Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would bronies count as furries?

Yumekai

Would bronies count as furries?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Would bronies count as furries?

• Yes
    • No

I personally really wish that "furry" wasn't such a bad word. Honestly, I don't see why it ended up that way, seeing as there are bad apples in any fandom. 

I do think that Bronies and furries are branches on the same tree, just as I think people who are fans of werewolves are in the same boat. I think outside people just naturally recoil when they are associated with furries, because it has become the norm to hate on them. That's why I'm really open to say that furry/anthro art is one of many, many things that I like, because I think it sucks that when someone says they are a furry, they're automatically viewed by outsiders as icky. And, also, since the ponies from MLP are anthropomorphized, in my mind, they do kind of count as "furries." 

No. If you want proof, I'm a brony for life, and I'm definitely not a furry.

You're only a furry if you want to be one, and if you say you aren't one, then you aren't one.

Liking one thing doesn't mean you automatically like something else.

There are definitely some bronies who are furries, though, no doubt about that!

Edited by Rhythm Red

From my point of view, both fandoms are "connected", but I don't find them to be interchangeable. Even so, to me it makes more sense to say bronies are furries (Because MLP characters, ponies and non-ponies, are non-human anthropomorfics) than vice versa (Some furries like MLP, some not).

Nope.

Bronies can be furries as well, and many are, but many are also not.  There is significant overlap between the two fandoms, with lots of anthro-style crossover art, but there is also plenty of Warhammer 40K/MLP crossover art, does this mean that all Bronies are Warhammer fans?  No, of course it doesn't.  A person can be one or the other, or both, but being one does not imply the other.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...