normal is the most chaotic thing he's done, you can tell he was struggling to maintain the facade since it's such an unnatural concept to him. Even though chaos is a destructive element for everypony else, it's something Discord can't live without, he embodies it.

I also enjoyed all his wacky ideas for an unorthodox tea party. I don't even drink tea and I'd probably attend that party if I had an invite. Discord really puts the sing in ginseng!

Finally, I appreciated how they showed that 2 completely different characters can be a great match for friendship. Fluttershy keeps Discord's chaos in check and Discord inspires Fluttershy with his limitless creativity. It's a perfect yin and yang synergy.

Oh wow, that was a pretty cute episode and i'm sure discord x fluttershy shippers had their hearts beat as high as sky scrapers and as fast as a car engine.

I liked the idea of discord being normal, it was funny to see, and also nice that he himself didn't have that much of a problem with it. Well, his body did as he started to "demanifest".

As always, discord brought great comedy into the whole thing and made it very funny.

Also, i need to know the name of the song when he was at the barber, i heard it in gmod videos before but i don't know where.

Although, i would've liked to have it all break down. Like, not fluttershy expecting almost EXACTLY what discord had but more like make everything discord has in his home be "disguised" as normal and let fluttershy be like "uhh, yeah this is... ...okaaay..." and then make everything break and make fluttershy be like "this is more like it!" and discord like "really?!"

Still, 5/5, i liked it c:

47 minutes ago, FizzyGreen said:

Oh wow, that was a pretty cute episode and i'm sure discord x fluttershy shippers had their hearts beat as high as sky scrapers and as fast as a car engine.

Fluttershy suit was creepy though, especially when he let her see it. Pinkie had a much better one, but I guess he wouldn't have fitted into that.

15 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Fluttershy suit was creepy though, especially when he let her see it. Pinkie had a much better one, but I guess he wouldn't have fitted into that.

That was the idea behind it. I mean, discord could just turn into her ^^.

But no it had to be like that like

Discord.

Great episode imo. Just confirms that Fluttershy accepts Discord the way he truly is.

The episode was basically "opposite attracts" and in other cartoons it is usually retold using romantic relationship. I was always wondering with which characters they would this message premise. Initially i was 100% sure it's going to be Rarity/Applejack episode, but now i see Hasbro is really into Fluttercord chemistry.

Just now, Conred said:

The episode was basically "opposite attracts" and in other cartoons it is usually retold using romantic relationship. I was always wondering with which characters they would this message premise. Initially i was 100% sure it's going to be Rarity/Applejack episode, but now i see Hasbro is really into Fluttercord chemistry.

Yup. More "odd couple" though, and there are plenty of non-romantic examples - The very first of course literally being called that, from which the trope gets its name :)

17 minutes ago, Conred said:

Has nothing to do with "opposites attract", if you recall how, or more importantly why, Fluttershy and Discord became friends. And in this episode specifically it was not a particular attraction due to opposites, but just that Fluttershy expects Discord to do things his way, to be authentic, and a bit of change every now and then is always nice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.08.2017 at 7:43 PM, Dowlphin said:

Has nothing to do with "opposites attract", if you recall how, or more importantly why, Fluttershy and Discord became friends. And in this episode specifically it was not a particular attraction due to opposites, but just that Fluttershy expects Discord to do things his way, to be authentic, and a bit of change every now and then is always nice.

No the message specifically was about "Opposites attract" because Fluttershy said so and that they make sense to her. Fluttershy was obviously excited to see Discord way to do things, she didn't just expected him being different. She even said that he is acting like "everypony else" which make it look like they are boring to her. And thus she is attracted to his oiginal hijinks.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a good episode, but I'm really getting tired of Discord.

I did like the tea party, and Fluttershy trying her best to bring Discord back to normal.

Edited by Blobulle

• 4 weeks later...

The tea party in Discord's house was good for both Discord and Fluttershy. As Discord started to fade out, Fluttershy has to act chaotic in his house before he completely disappears!

• 3 months later...
On 25/5/2017 at 8:30 AM, Kyoshi said:

Okay, now this actually sounds a bit fun. As much as I think Discord is incredibly hit and miss in terms of entertainment value, this is an episode I can totally get behind. The relationship between him and Fluttershy is something I love and I want to see more of it, and this sounds like an interesting take on that. Plus, it could be a self acceptance moral, which is always welcome. 

That episode was friendship, discord becomes restless and worries that fluttershy is not her friend if she felt uncomfortable

On 24.01.2018 at 4:40 AM, Van123 said:

That episode was friendship, discord becomes restless and worries that fluttershy is not her friend if she felt uncomfortable

Not for long. Season 8 pretty much confirms Discord crush on Fluttershy. People seeing shipping in this episode is comepletely justified.

On 26/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, Conred said:

Not for long. Season 8 pretty much confirms Discord crush on Fluttershy. People seeing shipping in this episode is comepletely justified.

that was friendship between the two of them, he is not crush on her. That relationship does not work, it's platonic. Spike in season 8 mentions the relationship between discord and fluttershy that they made in season 7.
Discord gave Celestia flowers in season 4 and they are adults, well Celestia is a woman of 30's, Discord is an old man of 60's and Fluttershy is a young girl. and people only theorize justify is not true in their brains was romance, but in reality will always be amsitad. The Q of star trek is inspired by discord and they are not looking for a true love, what they are looking for is to be friends.

On 31.01.2018 at 12:28 AM, Van123 said:

that was friendship between the two of them, he is not crush on her. That relationship does not work, it's platonic. Spike in season 8 mentions the relationship between discord and fluttershy that they made in season 7.
Discord gave Celestia flowers in season 4 and they are adults, well Celestia is a woman of 30's, Discord is an old man of 60's and Fluttershy is a young girl. and people only theorize justify is not true in their brains was romance, but in reality will always be amsitad. The Q of star trek is inspired by discord and they are not looking for a true love, what they are looking for is to be friends.

You dont know what are you talking about. You need to actually watch the show.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:41 PM, Conred said:

You dont know what are you talking about. You need to actually watch the show.

no you are who dont know what are you talking about. with the crazy theories and things that are not.  It is a story of friendship, not things of what you want. and is platonic and i watch the show actually. discord give flowera to celestia.