Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forsaken of the Everfree 1x1 with Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

(edited)

OOC: 

@Maple Bat

It was somewhere around noon when Celestia's sun was shining with its fullest glory on the land of Equestria.

But not everywhere was it so shiny, as the Everfree forest was a place that was avoided by most ponies because of its dangers that populate the forest.

In this forest there was walking a colt, a cloak was covering his body.

He walked trough the forest, seemingly lost in the depths of this dark place.

"There are no such things as directions in this forest, that is just my luck..." he muttered to himself.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus

Maple had gotten lost in everfree forest while trying to find where chrysalis was because changlings where begining to show up through out equestria once again.

She had been there for several hours now she had gotten tired. I need to get some rest She thought but I can't sleep on the ground so I guess I'll do the bat thing hope nopony sees this

She flew up to one of the tree branches and flipped upside and hung there for a second before going to sleep. Only to be woken up by the sound of a pony's voice which caused her to panic and fall to the ground creating a loud thud.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Maple Bat

The colt let out a surprised yelp from the sound.

He walked a bit closer to where the sound had come from, he couldn't see what had made the noise.

'What could it be?' he thought to himself.

Eventually, he got the courage to say something.

"Is anyone there?" he asked.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Yea I'm here" Maple said back she moved over to where she heard the voice come from and panicked for a second "Oh Hey! Don't worry about my appearance I won't hurt you. Two things, What are you doing out here and how much did you see?" She wasn't focused to much on the pony she was talking to she was too busy looking around for threats

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Maple Bat

The colt looked a bit surprised.

"I am lost in this forest, can't seem to find my way back to Ponyville."

He looked at her a bit confused.

"And I didn't really see anything particular, I just got startled by the sound you made."

"But what are you doing here yourself?" he asked curiously.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

Maple found they where safe for now "I was scouting for the night guard and I got lost. Looks like it's the same situation for both of us."

It was getting late. Again... She pulled some camping stuff out of her bag she swiftly collected branches and leaves to make a fire for the two of them and started setting up a tent for the newcomer as well

"Hey, you're rather young to be out here" She said noticing it was a simple colt "It's dangerous out here. Stay with me I'll protect you. Oh! and names Maple, you?"

• Brohoof 1

The colt seemed to have relaxed a bit.

"You are part of Princess Luna's Night Guard? That is really neat. My name is Jack."

He pulled down his hood, revealing a young unicorn colt, he had a dark white fur with a similar mane and tail colour, just a bit darker.

But what stood out from his appearance where his facial features, having ears and eyes that are similar to those of a bat.

"Nice to meet you." he said with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

Maple laughed a bit "Not often I find someone who's a fan. Most of the time people assume I'm going to hurt them when they see me." She spread her wings subconsciously "So why are you here anyways." She was hoping to find out a bit about this colt she had encountered.

• Brohoof 1

"I have been looking for some special ingredients that seemed to grow inside the Everfree forest, but sadly I had no luck finding them."

He then looked around.

"I tried to find my way back to Ponyville but I ended up getting lost, I have walked around for what seems to be hours at this point."

He then looked back at Maple.

"Do you happen to know how late it is? I am not very good at figuring something out like that by just looking at the sun." he asked nervously. 

• Brohoof 1

Maple glanced back over at the camp she just made "Sun's going down easier to tell if you glance at the horizon it'll be dark in a few minutes. Best you camp here with me you can have the tent I'll stay awake so I can guard you while you rest if you're tired. But if you don't trust me that's ok too." She walked over to her bag which she had leaned up against the tent and pulled an apple out of it and began to "Drink" it

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you." he said.

"And don't worry, I trust you, I don't have any reason not to trust you." he said with a smile.

He walked into the tent and start to lie down.

Eventually, he fell asleep.

• Brohoof 1

Maple stood guard for Jack for a few hours then passed out. She had been up way too long. She woke up before the colt though so she check on him and he was fine. Relived she started gathering up some of the supplies. And waited for Jack to wake up.

• Brohoof 1

Eventually, Jack woke up.

He walked outside and took a look at his surroundings, it was already rather late in the afternoon.

He rubbed his eyes a bit and then looked at her.

"So what's the plan now?" he asked her curiously.

• Brohoof 1

"Keep walking" Maple told him "and hope to Luna we don't get attacked by anything out here." She after finishing picking up the campsite she began walking toworrds where the sun had rose

"Guessing you're not trained in combat too well." She assumuned

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I only know bits and pieces about magic, but that is really it." he admitted.

"But from what I can guess you are trained rather well, I will follow your lead."

He said as he follower her.

• Brohoof 1

"I am, I've trained for a few years now." She began "When you look like me it's hard to make friends during the day. Also when we get some time maybe I can let you read on of my magic training books. I used to study them a lot."

I'm glad the kid trust me. She thought Well I guess he did rest the whole night but I got lucky.

Maple heard something, Something nearby. but wasn't sure what it was so she disregarded it.

• Brohoof 1

"Aye, I can imagine what it must feel like."

He suddenly stopped

Jack heard a sound too, it sounded like stepping on the ground, it didn't sound like hooves.

"Um, Maple? Did you hear that I have a feeling something is nearby, it didn't sound like the stepping of hooves, but rather something different"

• Brohoof 1

As Jack said that Maple saw something leap at him but before it hit him she managed to tackle whatever it was. She got her spear from her bag seeing that this was a timber wolf She stabbed it right in the neck but it didn't go far enough through to be a lethal hit the timber wolf retaliated hitting her in the right shoulder. When the wolf tried to get up Maple bucked the spear that was still stuck in the beasts neck as hard as she could causing it to pierce the wolf and hit a nearby tree as timber wolf fell apart she grabbed her spear "Ugh, why do those always draw blood." She said to her self. She shouted at the young colt she was traveling with "Keep moving these things always move in packs plus they regenerate when killed so hurry." She flew just slightly above the ground because the position of her injury would prevent her running very well.

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded, with a running speed he followed Maple, out the corner of his eye he saw that timber wolf regenerating.

He levitated it up with his magic and threw the entirety of timber wolf as far as he could, before making a sprint to catch up with Maple.

To his horror he heard the sound of more running somewhere behind them, he ran as fast as he could.

• Brohoof 1

Maple heard it too she picked up the colt and placed him in a tree hiding him and herself there. "Shh... they can't track our scent only movement and sound." She watched as 4 timber wolves passed by where they were hiding. Even She was scared she was trained but not enough to be lost here of all places.

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

He tried to be as quiet as possible, but he frowned when he noticed that the timber wolves were still looking for them, some even coming close to the tree while looking for the 2.

He looked at Maple.

"I can try to teleport us far away, you think that would be a good thing to do?" he asked her in a whisper.

"Yea. Do that, they smell my blood so they know I'm still around." She whispered "Word of warning though teleportation tends to make me sick." She looked at where the wolf had hit She was amazed she could still move her own leg, part of her coat below the wound was turning orange-ish.

• Brohoof 1

"Hope this is going to work," Jack said as his horn started to glow.

He teleported them both pretty far away into an another try.

Or at least that is what he was trying to do as his teleportation magic was not that accurate. They both were teleported a bit above the top of an another tree.

Jack quickly grabbed a branch with his hooves.

"That was tricky." he said while trying to lift himself up.

Maple ended up hanging upside down from her tail. "Good job never seen someone so young do that level of spell" She said "However no we are even more lost." Never thought I'd get this lost here of all places. Hope I can protect this kid.

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks, but it was a pretty desperate move of mine, it costed most of my magic."

Jack said as he climbed one branch.

"But we could look on the bright side, at least we managed to lose the timber wolves." Jack said panting.

"Say, are you feeling okay with that wound?" Jack asked her.