Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forsaken of the Everfree 1x1 with Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Jack glared at her, before whispering something in Sunny's ear.

"Please go get Maple quickly, she will know how to handle this." Jack then the Manticore a friendly stroking against his mane.

He then turned back to the Changeling.

"I am actually quite interested in hearing what you were up to, as I don't know your full intentions," Jack said with suspicion.

(edited)

The manticore nodded and ran off

"Wait you don't know how we survive do you" The changeling started "We need to feed off of love and the amount that bat pony gets is more than enough for the whole hive to eat for months, if a changeling was to bring her back they would be praised as a hero. The problem is she knows how we operate very well so it's hard to catch her."

Sunny started clawing the base of the tree the tree house was in Maple woke suddenly as that was a signal they developed. "Hold on I'm coming she said leaping out of the open window of the house. Sunny began running back to where jack was with Maple close in tow

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Jack looked at the changeling with disgust.

"So you were planning on kidnapping her? Just so you could feet off her love? Normally I would have sympathy for you, but all of that sympathy is now shredded away, because of your alliance to Chrysalis." Jack said in a cold tone.

He slammed the changeling on the ground with his magic.

Looking her dead in the eye as he levitated a big rock with his magic close to her.

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't hurt you right now." he said to her, anger was clearly visible in his eyes.

"Well more like kidnapping you forcing Maple to surrender for your safety" After being thrown down She panicked "Because I'm only serving chrysalis! an it's not me being selfish the queen just isn't very generous with our food anymore since we lost half of our population to your stupid magic of friendship. I'm just so hungry."

Maple showed up before Sunny right after the changeling finished her sentence "Well looks like you can handle you're self after all. Good job kid!"

• Brohoof 1

Jack didn't seem to hear Maple call out, he was caught very much in his own anger.

He clenched his teeth, his anger rising as he saw the changeling in front of him.

For a moment Jack could be seen moving the rock a bit in the air, giving a small glimpse of him thinking about dropping the big stone on the Changelings head.

"And you think kidnapping innocent ponies is going to solve your hunger?! Tell me, why shouldn't I just attack you here and now? Give me a good reason this instant, or I won't be changing my mind!!" he said with a high amount of anger, he looked almost like a totally different person.

"Please I'm just trying to survive" The changeling pleaded

"Jack! Enough!" Maple shouted Trying to get him to spare the changeling "Most changelings hate the fact they eat love and this one's one of them."

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked at the pleading eyes of the changeling and eventually sighed.

He threw the rock away with his magic away.

"You should be grateful that I at least still have a shred of decency in me, but the very fact that you wanted to kidnap one of us already makes me sick in the stomach." he said with a cold tone as he walked.

"I'll leave I promise." the changeling said flying away quickly

"That was a good thing you did sparring that changeling but here's the thing how do you know I'm not a changeling" Maple said "But before you ask 'Tia is celestia"

• Brohoof 1

"That would be rather hard to know, I had some help to figure out that it was a changeling." Jack said mentioning his head to Sunny.

"But I partly think letting her go was a mistake, for all we know she is going to warn her fellow changelings and try to ambush us all later on."

"They already knew I was here that's why that one tried to get you." Maple said "It's weird I wonder why they where..." Her sentence got cut short as she got hit in the back by a bolt of magic knocking her to the ground.

"Ahh Maple" a Male changeling said "you've grown far to soft haven't you." He levitated jack "And how nice of you to spare a changeling like that. I might as well spare you." He put Jack down and looked back at Maple "How the merciless captain seems to have slipped..."

"Shut... Up" Maple said standing back up "I'm not merciless if I was you couldn't be alive. Sunny! Sick him."

Sunny lept at the changeling knocking him over but he teleported away for now.

"Sweet Celestia that hurt" Maple Groaned gripping her side

• Brohoof 1

"Maple, you ok?" he said with worry.

He was silent until an idea popped up in his head.

"Maple, I have an idea, you stay here and rest, I am going after that coward myself!" Jack said as he ran straight into the forest, trying to find the Changeling.

Jack seemed to be different personalities, from the once scared colt he now turned into a self-confident but reckless one.

"Don't It's a trap!" Maple yelled at Jack. She looked at Sunny "Go hurry." 

The manticore nodded and took off after him.

After a few second Maple managed to start to walk again she headed back to the tree house where she knew she'd be safe.

• Brohoof 1

Jack wandered trough the forest, while it was dark, he was using a spell that his horn glow in a lantern type of spell.

He sighed and looked around some more, he then sat down at closed his eyes, listening to his surroundings.

Sunny approched Jack carefully when he did he sensed something and growled

"So Maple thinks that you... A young colt can beat me a trained soldier." The changeling said presenting himself. "So what do you think you can hope to achieve?"

• Brohoof 1

He glared at the Changeling.

"That is something you will have to see for yourself."

Jack said as he started levitating lots of stones in the air.

All of the stones shot towards the Changeling all at once.

The changeling yawned mocking him and shot several magical bolts at the rocks smashing them to pieces

"Is that really the best you've got?" The changeling said "Welp my turn" he levitated an entire tree roots and all out of the ground and threw it at the colt. Only for it to get cut in half by the manticore behind him.

• Brohoof 1

Jack fired a weak magic blast at the Changeling, only to teleport away quick after.

When he was out of is sight, he pressed his attack.

He then fired some weaker ones in a rapid succession, just to teleport away again.

The changeling laughed blocking his weak projectiles with a magical barrier "Your magic means nothing to me. You stupid Colt. Now hold sti-"

Sunny slashed the changeling in the side with his claws preventing him form shooting at Jack.

Meanwhile Maple was limping back to the tree house a changeling disguised as Jack appeared beside her

"Aww are you hurt." He said "Let us help you with th-"

"What's the code word?" Maple asked

He looked confused "Code wor-" Maple kicked the changeling so hard he dropped his disguise.

"Don't you dare mock me or my friend like that." She said continuing to walk back to the tree house.

• Brohoof 1

Jack then remembered an old spell that he had been thought long ago, a unique spell.

As the Changeling got slashed by the Manticore, Jack used the spell, and a red trail went from his horn to the body of the Changeling and it was starting to get enveloped.

But it was not just magic, it turned out the dark magic, a spell that slowly drains the magic supply of the victim.

"Gah! What... What are you doing." The changeling left his energy leaving his body.

Maple sensed Dark magic being used nearby due to her being magically sensitive. Adrenaline kicked in she ran back to the forest knowing he was in danger. She wasn't happy with what she saw.

• Brohoof 1

"I do what I have to do." Jack said as he kept the spell going, a dark aura started slowly enveloping his horn

Unlike the normal spells where Jack would tire out, this one didn't seem to make him tire out in the slightest, just giving him some sort of growing feeling.

Jack I'm sorry She flew over to him and kicked his horn very lightly knocking the flow of magic off balance forcing him to stop the spell

The changeling booked it faster than anything Maple had ever seen move. She turned around to face Jack "I'm sorry for kicking you... But Jack I thought you would know better than to use dark magic. It takes you sanity that's how evil ponys like chrysalis originate."

• Brohoof 1

"I am trying to overcome the influence, it may be dangerous but if I manage to break trough this problem I can learn new spells that have been forgotten to ponykind."

He said with a mild tone.

"All the ponies out there exaggerate from the side effects of dark magic, but it's not as bad as everypony makes you believe."

"How would you know I've lived with chaos magic inside of me my entire life and I don't even benefit from it!" She said angrily. She took a deep breath and calmed herself down. "It's a very scary thing. You think you can control it only that's how it does control you if you don't fear it it becomes a part of you." She looked down remembering many ponies who forgot that Sombra was the first to come to mind.

• Brohoof 1

"This isn't the first time I have used dark magic, I have been trying to get used to this *insanity* thing and make my body recognise its properties."

"I doubt Sombra even realised what the powers could do before it was too late, but I am already aware of the dangers, so I know what to do with it." he said.