Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Song of Heroes[Orchestral]

Ocean Melody

Ok. 

It's an ok listen. However, watch your chords and progressions. They are scattered all over the place. You need to make sure you have organized progressions that can help you develop a pattern and direction for the song. I suggest you work around the I, ii, IV, V and vi. You may insert a iii whenever possible. 

I see you also modulated, but it wasn't very smooth. You went from C Major to Ab Major, which is a huge jump. To get from C to Ab, you will need to employ the V of V of C, which is D, instead of resolving to the I of V (G), you would minor the G chord transforming it into the ii of IV of C (F). Move to the V of the IV (C), then resolve to the minor I of IV (F), transforming that into the vi of Ab. Move to Eb, the V and then resolve to the I, which is Ab. Alternatively, you can simply modulate to C# using the vi of C# which is A#. Move down to the V of C#, which is G#, and then resolve to C#, which is the I. 

You also need to work on your orchestration. Orchestrating is the most important aspect when writing orchrestral music, because every instrument provides for a different tone and feel to the piece. For this piece, you need more brass and timpani. Make your strings less rhythmic and more sustained with some melody in it.  Add a gong strike or some cymbal crashes as well. Lessen up on the snare. It adds unecessary drive when trying to convey that heroic epic quality. 

Lastly, your instrument quality needs a ton of help. I suggest you look into garritan instruments as they are high-quality instruments made for all kinds of orchestrals. 

All in all, this piece needs quite a bit of work. I can help with theory and orchestration. Shoot me a PM at anytime and I'll be there to help. 

• Brohoof 1