Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forsaken of the Everfree 1x1 with Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Jack eventually woke up, partly awoken from the loud thunderstorm.

"W-wa."

he said rubbing his eyes.

"Oh Celestia, thank you. Things just went tense a while ago, you really saved my life back there." he said to Maple

"I wonder why it feels so cold in the everfree forest at night, I know its cold by usual standards, but this?" he said shivering.

"It is crazy."

(edited)

Maple laughed again "Me save you? You really saved me there. you saw it first and It was very brave of you to look at that thing so I could hit it. I would have been a statue in the middle of this dumb forest if we hadn't have met." She didn't realize until Jack had said it but Maple was chilly too ."Its mostly the rain and the fact the sun doesn't come through the thick layer of over-brush above us now and warm the ground." Constant threat is something Maple was used to she'd even been captured by chrysalis once but this time there a colt under her guidance somepony who's never been in this much danger before.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"Yeah, it was just something I felt I had to do.." he said with a smile.

It was silent for 5 minutes until he said something again.

"So where do you exactly come from? I don't know much about your past?" he asked curiously.

"Oh? Ponyville's my town of origin. I'm surprised you've never heard of the Demon of ponyville" She said "Or at least that's what they all used to call me. My parents are Fluttershy and Discord. I was always a vampire fruit bat like how I am today. When I was around 12 I ran away from ponyville to the castle of the two sisters. I went back to ponyville when Luna told me I wasn't that scary to everyone. And that's about all I'm willing to say right now." She yawned "What about you?"

• Brohoof 1

"Wow, thats... Pretty amazing."

"I used to live in the Canterlot orphanage after my parents had been presumably killed."

"I ran away from there and have been roaming Equestria ever since, there is not much to tell there.

He said with a sad face.

"Hey, come on Jack you're still growing up." she told him "You still got a lot of story left to write."

Maple's ear twitched "Sounds like it stopped raining." She got up and started packing up her stuff. "Shall we start to move again?"

• Brohoof 1

"Like I have much of a future." he muttered

He looked at Maple.

"Yeah it might be best if we keep moving, I guess it the best course of action at this point."

He didn't sound very convincing.

"Everything will be ok trust." Maple told Jack "I'll make sure you get back to ponyville. I pinkie promise."

She sounded convinced with herself but she really wasn't. She was going to protect Jack with her life. She picked him up again "Still dark out..." She started moving the way they had been moving again.

Moving in silence for a while she decided to tell him something important

"Ya know Jack, I wasn't honest with you when we met. The real reason I'm here is because me and 'Tia have a bit of bitterness towards each other and I well... She was walking to the throne room for something Important and she had a piece of cake. So I was just messing with her and I tripped her. Little did I know she was running because she was late and she got hurt... Badly. I didn't mean for her to get hurt it.I ran away again..."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh man... I don't know what to say to that..."

He answered with surprise.

"I am really sorry to hear that has happened."

He was silent but managed to say something after.

"But you can look at it this way, at least you get to meet Princess Celestia herself."

"Well I technically work for her sister. I see her a lot." She told him "Thanks anyways though. Maybe I'll take you to see her after we get out of here she'd probably like you."

She heard howling in the distance too far away to be a threat now but they where on the move again. Her spear was at her side but she held it a bit closer, she was gonna need it a lot. This young colt was really growing on her. He was pretty good at magic to be able to cast a teleportation spell on not only himself but a grown mare too. Maple had continued a ways before seeing another pony in the forest. She went closer but she saw the pony's cutie mark and realized that it the same as hers heck the pony was the same too. "Changeling!" Maple shouted, the other Maple dashed off. She didn't want to chase down this changeling in the dark who knows what could happen to her if she did. "Must have been a illusion of some kind." She said trying to help Jack keep calm.

• Brohoof 1

"Did you say changeling?" he said with a worried look.

"I hope it doesn't decide to attack us."

He looked around frantically, but of course, he couldn't see in the dark.

He gave her a soft nudge with his hoof.

"Maple, I think we need to get out of here, as fast as we can.."

"We cannot stay around with that changeling.."

"It wouldn't have run if it had backup we're fine." She told him "But I'm with you. The changelings know I'm here now so they'll be looking for me." She ran in the direction they where heading. She hoped the sun would come out soon even with her nocturnal eyes seeing in the dark was still difficult with all the brush and trees.

• Brohoof 1

"First timber wolves, then a cockatrice and to finish it up, a changeling appears, does this forest have anything more to throw at us?!" Jack said

His heartbeat was beating a fast rate.

"I am going, to be honest here, I am not brave, I am not used to this, why are they all after us?!"

Jack eventually started talking really fast and hyperventilating, similar to how Twilight Sparkle does it.

"What if we don't make it out of this forest?! They are going to eat us alive?!"

At this point, Jack could no longer contain his fear.

There's so much more here. Maple thought

"Hey." She grabbed Jack and hugged him "I won't let anything get you alright. They're not after you they're after food it's their primal instincts and the changelings are after me." She didn't realize it but she was crying a bit the young colt would have been better off not finding her as he wouldn't have had to teleport to some random part of the forest because Maple couldn't fight a few wooden mutts.

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks." he said hugging her back.

"It just feels so wrong just walking here in the middle of the night, being prey to all those animals out there."

"I guess it just bothers me that we are probably not even close to Ponyville at this point."

He closed his eyes.

"It just doesn't feel safe here.."

"I know. I've never been this deep into the forest myself wasn't aware of how many threats existed." She put Jack back on her back "Together we can handle anything this forest can throw at us." With some training this kid could be one of the greatest in the guard She thought. She heard that awful howling again closer this time but still not threatening to her. 

2 Changelings had been watching Maple since the raining stopped. "Gah. I'm hungry" The first one said "Can't I just eat a bit? I mean they already saw you."

"No." The other one replied in a whisper  "and keep you voice down otherwise she might hear us. But why is she so devoted to protecting someone other than herself? It's not something we'd do."

• Brohoof 1

Jack thought he heard something, his sensitive ears picking up rather loud.

But he dismissed it, thinking it had been an own or something.

'I am getting paranoid, I need to calm down.' he thought.

"I am going to try and be quiet, so I won't be interfereing with our hearing." he said.

"Alright." Maple said "If you get scared again just tell me though and we can rest again for a while." She kept walking. She had heard voices but couldn't place them even with a bat's hearing so she made a loud click noise with her mouth.

The 2 changelings began to argue in whispers again The first one began "How are you not hungry?"

"I am." the second one whispered back "But if we capture Maple we'll be praised as heros and we'll never have to leave the hive again."

"That's a good point" the first one smirked "We need to seperate them so one of us can disguise."

A spear then hit in between them and broke the branch they where both hovering above causing them both to fly away fast.

Maple went and picked up her spear "Echolocation worked that time. That's new must be because of all the trees." She marched on to get out of everfree.

• Brohoof 1

"That was close."

Jack said

"We need to press on. For some reason i have the feeling there are going to be more of them" He said with concern.

He was still shivering, he wrapped his cloak tighter around his body.

"Maple, do you think they would have send a search party for us?" he asked her.

"I don't think so... at least not yet." She told him "The chances of them finding us again are low." Maple had continued walking quite a ways before hearing something else approach. Sounded like more timber wolves she readied her spear once again and stopped moving waiting for it to strike her.

• Brohoof 1

Out of the woods came 8 timber wolves rushing towards them.

Jack panicked and used his magic and launched a magical sphere at the enemy, 1 timber wolf was completely oblitirated but the other 7 where still there.

But what was even worse is that the timber wolves had them cornered, they all started approaching them from a seperate direction.

Jack fell off Maple's back from exhaustion, he tried to fire atnother magical sphere but the strain on his horn hurt so much that he fainted.

Maple knew that she trained for this situation. She stood above jack and waited until one behind her leaped at her smashing its head with the back of her spear. 2 on other side jumped at her at once. She then took them both down with a huge overhead swing. That left 4 of them each on a different side. The one she was facing jumped she picked up Jack and jumped over it causing it to smash into the one behind her She threw her spear killing both of them. 2 left and she was unarmed 1 lept at her she bucked it back but after that the other attacked hitting her bellow her extended wing. She stared it straight in the eyes and punched it so hard the wolf flew into a tree and splintered she flew over picked up her spear and finished the last one she had backed away. She then laid down next to Jack and folder her wings so he couldn't see the new wound "Hey kid. They're gone now you can open up your eyes."

• Brohoof 1

Jack, however, was unconscious.

The amount of pressure his horn had produced had been so much that he had passed out of from the pain.

His entire body felt ice cold from the lack of magic that had been used in a spell way to warm up his body.

But what was even more disturbing was that his horn had been burned a bit from the extreme spells, the top of it had become a bit black.

Maple waited their a a moment "K.. Kid?" She said nervously She got up and she noticed some of her blood was on his side but she didn't know it was hers Oh no I... I failed she thought She pulled her black cloak out of her bag and covered him with it. She started crying uncontrollably, she tried so hard in order to protect him but she let one thing slip her by and no she'd broken her promise just like the people she hated.

• Brohoof 1

Jack hoof started to twitch a bit, but his head had an uncontrollable throbbing pain.

He had trouble opening his eyes, his body reacting badly to the magic overload he had caused to himself earlier.