Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forsaken of the Everfree 1x1 with Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

She saw movement underneath her cloak. "Jack!" She said throwing the cloak off him. "Are you ok?" Seeing that his eyes where open caused her to have a small spark of hope "Where are you hurt? I can patch it up."

• Brohoof 1

"Head." he managed to blutter out barely.

he started sobbing hard.

Behind all that toughness he had tried to show was now nothing more than his inner self showing its true colours.

His vision was very blurry, he tried to stand only to tumble back to the ground again.

He eventually gave up and just placed his face into the dirt.

She looked at Jack's head There's no cut here She realized why Oh that's my blood... Thank you celestia. She was absolutely relived he wasn't hurt "I don't have anything for headaches. Come on." She picked him up still crying a bit she wiped her tears away. "Won't get out of here with you on the ground."

• Brohoof 1

Jack was starting to feel ill.

"We are not m-" he tried to say with a sore throat

"We are not going to make it like this."

"Leave me here, I am too much of a liability to you. This way I won't be slowing you down."

Jack said with an emotionless face.

"No! I'm not going to leave you. It goes against my code of honor." she said "You're a very talented unicorn. That's why I said 'Tia would like you." She could tell the colt had some self respect issuse like she did when she was young. and started to laugh a but.

• Brohoof 1

"But still, we are getting attacked constantly... Our luck is going to run out eventually...."

"We need to take up our travel pace alot faster, but even that is going to be difficult."

"But even then, I am going to die if attempt another spell in my current condition." he said weakly.

"I know we are constantly under attack." She agreed "But I'm trained to handle this. I mean I took out 7 timber wolves with out a scratch on me. Plus if we find Sunny we'll be better off." She didn't explain who that was but she hoped they would find him as he lived here

• Brohoof 1

"You are right, I have no reason to doubt you."

"I just hope we reach our destination soon, my head is starting to feel really hot for some reason."

he said as he closed his eyes.

"I hope I won't be too much of a liability to you during our trip." he muttered as he tried to rest some more.

Maple saw a fence up ahead "Wait is that?" She ran over to it she hopped over the fence and saw an open field with a pond, a small tree house and a large dog house looking building" It is! The Chaos playground!" She was so happy to see this place again. "One time me and my brother we got lost here because of an accident with Dad's Magic We made a small sanctuary out here. That means" She whistled loudly, In the distance visible to Maple a Large creature got up and started to run over towards her. As it got closer It was clearly a manticore.

• Brohoof 1

Jack awoke from her words. "W-wha." he managed to say before he saw what was ahead of them.

"That is amazing." he said with a small smile on his face.

But at the sight of a manticore, he started trembling.

"Does this forest n-never give us a break??" he said in a scared yet ironic tone.

When The manticore got close to maple she didn't move "Sunny! Come here!" The Manticore picked Maple up, Jack fell off her back. The Manticore licked her in the face She laughed "Aww I missed you too buddy!" She realized she didn't tell Jack "Oh jack this is Sunny. Mom helped him one time she was in the forest and she kept taking care of him and now he guards the chaos playground for me and my brother." Sunny looked at the small unicorn with a bit of curiosity He growled at him "He's a friend." Maple said.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was used to perhaps city life or at the very least seeing regular everyday animals.

But a friendly manticore? That he was scared was an understatement.

He started to back away, a look of horror on his face.

His vision was still a bit blurry, wich made him unable to see the face expressions of others that well.

Suffice to say he had the feeling the manticore would attack him any second.

He tried to run away from them, his mind having a thousand scenarios thinking of how he would be eaten up.

"Jack..." She said catching up to him "Its ok I've been around him for years and he's only ever hurt anything that threatens me or my brother. It's why this area of the forest is so safe." She didn't want to pick him up otherwise He might think She's a changeling trying to kill him.

• Brohoof 1

It took him a few seconds to get his mind back together.

"You are right I am sorry, I am just feeling really sick at the moment, blurry vision, throbbing headache and sore throat.."

He tried petting the manticore, tough he was still rather unsure if it was a good idea.

(edited)

The manticore smiled at him and then licked him in the face same as he did Maple "Aww he likes you." she said "Anyways now that we're safe I'm going to go get some rest feel free to join me." She flew over to the tree house where a bed was waiting for her. She realized how much had happened today so she went out to the small pond gathered a bucket of it's water which she poured into a bath-tub sized bucket in a small room in the tree house and closed the door so she could relax a bit.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Jack was surprised, getting licked by on the creatures who he was used to getting attacked by in the first place.

A smile appeared on his face as he was petting the Manticore, doing things that anybody would to a house cat that would make the cat purr in enjoyment.

"Wow, i... I have never seen something like this before, it's stunning to see something like this happening." he said in awe.

He then laid down in the grass.

"My emotions are just swirling like crazy, I am just not used to this entire *adventure* thing, mostly i always used to be alone." he said to himself.

While Maple was in the tree house the manticore laid next to Jack. Maple from the room heard what he had said and shouted back so he could hear him "Mom's a miracle worker. We though it was impossible too but She did it. And don't worry now you've got me and Sunny to protect you" She washed the sweat and slight amounts of blood off her coat After she finished she dumped the water out of the tub-thing into the grass. She felt way better after her bath stepping into the sun she stretched her wings to let the feel the warm. She really liked this kid and he was an orphan she walked over and laid down with him saying quietly "Hey Jack you said you where an orphan perhaps if we get out of this I could take you under my wing. Sound nice?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"That would be nice, I would be really grateful if you really want to do something like that for me." he said with a smile.

"You think it's the end of the forest is far from here? Not sure if you know it but it would seem logical since you have been to this place a lot before."

he as he closed his eyes from the sun.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Unfortunatly when me and brother made this place discord found us and created a portal to it so we could go back and forth but after I got employed and my brother lost intrest he closed the portal saying that it strains his magic too much." She said "Still it's nice to have somewhere safe for a..." She yawned loudly "Awhile. I'm gonna go get some sleep. If anything goes wrong get Sunny to protect you." She trotted over to the tree house and fell into the nice bed.

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded as he closed his eyes.

It was eventually a few hours later that Jack woke up, he saw something in the distance, he walked over to it and what he saw confused him.

Walking a bit further into the forest he saw someone familiar, or so he believed.

There was a changing standing further up who had disguised himself as Maple.

"What are you doing all the way over here Maple?" he asked the imposter.

"Sorry I was just Scouting around." The Fake replied "We should probably get moving again you think?"

Sunny noticed Jack had run off and followed him a bit. And he saw the fake Maple. He growled

"Whoa there easy." She said to the manticore taking a step back

Meanwhile in the tree house the real Maple was still asleep dreaming of making it back hoping Luna would show up and give directions but to no avail. She would be sleeping for a few more hours because she went several eventful days without sleeping.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked confused at why Sunny was growling at her, but then a realisation struck him.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked the Fake Maple.

"Hey Maple, can I ask you something?" he said in a fake cheery tone.

"Tia?"

"Who exactly are you talking about?" The fake Maple asked confused "Well it's more of I don't exactly understand how that's a question."

The manticore stepped closer to Maple sniffing her "Back off!" She yelled

• Brohoof 1

Jack enveloped the imposter with his magic when he saw Sunny's reaction.

"You can drop the act now Changeling, I know you are not the real Maple."

"So just drop your disguise and show us what you really look like." Jack said as he held her high in the air.

"What are you talking about?" She said defensively "Ugh never mind." The Changeling changed to his normal state "So... now you know what I look like. What does that matter. You probably already know what I was up to as well."

• Brohoof 1