Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Annoying Anti-Americanism

heavens-champion

(edited)

Anyone besides me find anti-Americanism annoying? Seriously, you hear things like 'Americans wanna take over the world' and 'Evil America' all over the internet. Oh, I'm sure there are some good excuses for it, but honestly, it's ridiculous. Makes it seem like Anti-Americans think Americans aren't people. Good reason for me to thinkthat people who are from other countries and hate America are welcome to stay where they are... especially the ones who make up wild stories.

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 7

Can't agree enough. Americans have been trained to become self-loathing twats. It's sad when Americans encourage nationalism of other foreign nations, but suppress nationalism of their own damn country.

• Brohoof 4

You know what else is annoying? American exceptionalism. Stop being so loud about being "the best country on Earth." That is just false. I think I would sooner opt to live in Chile than I would in the USA, partly because Chile has lower homicide rates and lower incarceration rates.

Nothing against people in the US being nationalistic but keep it to yourselves and in your borders, please. 

• Brohoof 13

I cannot say I'm proud to be an American when I barely believe in the government to make any decisions that benefit the citizens rather than itself or any corporate entity that lobbys to pass laws to benefit itself. We have far too many problems that other nations have either eliminated, or their respective governments are actively working to change.

I personally don't consider myself to be "anti-American", I just can't say I like being one.

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

You know what else is annoying? American exceptionalism. Stop being so loud about being "the best country on Earth." That is just false. I think I would sooner opt to live in Chile than I would in the USA, partly because Chile has lower homicide rates and lower incarceration rates.

Nothing against people in the US being nationalistic but keep it to yourselves and in your borders, please. 

I don't think America is the best country in the world. I just think it's home.

• Brohoof 3

I think the US is neither the greatest country on earth or the worst country on earth. I think it's a nice country, with some pros and cons like most other first world countries.

• Brohoof 10

I wouldn't call my self a nationalist not even really patriotic but as an American i do love the United States and what its founders intended it to stand for. The government of the United States however that is a different story. Despite the fact that i do love my nation its painfully clear how ass backwards we are for a 1st world industrial superpower. This nations government stands for the rich and could give a fuck less about its citizens.  

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Liquid said:

No ones saying America is "the best country on Earth" here. Hell, I truly believe the USA is one of the WORST places on Earth to be living atm. The last 10 or so years have all but destroyed America and American society as a whole. 

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

No ones saying America is "the best country on Earth" here. Hell, I truly believe the USA is one of the WORST places on Earth to be living atm. The last 10 or so years have all but destroyed America and American society as a whole. 

I wouldn't say its one of the worst places on Earth to be living. I mean you could do worse such as places like North Korea or Zimbabwe but overall for a first world nation the United States fails at a lot of things. 

(edited)

42 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

you hear things like 'Americans wanna take over the world' and 'Evil America' all over the internet. 

probably Brits. When they're not hating their own country, they're hating america. It's what they do. 

giffffr.gif?w=680

I'll be honest, around other americans I talk shit about america and around brits I talk like an arrogant american stereotype. trololol

Edited by Zyrael
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Zyrael said:

I'll be honest, around other americans I say talk shit about america and around brits I talk like an arrogant american stereotype. trololol

^^^^^ This so much!

Just now, DayShadow said:

I wouldn't say its one of the worst places on Earth to be living. I mean you could do worse such as places like North Korea or Zimbabwe but overall for a first world nation the United States fails at a lot of things. 

I feel like the following nations would be preferable to the US for the modern adult male: Europe, Russia, Japan, India, Central America, and South America.

The reason I specify "adult male" is due to the incredible amount of social, legal, and just general discrimination adult males face in the US as opposed to adult females (who are basically treated like "superior beings"). Men deserve equal rights, not being metaphorically used as a doormat for the modern day mainstream feminist agenda.

The only places it is worse, to my knowledge are Australia, and (maybe) Canada.

This topic really makes me feel like I'm gonna have an ulcer to be perfectly honest, so excuse me as I leave this thread forever; I simply cannot tolerate the gross physical, mental, and emotional abuse males are subjected to in modern day America while being forced to suffer in silence.

• Brohoof 1

I'd imagine a chunk of these people aren't being serious. Even as an American it's really enjoyable and easy to make fun of America, and I'm sure I'd do it even more if I was from somewhere else.

(edited)

I haven't heard any real anti-Americanism... I've heard critiques of the country on plenty of occasions, but not straight-up "the US is bad..." In my opinion, extreme nationalism in America is what's really annoying to me... I've found that the attitude in the establishment, and for the most part also on the far right, is that America is better than everyone else, and we can't do anything wrong. Saying that we are the pinnacle of democracy, to be honest, is misguided. Especially considering that the people really don't have a lot of say in modern elections (if they did, Sanders would actually have had a pretty good chance of becoming president. Thanks to Democrats that's not the case...). Overall, I think America isn't really that great, and I'd rather be somewhere else.

Edited by Squirrel Luigi
  • Brohoof 1

As an American, I can easily say that America is a cultureless shithole. Nothing but celebrity worship and a completely corrupt government and the general masses here are not smart. That is the sole reason Trump is now leading and making everything even worse somehow, so we are getting what we deserve in that regard. I personally hate a lot about this country these days. I am pretty much an anti-America american. I know most people will see that as blasphemy but it is how I feel.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Kyoshi Initially i was a bit indifferent about Trump but earlier this week when i heard about his idea to cut 800 Billion from medicaid and to boost defense spending and fund his stupid wall i went from indifferent to not liking him. I have to wonder how moronic one must be to think cutting something so many people rely on to get medical treatment is a good idea. Instead of measuring the cuts in money saved they should measure it in lives lost.  

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, DayShadow said:

@Kyoshi Initially i was a bit indifferent about Trump but earlier this week when i heard about his idea to cut 800 Billion from medicaid and to boost defense spending and fund his stupid wall i went from indifferent to now liking him. I have to wonder how moronic one must be to think cutting something so many people rely on to get medical treatment is a good idea. Instead of measuring the cuts in money saved they should measure it in lives lost.  

Wow. He really wants that wall. I think he's scared.

1 minute ago, heavens-champion said:

Wow. He really wants that wall. I think he's scared.

correction to your qoute. It says now liking him i meant not liking him. Thats a hell of a typo lol.

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

As an American, I can easily say that America is a cultureless shithole. Nothing but celebrity worship and a completely corrupt government and the general masses here are not smart. That is the sole reason Trump is now leading and making everything even worse somehow, so we are getting what we deserve in that regard. I personally hate a lot about this country these days. I am pretty much an anti-America american. I know most people will see that as blasphemy but it is how I feel.

Considering how they let illegal immigrants inside, and allowed things like the Ferguson protests, I think there just might be a bunch of corrupt government officials... obsessed with black goop (a.k.a. oil).

36 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Geez, even that's pushing it. It compares favorably with third world countries but juxtaposing it with first world countries the likes of western and northern Europe and Australia and New Zealand and yes, then it does start to rank low.

It's been almost ten years since the great recession and later them getting bailed out. Honestly, if there's one issue both sides could come together on, it's getting money out of politics. Maybe then both the Republican and Democrat party can begin to represent their constituents instead of their donors. 

• Brohoof 3

I think the U.S. is still a half decent place to live, but it's far from perfect, of course. It's not in a favorable situation, but if our founding fathers saw how it was today, they'd probably be ashamed of us. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

As an American myself i find the biggest problem in this country is our president. Donald Trump is the largest buffoon we have ever had as a president. Hey, here's an idea, let's increase military spending, it's not like $600 billion isn't enough anyway. Instead of funding necessities such as schools, healthcare and giving to the poor let's just increase spending so we can fight the Islamic State which the administration is making such little progress on. Does a U.S. President also need to learn at least the most simple parts of U.S. history? apparently not. Trump said that Andrew Jackson said that the civil war could have been prevented, and Andrew Jackson died 20 years before the civil war even started. The man doesn't even know what NATO is, and he doesn't even know what freaking NAFTA is xD. The problem in this country is our idiot president, his administration and the people who support Trump even to this very day. 

Edited by Altscar
  • Brohoof 6