Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zootopia; Legitimately Stellar, or Overrated?

K.Rool Addict

I'm disappointed that Pixar didn't make Zootopita into either a mini TV series, or an actual TV series, exploring more places Zootopia has to offer, including more animals like kangaroos or koalas (both which are native to Australia with Australian voice actors/actresses), or even locations that weren't included in the movie itself. Feels like a completely wasted potential in all its goodness.

Legitimately stellar. Zootopia is completely unlike any other film to come out of Walt Disney Pictures, adopting a modern-day world and modern-day tale. Even though the world is made up of Predators and Prey coexisting, its storytelling philosophy is very Pixar-ish by focusing more on “What if” over “Once upon a time,” amazing character development between Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde, outstanding humor, and an extremely well-crafted story. Its themes of discrimination, corruption in government, racism, and xenophobia are tackled excellently. Shakira’s “Try Everything” perfectly fits Judy Hopps’s character arc.

Not only is it the best Disney animated film in the Revival Era. It’s one of the best Disney films, period.

• Brohoof 1

Legit surprised me at how good it was. I remember not thinking much of it given all of the usual movies about anthropomorphic animals that have come before but Disney knocked it out of the park on this one 

Legitimately Stellar and I really enjoyed watching it back then.

I was really impressed by the world building. The basic idea/conflict between prey a predators in this modern city was really well done and fleshed out. Back when this came out I also read a longer article about what the creators original intended and it was really really dark for this kind of movie. What was also quite memorable from this movies for me (I haven't seen it in ..3 years) was Judy being confronted between her ideals and the reality of life in the city.

• Brohoof 1

A bit of both, I think. I really respect its gumption regarding tackling real-life issues, especially at the time of its release when I think that that was really vital. It can be a little on-the nose at points, and certain plot beats, namely the twist villain, don't really work for me, but generally speaking I think that it's a very good movie.

• 1 month later...