Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoop's Delightfully Decadent Rap & Hiphop Thread

Zoop

(edited)

It seems like this thread has taken a decidedly favorable approach towards new-wave, mumble rap-type trap music; I felt like I should be surprised, but then I reconsidered that most users of this forum are more than likely pretty young.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:58 PM, Retro*Derpy said:

Idk how much anyone listens to 6ix9ine but he released a new album 

Okay, this guy is absolute trash-tier and I fail to understand how he has gained any popularity whatsoever, and I'm pretty forgiving of iditots, thugs, and musically uninclined artists in my trap music...

Now Trippie Redd... this man has the right idea. Perfect balance of autotuned vocals and a pretty unique sound, a bit emo-tinged (typically, not in the song posted beow) but not to the extent of artists like Lil Peep or $uicideboy$. That style, but a bit more mainstream appeal (not on this song in particular though).

Spoiler

Bonus points on this track for having Playboi Carti's cousin UnoTheActivist tackle the first verse- it's just a good vibe throughout.

For something a bit less well-known, have some Divine Council. Rap group with ICYTWAT in it, who's a rapper/producer who did some beats for early Madeintyo and Playboi Carti before they blew up.

Spoiler

Now Lil Uzi Vert is just iconic, even if I don't like the direction he's taken this Lil Uzi Vert VS The World as much as his older music... I prefer my Uzi slurring his words and so obviously destroyed on lean and Xans that he can barely talk, let alone stand. 1017 VS The World (collab with Gucci Mane), Luv Is Rage, and Lil Uzi Vert VS The World are all quite a bop though. Plus I respect any nerd who was bullied in high school for liking anime and being a general loser and was able to launch a massively successful rap career from his online haven <3

Spoiler

Flatbush is always a bop, and criminally underrated... let's hope their upcoming release this year can change that.

Spoiler

And last but not least, BROCKHAMPTON. I think it's very cool and brave that their main dude, Kevin Abstract, is very open about his homosexuality and can put it over such bangin' rap music.

Spoiler

Other favorites in the current rap climate include Gucci Mane, Travis Scott (Travi$ > Travis tho), The Underachievers, A$ap Mob (specifically Rocky, Ferg, Twlevyy, and Na$t), Dave East, Playboi Carti, HoodRich Pablo Juan, Joey Bada$$ and the rest of the Pro Era squad, Kendrick Lamar, Kodak Black (women-beating aside...), JID, and a whole slew of others... just what I could remember off the dome that's on my current playlist.

Edited by Twiliscael

On 4/8/2018 at 12:25 AM, Retro*Derpy said:

Some more stuff with TS

Love me some Trav. Days Before Rodeo is one of the strongest mixtapes I’ve ever heard and both Rodeo and Birds in the Trap are awesome trap records for entirely different reasons.  The man needs to drop Astroworld already though...

Flatbush Zombies- Vacation in Hell is my favorite rap release so far this year. They manage to further the sound they put forth on 3001: A Laced Odyssey while still leaning on their older style, and even embracing a lighter, more alternative-styled sound on the latter half. Highly recommend! Plus, Meechy Darko straight bodies any track he graces.

Edited by Twiliscael

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The first single to Travis Scott’s upcoming album Astroworld has dropped, available on Apple Music, Spotify, and other streaming services now! 

Long live la flame!

Edit: Youtube link's up now:

Edited by Twiliscael

New Playboi Carti album dropped, and it's fresh! Won't change your mind if you don't like him, but if you do, it's even better than his self-titled tape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring like this:

>CHA-CHINNNNNG!<

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...